Luke Briscoe

On May 10, 2018 at 6:04 PM, Auntie Ruth said:

....his brother went to Leeds for £500k, he was at the top of his game though and an England international, think £100-150k’s about right...

Tom didnt cost leeds any transfer fee, he was out of contract with hull

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, rhinos78 said:

Tom didnt cost leeds any transfer fee, he was out of contract with hull

Then Sky have it wrong then, it was reported at the time that he went for £500k.....I also know a few Rhinos fans, who, when he first went there said he was  playing sh** and he was only getting in because he cost half a million quid!! 

5 hours ago, Gareth hock said:

I couldn’t believe the amount of times sky called him luke burgess on Thursday 

And the way they go on about our slope is unbelievable. Its as if you can't play up a slope. Too many commentators at Sky talking tripe and pinching wages.

46 minutes ago, Phil Loxton said:

And the way they go on about our slope is unbelievable. Its as if you can't play up a slope. Too many commentators at Sky talking tripe and pinching wages.

Yeah I thought that as well the slope isn’t even bad it’s not exactly mount pleasant 

1 hour ago, Auntie Ruth said:

Then Sky have it wrong then, it was reported at the time that he went for £500k.....I also know a few Rhinos fans, who, when he first went there said he was  playing sh** and he was only getting in because he cost half a million quid!! 

Yeah sky and the rhinos fans you mention are wrong. He was out of contract with hull, the story at the time was that he wasnt re signing with hull because he wanted a crack in the nrl, he then decided to join leeds instead, not sure if he got the nrl interest he was expecting or not. But we didnt pay a fee for him. 

1 hour ago, rhinos78 said:

Yeah sky and the rhinos fans you mention are wrong. He was out of contract with hull, the story at the time was that he wasnt re signing with hull because he wanted a crack in the nrl, he then decided to join leeds instead, not sure if he got the nrl interest he was expecting or not. But we didnt pay a fee for him. 

Right...must have made it up in his wages then! 

9 hours ago, Gareth hock said:

I couldn’t believe the amount of times sky called him luke burgess on Thursday 

Yep. Totally embarrassing.  Bill Arthur is like the apprentice Eddie Hemmings.  He couldn't have sounded less interested.  Although the quote of the night came from Brian Carney when he suggested that we may be struggling due to missing our half back Jordan Lilley.

What ****ing hope have we got.....

19 hours ago, plug said:

That's all well and good wanting SL but Luke has a good job pays well and toped up with his rugby wages a rugby player has a shelf life of about 20years at most then what no rugby wages and packed a good job in for full time money for how long ????? In SL i know what i would want 

What job does he do outside of rugby, out of interest?

9 hours ago, rhinos78 said:

If you say so

I wasn’t being facetious, that’s what was reported he was worth, so, although they wouldn’t have paid a transfer fee, as you claim, he must have settled for a decent sum, hence, must have made up for it in his wages.....

11 hours ago, RobLambert said:

Yep. Totally embarrassing.  Bill Arthur is like the apprentice Eddie Hemmings.  He couldn't have sounded less interested.  Although the quote of the night came from Brian Carney when he suggested that we may be struggling due to missing our half back Jordan Lilley.

What ****ing hope have we got.....

Agree Arthur is a joke his research before a game is non existent calling someone consistently by the wrong surname shows a complete lack of professionalism he never once apologised for his mistake or was pulled on it by his mates .. one or two of the so called experts are poor for rugby league Barry McDermott is good he doesn’t take himself too seriously and is accurate in what he says Jon wells is unbiased in my opinion.. clarke is niether ere nor there ..Hemings is gone and has been for five or six years now as for carney he must be the only person who is not sick of his own voice.. BBC are not much better having jamie punch drunk penus  sorry peacock as a analyst saying our match should have been abandoned come on he of course was a saint .wilkin .sinfield ok but how many jobs does Brian noble have and has for his mate jiffy .. well that nickname just about sums him up !!

Archived