Hardman

I heard he had a groin strain? Rings true because that's what he was struggling with in the close season.

Why is  our club a secret society when it comes to reporting injuries to our players. We are told regarding long term injuries but we only hear on the grapevine about less serious niggles. EG  Hardman, Davies and has Thacks done his arm again ? Anyone know or do we guess.

I was talking to Ian before the Batley game and as Steve said, Ian has a groin strain and was having difficulty running so he needed to rest it. Hopefully he will be back soon and allow Tom to move back to the halves.

20 minutes ago, Cardypaul said:

I think if Hardman’s not fit we should be trying to get a full back from Leeds on DR rather than a  half back and leave Holmes in the halves.

Like who?

Which fb in their squad isn't getting a game Paul? 

I'm not sure what Jordan Lilley brings to fev that Thacks doesn't, or what Turgut does that Davies doesn't. But there are a number of factors here incl:-

Duffy has forgotten more about the game than i will ever know and playing dual reg/loanees now will keep said players fresh for later in the season.

I take your point I guess it’s a case of who’s available. I just think we really miss Holmes when he’s at full back and I’m with you on Lilley and Thackeray I don’t see him as any better probably worse as he doesn’t take the line on as well as Thackeray

If Ian's not fit for Thursday why not experiment? As underdogs it doesn't matter if it doesn't come off, but if it does you never know what might happen? As half backs defend in the centres why not try going one further and play Thacks at the back and Holmes in the halves and swap them around when defending? it might be impossible to do but better to try it in the cup than the league.

Archived