BARLA Fiji tour November 2018

Let's hope the player selection is much fairer and transparent than the head coach selection, absolutely shocking decision and another example of jobs for the boys, we wonder why the game is dying.

1 hour ago, snoopdog said:

Let's hope the player selection is much fairer and transparent than the head coach selection, absolutely shocking decision and another example of jobs for the boys, we wonder why the game is dying.

Is that a dig at the coach!? Or coaches obviously not sure on who are what but from what’s been said makes it sound like a given job!?

If you read the post it clearly states head coach. Not a personal dig more on the personal who decides the appointment. This is the coaches 3rd tour I believe, 2 with Barla , 1 Cumbria. On 2 occasions he was actually coaching RU in a very well paid job when he was appointed , what's the saying"it's harder to get out of BARLA then get in "

31 minutes ago, snoopdog said:

If you read the post it clearly states head coach. Not a personal dig more on the personal who decides the appointment. This is the coaches 3rd tour I believe, 2 with Barla , 1 Cumbria. On 2 occasions he was actually coaching RU in a very well paid job when he was appointed , what's the saying"it's harder to get out of BARLA then get in "

Coaching staff put themselves forward for the job, then a committee makes their choice from the applicants and the choice of the squad has always been heavy from whichever the region the coach comes from, I've seen players who would make it easily into any NCL side not get a smell simply because he plays in a (believe it or not) BARLA playing league

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

13 minutes ago, snoopdog said:

Its a BARLA tour! And you confirm my initial post , whoever chose this coach made a poor decision, many coaches involved in the Community game are disgusted .

In the community game, like which ones ? and as the saying goes, you have to be in it to win it (who got the job anyway)

3 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Before we go any further, I buy into the idea that the BARLA team should be selected from players who play in the BARLA leagues, t'other lot have the England Lions

So should the coaches.

1 hour ago, Marauder said:

Before we go any further, I buy into the idea that the BARLA team should be selected from players who play in the BARLA leagues, t'other lot have the England Lions

Shouldn't NCL players who commit to play in the BARLA run county championship   come into consideration for selection.

1 hour ago, snoopdog said:

So should the coaches.

I've no problems with that, players and coaches should be rewarded for playing in their respective area of choice, obviously if they play both (not just registered) then both BARLA & England Lions should be available.

3 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Shouldn't NCL players who commit to play in the BARLA run county championship   come into consideration for selection.

Should they be available for county selection ? - All this is really for another tread.

I find it strange that we have County tri series to which the BARLA GB is picked from. I was on the understanding was England Lions are put forward by there clubs.

For me there should be trial game for the England Lions as well as BARLA as on the new registration system I have had to register players for the NCL (Run by RFL) team then have them duel registered to play for the 2nd team (Run by BARLA).

• 2 weeks later...

Just had it confirmed, it is Gary Hewer, chased from Whitehaven then went to Carlisle RU, part of the Cumbria RU county squad coaching team this season and now BARLA coach, 

4 minutes ago, JMB said:

Just had it confirmed, it is Gary Hewer, chased from Whitehaven then went to Carlisle RU, part of the Cumbria RU county squad coaching team this season and now BARLA coach, 

He has been the Cumbria Open Age RL coach over the last 2 seasons,don't know about  his RU county involvement.

Archived