New Grounds.

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, wasginger said:

Cookey it doesn't look as though there's anything going off at the site, just tattered old Axiom flags and that's about it.

Thanks,shame,generally it's been a good season for news and positive developments at Castleford would help further.Unfortunately,I suspect it's out of their hands - never a good position to get in to.

• 2 months later...

I can’t disclose my sources but there’s going to be big news regarding the Wakefield stadium in the next month or so.  

Personally i’ll still be sceptical until a brick is laid but apparently this is going to be the closest Wakefield have got to development yet.

18 minutes ago, fevtom said:

I can’t disclose my sources but there’s going to be big news regarding the Wakefield stadium in the next month or so.  

Personally i’ll still be sceptical until a brick is laid but apparently this is going to be the closest Wakefield have got to development yet.

A new 3D design?

20 minutes ago, fevtom said:

I know exploratory boreholes have been undertaken behind the East stand over the past month but heard very little else. We've been hearing big news just around the corner for months (if not years) so can't expect anything else but cynicism over this. Coming from a Fev fan though, it might just mean there is something afresh.

1 hour ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

I know exploratory boreholes have been undertaken behind the East stand over the past month but heard very little else. We've been hearing big news just around the corner for months (if not years) so can't expect anything else but cynicism over this. Coming from a Fev fan though, it might just mean there is something afresh.

Maybe they are trying to strike oil.

4 hours ago, fevtom said:

I really hope you’re right Fevtom,  not heard anything since we got the ground back.  As someone said on here they were doing test drilling behind the East Stand last week.

Up the Trin 

Hopefully some positive news but please,no more false,broken promises. We all want to hear some positive news but I would rather have no news than false promises. To be fair,the present chap at Wakefield seems a good,sound businessman who hopefully has learnt from others past mistakes.

I was actually down in Wakefield a couple of weeks ago and it reminded me of Warrington. I do think good,modern facilities,with a competitive team could generate regular crowds of around 8/9,000 and gain the support of the business community with decent corporate facilities. If so,it would put Castleford under considerable pressure.

12 hours ago, cookey said:

Hopefully some positive news but please,no more false,broken promises. We all want to hear some positive news but I would rather have no news than false promises. To be fair,the present chap at Wakefield seems a good,sound businessman who hopefully has learnt from others past mistakes.

I was actually down in Wakefield a couple of weeks ago and it reminded me of Warrington. I do think good,modern facilities,with a competitive team could generate regular crowds of around 8/9,000 and gain the support of the business community with decent corporate facilities. If so,it would put Castleford under considerable pressure.

Not sure I'd describe someone who has bought something for almost twice its actual value (and a few years after he could have got it for a 1/3rd or so of the price) as a sound businessman.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 12:41, fevtom said:

This it ? ? https://wakefieldtrinity.com/wakefield-trinity-launches-two-weeks-of-community-consultation-about-proposed-plans-for-a-new-community-stand-at-belle-vue/

I wish Wakefield well but please learn from the past. Dont make promises you can't keep dont say you are going to do something that is out of your control. Dont say you are going to do something if it is conditional on something else i.e. planning,pre lets etc. Dont say you are going to do something if it is conditional upon funding and the funding is not in place. Dont say it will happen within a specific time frame,if that frame is outside of your control.

p.s. make sure that whatever you do do,is revenue generating outside of match days.

There's probably a story behind that choice but not sure what.

They used to have the old boardroom chairs from Chapeltown Road up in the top suite of the pavilion, the ones with the 13/XIII logo embossed onto them. Hope they've not been skipped.

8 hours ago, M j M said:

There's probably a story behind that choice but not sure what.

They used to have the old boardroom chairs from Chapeltown Road up in the top suite of the pavilion, the ones with the 13/XIII logo embossed onto them. Hope they've not been skipped.

I'd love to have one of them if they still exist!

Archived