New Grounds.

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Teessidewire said:

Will Headingley be completely ready for the new season? It looks great. 

Southstand  will be ,the North Stand later in season I think 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

9 hours ago, yipyee said:

When will the away end be complete with a roof??

I’m sure I’ve seen plans for a roof over the western terrace. I don’t think it will hspppen anytime soon because of recent redevelopment and the houses behind the stand. 

2 hours ago, Mr Plow said:

I’m sure I’ve seen plans for a roof over the western terrace. I don’t think it will hspppen anytime soon because of recent redevelopment and the houses behind the stand. 

It won't happen and people asking are mostly just trolling.

6 hours ago, M j M said:

It won't happen and people asking are mostly just trolling.

It's the elephant in the room though...the camera points at it and I'm sat there waiting to see change...

If any other club developed their ground but left the away end open to the elements Leeds fans would be saying the same! 

It isn't acceptable from a cash rich club who pretend they are the best!

4 minutes ago, yipyee said:

It's the elephant in the room though...the camera points at it and I'm sat there waiting to see change...

If any other club developed their ground but left the away end open to the elements Leeds fans would be saying the same! 

There is literally nothing that they can do about it.

7 minutes ago, yipyee said:

They could have sold up to the cricket and built elsewhere...

They could put a roof on

Building elsewhere was not cost effective.

They can't put a roof on. If they could, they already would have. 

I don't know why this is so difficult for people to comprehend.

15 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Put it this way, away fans get to look at a shiny new stadium while home fans have to look at the western terrace. 

I know people troll about it but if your being serious what can the club do? There’s a public right of way which rule out expanding or building a new stand and there’s houses behind it which makes it harder getting planning for a roof. 

And yes Leeds are a rich club but they don’t have a bottomless pit of money they’re not Man City who can just throw money at a problem and make it go away

Facts:

Leeds by the end of this will have spent about twice as much on their stadium than any other club in the league. Staying at Headingley was the expensive option not the cheap one.

But no-one at Leeds wanted to leave the place, it's almost unthinkable.

The western terrace is at present impossible to significantly alter.

Fans who choose to stand there almost always have alternative options.

So either you accept the renewal and survival of the most famous and most historic ground in the sport with its limitations. Or you favour a flat pack in the middle of nowhere. There isn't a third way. Caddick bought the club in part to save the stadium. He has done that and hardly anyone at Leeds thinks a move was a better option.

3 hours ago, yipyee said:

but they're not cash rich £40,000000 this is costing and what anyone does with their own property without outside help has nothing to do with anyone else . 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Archived