New Grounds.

27 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

With regard to the provision of a new stadium can you tell me where Carter has been a success?

There was a lot of progress made by the trust before Walker left, i.e. 15,000 signatures and the forcing of a Public Inquiry. What progress has been made since he left?

Two things that can not be attributed to Walker, the petition was the hard work of SWAG and the Wakefield populous who responded, the PI was a result of the development being in Greenbelt. 

Two things that can be attributed to Walker, keeping quiet when he knew Yorkcourt had submitted an application for a large development that wouldn't contribute to the trigger, and advising the club to not bid on BV when it was for sale last.

He's done far more damage than good here, and very wealthy men can always be swayed by the idea of more cash.

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two other things that can be attributed to Walker, setting up a rival trust to push out the original one and worm his way in so that the council and developer would only deal with this faux trust, throwing a spanner in the works, and also throwing hairbrained scheme that are completely unviable into the mix to muddy the waters and cause more delay. 

1 hour ago, OMEGA said:

There was a lot of progress made by the trust before Walker left, i.e. 15,000 signatures and the forcing of a Public Inquiry. What progress has been made since he left?

See the post of preposterous above. May I suggest you speak to some of the present trust members. They are approachable honest guys. If you take the trouble it may change your whole perception. You may be a well meaning person but those two facts you have stated show your grasp of the true facts is limited.

I have no axe to grind with you and don,t take my post the wrong way. Please don,t take any offence but I am only trying to be helpful .

Will this now mean that Wakefield will have nobody else to blame for any failures to develop Belle Vue?

That would be embarassing, wouldn't it?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

11 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Will this now mean that Wakefield will have nobody else to blame for any failures to develop Belle Vue?

That would be embarassing, wouldn't it?

It means the ground will be theirs again and they can start to make plans to secure funding for the redevelopment of it rather than being a tenneant at the behold of the landlord. It's a tough world out their so whether they are successful in finding those funding streams remains to be seen, but they are the masters of their future.  

Anyway let's not get ahead of ourselves fellas, it's been agreed in principle, we know how many twists & turns have gone before. 

Its only a couple of years ago that WMDC announced a £12 million redevelopment of Belle Vue. I can't imagine there's gonna be owt like that figure involved if anything does come to fruition!

I say again, in answer to the above posts, other than ‘he said she said’ where’s the proof of any wrong doing by Walker?

How do you know that he was acting against the interests of the club he has supported, helped and rescued for decades.

Im not doubting the Trust members but do they even KNOW what Walker was trying to achieve. It’s alright saying he wasn’t being open with them but do they know that his methods weren’t honourable or that his actions wouldn’t ultimately  have been fruitful. He’s the one with the experience in theses matters, he’s the one who understands the politics that drive things like this.

Like I said, I’m not pro or anti anyone, least of all the trust members, but I’m not going to slavishly believe hearsay without proof.

10 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

I say again, in answer to the above posts, other than ‘he said she said’ where’s the proof of any wrong doing by Walker?

How do you know that he was acting against the interests of the club he has supported, helped and rescued for decades.

Im not doubting the Trust members but do they even KNOW what Walker was trying to achieve. It’s alright saying he wasn’t being open with them but do they know that his methods weren’t honourable or that his actions wouldn’t ultimately  have been fruitful. He’s the one with the experience in theses matters, he’s the one who understands the politics that drive things like this.

Like I said, I’m not pro or anti anyone, least of all the trust members, but I’m not going to slavishly believe hearsay without proof.

Haha doesn't sound like you are pro or anti anyone! Someone has already suggested you approach the Trust members ( who you purport to respect) for the lowdown on what's been going on. Like I said previously, Walker has never gone on record to refute these allegations or explain his actions.

26 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

He’s the one with the experience in theses matters, he’s the one who understands the politics that drive things like this.

Indeed he does, you don't get so wealthy without getting on the gravy train and reaping it's benefits.

Look as a man who isn't backward about coming forward telling all and sundry how he built Wembley Stadium and the King Power Stadium, he's been very reserved when it comes to setting the record straight of what he is thought to have done. 

The people where this has come from trusted Walker and feel massively let down by him. They have no reason to lie or paint him as a scapegoat. Like it or not he has hindered the prospect of Trinity getting a new stadium and in the process facilitated a developer to shaft not only the club he purports to support but also the Wakefield public, who will not be getting the proposed facilities, not just the stadium, that should have come from the enabling works. Freeman of Wakefield, don't make me laugh.

meanwhile in Cas....

https://www.pontefractandcastlefordexpress.co.uk/news/political-turmoil-blamed-for-delay-to-new-castleford-tigers-stadium-1-9651849

"I'll believe it when i see it"

"flying pigs"

"kick them out"

"embarrasing"

"they've constantly lied to get a place in super league"

"how can they get away with it"

"it will never happen"

Just thought I'd save a few of you some time by auto populating your replies

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

21 minutes ago, Damien said:

Isn't this a better result for Wakefield? A loan from the council to buy back Belle Vue. For me owning your own stadium is better than renting and if they can get funding for a couple of new stands they could turn Belle Vue into a tidy little ground

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/wakefield-given-green-light-to-make-redevelopments-at-belle-vue/

21 minutes ago, Damien said:

Isn't this a better result for Wakefield? A loan from the council to buy back Belle Vue. For me owning your own stadium is better than renting and if they can get funding for a couple of new stands they could turn Belle Vue into a tidy little ground

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/wakefield-given-green-light-to-make-redevelopments-at-belle-vue/

Absolutely, it's just the funding for the redevelopment which needs to happen which is interesting everyone.

1 hour ago, Damien said:

It's a great result if it all comes off. We've been promised solutions before. Fingers crossed this time. As has already been mentioned, lets see where the cash for the renovations will come from.

22 hours ago, Damien said:

Is this "loan" repayable?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Headingley! Walking through the Ginnel last two games I've locked at the back of the western terrace . The club has big payments on the two stands and probably couldn't afford a major rebuild of the WT even if they got planning permission, but I wonder if the club have looked into just roofing it over ? Roof too high would block out light for houses .Roof too low would be a safety hazard for kids climbing on . I wonder if they've looked into an acceptable level 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

12 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

Headingley! Walking through the Ginnel last two games I've locked at the back of the western terrace . The club has big payments on the two stands and probably couldn't afford a major rebuild of the WT even if they got planning permission, but I wonder if the club have looked into just roofing it over ? Roof too high would block out light for houses .Roof too low would be a safety hazard for kids climbing on . I wonder if they've looked into an acceptable level 

No. It has never been looked at. Ever. ?

52 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

I think they have planning permission for a roof but I think they’re in talks with the houses over concerns of lack of light, plus they can watch the game from their windows.

The problem is certainly to do with the Right To Light but I'm not sure how Yorks CCC overcame the similar problem with regards to the new Pavillion they built.In a legal sense they had a similar problem with various houses,so I can only assume they came to a mutually satisfactory financial settlement.

3 hours ago, cookey said:

The problem is certainly to do with the Right To Light but I'm not sure how Yorks CCC overcame the similar problem with regards to the new Pavillion they built.In a legal sense they had a similar problem with various houses,so I can only assume they came to a mutually satisfactory financial settlement.

LCC! They didnt want to lose test cricket they over road any objections 

FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

On 3/17/2019 at 5:50 PM, fieldofclothofgold said:

Planning approved concept for the western terrace -

image.thumb.jpeg.68a59601f28fa3744d0326ade24befcc.jpeg

Will never be built in this form as it will further reduce capacity, but this was as large as the council were willing to go with.

1 hour ago, M j M said:

Planning approved concept for the western terrace -

image.thumb.jpeg.68a59601f28fa3744d0326ade24befcc.jpeg

Will never be built in this form as it will further reduce capacity, but this was as large as the council were willing to go with.

oh dear

JAMIE PEACOCK

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 12:47 PM, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Who knows? I've heard that the trust/club pay back then loan as they would rent until it's paid off. I think there is still hope the developer of Newmarket will eventually  front up. 

Im with you on a lot of what you've said mate, but 'hope' aint much of a plan.

Its all certainly a start in the right direction.  All the hard work starts again but I wish you all luck.  

24 minutes ago, Balmain1969 said:

Not in England but RL related, pics of the new Parramatta Stadium to be opened Easter Monday with Eels v Tigers

image.png

D16o9IfVAAAMc2i.thumb.jpg.812e7dda7083f6bbb152c8c5f6f370c4.jpg

CCB26553-1761-4382-BEB7-B73E111BD54E.jpeg

I do like these seat 'patterns' that they have in OZ, wonder why we don't do similar here?

Archived