New Grounds.

I always think it is a million times less distracting than a massive block of red / blue seats.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Stadium would look emptier if there was big patches of solid red say as opposed to the lego pieces. 

Good point.   I can see how much better it would look on TV.  Shame York can't find a decent investor to take them to Super League as it would be a great weekend away and it's a nice city with plenty of things to do.   Can't Marwan get involved?

20 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Good point.   I can see how much better it would look on TV.  Shame York can't find a decent investor to take them to Super League as it would be a great weekend away and it's a nice city with plenty of things to do.   Can't Marwan get involved?

They've only just got promoted and are doing very well in a highly competitive league. 

They could be there or thereabouts in the next 2 - 3 years. 

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

As far as I know it is essentially to break up blocks of colour when seats aren't occupied. Stadium would look emptier if there was big patches of solid red say as opposed to the lego pieces. 

Correct. The Bank West stadium in Aus uses a grey version and basically looks full even when a third empty, clever stuff.

1 hour ago, Cheshire Setter said:

You don't have to wait for us to play Warrington, come visit York and see how we're getting on. The Knights are normally a decent watch as well.

16 hours ago, M j M said:

Looks to me like Leeds are struggling to shift tickets for the north stand opening game against Cas a week today. Plenty of availability all around the ground including the new stand which would be a bit embarrassing. Today they've taken large chunks of the, unsold as of yesterday, wing bits of that stand off sale which may mean they've decided to give them away to schools or something to save the red faces. 

Still plenty left in the other blocks though if you fancy sitting in Rugby League's most expensive stand (measured as cost to build per seat) on opening night and to witness the start of the hugely successful Agar Era ? .

I do think the club are getting a bit worried, perhaps Furner leaving was to inspire an upturn in form to get seats sold! Realistically you would have hoped all of our games with reduced capacity were near sellouts but that's not been the case.

3 hours ago, Chris Taylor said:

They've only just got promoted and are doing very well in a highly competitive league. 

They could be there or thereabouts in the next 2 - 3 years. 

We have one of the smallest budgets in the Champ , I hoped we would be around 8th or 10th at season end as this would be

a deep learning curve. I have to keep pinching myself that we have been so competitive.....so far. Unless we do find a Marwan 

I doubt we will make Super Lge , suits me as the step up to Champ is bloody good with some cracking games.

2 minutes ago, Stirlin said:

We have one of the smallest budgets in the Champ , I hoped we would be around 8th or 10th at season end as this would be

a deep learning curve. I have to keep pinching myself that we have been so competitive.....so far. Unless we do find a Marwan 

I doubt we will make Super Lge , suits me as the step up to Champ is bloody good with some cracking games.

The last thing any team in Rugby League need is a man with an ego that big. 

On 08/05/2019 at 16:58, Gav Wilson said:

York May 19. Grass seeds have been sowed, next is the stitching of the carpet in a few weeks time...

Stadium May '19.jpeg

Stadium May 19.jpeg

So I see red, yellow, white and blue. Knights are yellow and black and City are red 

1 hour ago, Mr Plow said:

So I see red, yellow, white and blue. Knights are yellow and black and City are red 

Knights fans sit on the red and City fans the yellow. That way the ground looks full when either team plays

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

22 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

I do think the club are getting a bit worried, perhaps Furner leaving was to inspire an upturn in form to get seats sold! Realistically you would have hoped all of our games with reduced capacity were near sellouts but that's not been the case.

I did forsee when we developed both sides at the same time and didnt move to Elland Road for the season we were going get people getting out of the habit of going to games. It seems we have lost about 3k fans or so. We can't even sellout the South stand. 

Just now, Mattrhino said:

I did forsee when we developed both sides at the same time and didnt move to Elland Road for the season we were going get people getting out of the habit of going to games. It seems we have lost about 3k fans or so. We can't even sellout the South stand. 

Agreed, even if we used free tickets etc to bump the crowds up to 22k a week at Elland road for a year it still keeps people in the habit of coming. The on field quality hasn't helped either.

It has to be remembered though that originally the South stand was meant to be done a year ahead of the north. 

On 09/05/2019 at 19:19, M j M said:

Looks to me like Leeds are struggling to shift tickets for the north stand opening game against Cas a week today. Plenty of availability all around the ground including the new stand which would be a bit embarrassing. Today they've taken large chunks of the, unsold as of yesterday, wing bits of that stand off sale which may mean they've decided to give them away to schools or something to save the red faces. 

Still plenty left in the other blocks though if you fancy sitting in Rugby League's most expensive stand (measured as cost to build per seat) on opening night and to witness the start of the hugely successful Agar Era ? .

Not that surprising when it’s a Thursday game, Leeds are now the most expensive in Super League and we are playing terrible.

Launching a half season ticket would be a good move now the stadium is fully open, if this doesn’t happen at the Cas game they will be really missing a trick. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Teessidewire said:

Looks like a cracking stadium, a huge improvement on what was there before. Are there plans to bus people in from the city?

The plan seems to be to get people to use the park and ride. 

https://www.yorkmix.com/news/fans-may-have-to-pay-10-to-park-at-york-stadium-on-match-days/

14 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

We have grass!! ? 

York Stadium May 20th.jpeg

The more I see that mixed coloured seating the more I like it.   Definitely gives the impression of a full crowd.   Strange that the middle of the main stand is solid blue though...   there’s obviously a reason for it.

Do we know if every stand will be open for Knights games and if there will be a dedicated "away" stand? Presumably for the football the smaller of the stands behind the goal will be the away end and the larger will be the home kop.

Archived