Hemel V Town predictions

town4me

There has been a lot said about Leon saying about training 3 times a week. That is not an increase, it's been misunderstood and Jamie Doran also touched on it in Interview. What he was saying was if this team wants to improve is that the players need to make more effort to get to the 3 set sessions a week. He's not increasing the sessions he wants more attendance at the sessions.Big difference. 

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ginock1 said:

There has been a lot said about Leon saying about training 3 times a week. That is not an increase, it's been misunderstood and Jamie Doran also touched on it in Interview. What he was saying was if this team wants to improve is that the players need to make more effort to get to the 3 set sessions a week. He's not increasing the sessions he wants more attendance at the sessions.Big difference. 

Opens up another question . Why aren’t all the players there ? Surely that’s a given if you’re committed and you want to plan or gel anything . Seems strange it would be tolerated like that ... just try and get there ? It’s not the most professional if so . If you sign for a team a fair distance away you do it knowing what you’re getting into and what you commit to . Everyone should be turning up and we can’t talk the talk if we’re not backing it up in preparation 

59 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Opens up another question . Why aren’t all the players there ? Surely that’s a given if you’re committed and you want to plan or gel anything . Seems strange it would be tolerated like that ... just try and get there ? It’s not the most professional if so . If you sign for a team a fair distance away you do it knowing what you’re getting into and what you commit to . Everyone should be turning up and we can’t talk the talk if we’re not backing it up in preparation 

The answers were in the Interview David m, small sacrifices by all required. Probably not one person in particular just a miss here a miss there.

Nobody was highlighting this when we beat Bradford Bulls though, tends to be the way in sport. 

1 minute ago, Ginock1 said:

The answers were in the Interview David m, small sacrifices by all required. Probably not one person in particular just a miss here a miss there.

Nobody was highlighting this when we beat Bradford Bulls though, tends to be the way in sport. 

Yep . Interesting article by Jamie obviously trying to put over a clear message . We’ll see what the response is over the coming weeks and how it’s reflected in Leon’s teamsheets. 

when i put the post on about our kicking it was mostly to point out when we get a penalty , we just seem to casually kick it into touch ,some times lucky to gain ten yards when we should be putting pressure on there line as to me we should be gaining at least twice the ground , we had that chance against  oldham to put pressure on there line but it was taking 2 tackels .just a waste of 2  to get to where the kick could have been

Believe there is an issue throughout the team regarding training, travellers I'm assuming would have it stated in their contracts how many times they train? Locals unhappy being asked to train more with poor numbers are now refusing to swap shifts and go the extra mile to make training, throw in DR who show up on a Saturday (sometimes) and you can see the issues.

One thing is certain the team will not progress unless it starts to train together at least 3 times a week.

14 minutes ago, snoopdog said:

Believe there is an issue throughout the team regarding training, travellers I'm assuming would have it stated in their contracts how many times they train? Locals unhappy being asked to train more with poor numbers are now refusing to swap shifts and go the extra mile to make training, throw in DR who show up on a Saturday (sometimes) and you can see the issues.

One thing is certain the team will not progress unless it starts to train together at least 3 times a week.

We’ve had several opposed sessions with Town and there’s never been poor numbers 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

Well that's a contradiction on what LP and JD are saying and also what other players are saying. An opposed session is the finishing touch to a weeks preparation, it's what you do early in the week that will determine success. I believe JD is referring to the exact same.

2 minutes ago, notasdaftasilook said:

We’re all experts about what goes on behind the scenes. 

The players and coach are the expert's and they are the one's who are clearly stating there is an issue.

18 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Certainly not ! Leave that for others . Not in the squad , young fullback from Leigh 

Where’s the squad available view David? 

Scratch that. Got it. Think Ricky Bailey is predominantly a winger he signed for Leigh from Saints 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

Archived