New Grounds.

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/29/2018 at 5:27 PM, fieldofclothofgold said:

looks terrific ,WOW we are going to be even more unpopular !

It looks pap, it's just another two tier box stand, there's nothing to rave about it aesthetically, it'll no doubt eventually pay for itself however.

4 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

It looks pap, it's just another two tier box stand, there's nothing to rave about it aesthetically, it'll no doubt eventually pay for itself however.

Can you tell me about an all purpose RL ground that is to rave about ? Its still retained its character ,its not a souless screwfix cheap box or bowl 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

You build three new stands, people complain they are "box stands" and the ground has lost its character.

You retain boutique features like the Heritage Terrace with intact landmarks like the house in the corner and the place where Kallum Watkins took a mid game sh!t and they complain you've not modernised it.

Can't win.

2 hours ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

Can you tell me about an all purpose RL ground that is to rave about ? Its still retained its character ,its not a souless screwfix cheap box or bowl 

KCOM, it's not perfect but is good looking, functional and offers great weather protection for fans and excellent views for all but a handful if seats.

Great to see progress at York. Amazing how far they've come since their financial problems of around 2014/2015.

Leeds is also looking good too. It looks significantly larger than the old layout of Headingley, yet if I recall correctly the capacity is decreasing? Leeds have consistently had the best crowds in Super League and now with more suitable facilities, hopefully they can grow further and start selling out regularly.

Although I have to say, the West Stand looks incredibly out of place now in the stadium and is the only thing holding Leeds back from probably having the best stadium in the country. 

1 hour ago, Chris22 said:

Great to see progress at York. Amazing how far they've come since their financial problems of around 2014/2015.

To the former owners credit, there were no financial problems. He just fell out with everyone. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

3 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

It’d be great if York can get into Super League one day, their new stadium is looking good.

It would. York have great potential if they can keep growing and is a famous, historic, university city. In many ways it is unique in RL terms in being a traditional club that is in a decent sized city and isn't hemmed in by other towns or cities which compete for RL fans. It would actually expand the footprint of Super League compared to many of the existing West Yorkshire teams.

14 hours ago, Damien said:

It would. York have great potential if they can keep growing and is a famous, historic, university city. In many ways it is unique in RL terms in being a traditional club that is in a decent sized city and isn't hemmed in by other towns or cities which compete for RL fans. It would actually expand the footprint of Super League compared to many of the existing West Yorkshire teams.

York could be the game’s ‘prestige’ club. I mean, Union have beautiful cities like Bath, Exeter, Gloucester, Worcester and Cornwall. Rugby League has Warrington and Castleford.....(I mean it with the greatest of respect).

If York make Super League, the game would have a club in attractive tourist city that people would be excited to spend a weekend in, not just for the game.

29 minutes ago, goldcoaster said:

York could be the game’s ‘prestige’ club. I mean, Union have beautiful cities like Bath, Exeter, Gloucester, Worcester and Cornwall. Rugby League has Warrington and Castleford.....(I mean it with the greatest of respect).

If York make Super League, the game would have a club in attractive tourist city that people would be excited to spend a weekend in, not just for the game.

I didn’t realise Cornwall was a city? 

Other than Bath, I wouldn’t call any of the others beautiful 

On November 17, 2018 at 10:27 AM, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

KCOM, it's not perfect but is good looking, functional and offers great weather protection for fans and excellent views for all but a handful if seats.

With respect I did say purpose built Rugby League Stadium ,built and being paid for by the Rugby League club 

FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

On November 17, 2018 at 11:36 AM, Chris22 said:

Leeds is also looking good too. It looks significantly larger than the old layout of Headingley, yet if I recall correctly the capacity is decreasing? Leeds have consistently had the best crowds in Super League and now with more suitable facilities, hopefully they can grow further and start selling out regularly.

Although I have to say, the West Stand looks incredibly out of place now in the stadium and is the only thing holding Leeds back from probably having the best stadium in the country. 

There are rumours that talks about the WT are ongoing ,but that's all it is ru ours 

JAMIE PEACOCK

2 hours ago, clogdance said:

Can they beat the mighty Leigh Centurions though ? ?

The Leigh Sports Village and York Community Stadium will be a similar standard stadium, however i’d say York is an area that has more potential. For a start in terms of numbers, York has a 200,000 population compared to Leigh’s 50,000, on top of this York is a far more affluent area, the local people have got plenty of money to spend. 

2019 is almost certainly going to be Toronto Wolfpack’s year for promotion. Bradford are building a strong squad, I expect their big promotion push will come in 2020. York could build up nicely and go for it in 2021. However this would take considerable investment, this is why I enquired about the owners ambitions.

I can’t see Leigh ever making Super League again, the current owner has made a big mess financially and there is little interest from anyone in taking them over. Hopefully they can become a good mid table Championship side again in time.

Archived