New Grounds.

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, fieldofclothofgold said:
On 09/08/2019 at 20:03, meast said:

I'd love to have one of them if they still exist!

Yes would think they are collectors items 

Here's a phone pic of one which I grabbed back in 2013. Will see if I can find out what happened to them.

image.thumb.png.d714dea3238a84a88eab025218d49756.png

6 hours ago, cookey said:

I assume there is no news from Castleford? Frankly,I have a little more faith in Wakefield actually developing one or two stands,than Castleford securing a new ground.

The Wakey Cas stadium Derby has gone quiet 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

It’s about ten years since “Framing the Future” when new standards were set for facilities at RL grounds and I think the time will come when Superleague will need to put pressure on Castleford,Wakefield,and London (If still applicable). what if the unthinkable happens and next year Castleford or Wakefield are refused a safety certificate that required big expenditure with the season fast approaching and nowhere to play.Hypothetical I know but frankly it wouldn’t surprise me.Local authorities are getting very cautious about Health and Safety matters.So do they wait until it happens,keep throwing good money after bad or  get something moving.What exactly have people got against shared stadiums? The economics of being in use about fifteen times a year then standing idle six months still costing money just don’t add up and never will do.The Cas and Wakey fans need to start facing the facts ,it’s easy to be cavalier with someone else’s money.perhaps the local authority would look more favourably on a joint scheme.I don’t think they are going to support two new stadiums.

26 minutes ago, Jao 711 said:

It’s about ten years since “Framing the Future” when new standards were set for facilities at RL grounds and I think the time will come when Superleague will need to put pressure on Castleford,Wakefield,and London (If still applicable). what if the unthinkable happens and next year Castleford or Wakefield are refused a safety certificate that required big expenditure with the season fast approaching and nowhere to play.Hypothetical I know but frankly it wouldn’t surprise me.Local authorities are getting very cautious about Health and Safety matters.So do they wait until it happens,keep throwing good money after bad or  get something moving.What exactly have people got against shared stadiums? The economics of being in use about fifteen times a year then standing idle six months still costing money just don’t add up and never will do.The Cas and Wakey fans need to start facing the facts ,it’s easy to be cavalier with someone else’s money.perhaps the local authority would look more favourably on a joint scheme.I don’t think they are going to support two new stadiums.

Almost 25 years to be exact - the document was published on 30th August 1994!

39 minutes ago, Jao 711 said:

Though this topic has been done to death I'll try again for you. Cas and Wakey won't share a stadium for the same reason Workington and Whitehaven won't: they aren't in the same Conurbation. Yes they are close, yes they are in the same MDC but they aren't the same place. A shared stadium for either would either have to be in Cas, in Wakey, or in neither! Regardless any of those options would be unpalatable to at least one club. 

Ultimately either both clubs will redevelop or move into new grounds or both will drop down the leagues either by being enforced by rules of the SL or by others with better facilities overtaking them. 

31 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Though this topic has been done to death I'll try again for you. Cas and Wakey won't share a stadium for the same reason Workington and Whitehaven won't: they aren't in the same Conurbation. Yes they are close, yes they are in the same MDC but they aren't the same place. A shared stadium for either would either have to be in Cas, in Wakey, or in neither! Regardless any of those options would be unpalatable to at least one club. 

Ultimately either both clubs will redevelop or move into new grounds or both will drop down the leagues either by being enforced by rules of the SL or by others with better facilities overtaking them. 

The perfect place for a shared stadium for Wakefield and Cas would have been the Newmarket site which is now the big freezer you can see from the M62. 

Its slap bang in the middle and has Good motorway connections. Seems like a big missed oppertunity for both clubs imo

A06A5893-D2DC-451D-AED2-2DFAD84EFD8A.png

Just now, Mr Plow said:

The perfect place for a shared stadium for Wakefield and Cas would have been the Newmarket site which is now the big freezer you can see from the M62. 

Its slap bang in the middle and has Good motorway connections. Seems like a big missed oppertunity for both clubs imo

A06A5893-D2DC-451D-AED2-2DFAD84EFD8A.png

I live not far from there and there's a reason Newcold is stuck out there, there is literally nothing there. You'd immediately lose any walk-up support from the two town centres and the public transport is none existent. Even when Wakefield were supposed to have a new stadium there I always got the sense that wasn't their preferred option and they were just taking what they could get.

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

I live not far from there and there's a reason Newcold is stuck out there, there is literally nothing there. You'd immediately lose any walk-up support from the two town centres and the public transport is none existent. Even when Wakefield were supposed to have a new stadium there I always got the sense that wasn't their preferred option and they were just taking what they could get.

The only reason Newcold is there is due to the Wakefield Community Stadium complex.

1 minute ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

The only reason Newcold is there is due to the Wakefield Community Stadium complex.

I know, but I don't think that means Wakefield ever really wanted to move their in their heart of hearts and as has transpired we Wakefield residents and the club have been totally shafted.

4 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Yes I know why they don’t want to share a stadium,that’s why I said it’s time to face the facts.

It's a quirky English thing about sharing stadiums isn't it, in other parts of the world teams who's rivalry induces deaths at derbies happily share grounds yet a couple of small towns in England would rather see their clubs going into extinction than share a ground.????

1 hour ago, Jao 711 said:

Yes I know why they don’t want to share a stadium,that’s why I said it’s time to face the facts.

I'm sure if you mentioned any 'facts' to any Wakefield or Cas fans they'd agree with you. Simple problem is there is no location that a shared stadium could be that would appease both or would just be a white elephant. 

It would be like saying to Wigan and Saints that they should share a stadium. Like Wakey and Cas they're only 9 miles apart but also like Wakey and Cas what is between them is a mixture of villages and fields. Thus any single new stadium would only make sense in the vicinity of one of the two urban areas. Then we end up with the same problem that Wakefield fans won't travel for 'home games' in Cas and Cas fans likewise in Wakefield and one club either withers and dies or moves back to its actual home and makes do there. 

Bitterness of the fans is actually one of the lesser problems. The fact that being based out of their home towns would starve either 1 or both (if they went with the meet in the middle approach) of these teams out of existence due to separation from their communities is the main thing. That's the fact right now. 

11 hours ago, Clogiron said:

It's a quirky English thing about sharing stadiums isn't it, in other parts of the world teams who's rivalry induces deaths at derbies happily share grounds yet a couple of small towns in England would rather see their clubs going into extinction than share a ground.????

Yes, but don't forget that a lot of stadia on the continent are owned by the local council and clubs just rent the facilities. 

13 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

I'm sure if you mentioned any 'facts' to any Wakefield or Cas fans they'd agree with you. Simple problem is there is no location that a shared stadium could be that would appease both or would just be a white elephant. 

It would be like saying to Wigan and Saints that they should share a stadium. Like Wakey and Cas they're only 9 miles apart but also like Wakey and Cas what is between them is a mixture of villages and fields. Thus any single new stadium would only make sense in the vicinity of one of the two urban areas. Then we end up with the same problem that Wakefield fans won't travel for 'home games' in Cas and Cas fans likewise in Wakefield and one club either withers and dies or moves back to its actual home and makes do there. 

Bitterness of the fans is actually one of the lesser problems. The fact that being based out of their home towns would starve either 1 or both (if they went with the meet in the middle approach) of these teams out of existence due to separation from their communities is the main thing. That's the fact right now. 

13 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Well you are a cheerful soul talk about “Glass half empty”I think you’ve drunk up.You certainly don’t seem willing to travel five miles to watch a game .If everything happens as you predict then it really will be the beginning of the end for the two clubs and the lower leagues are beckoning.However I think the support is stronger than that but they must remember that the supporters are part of the club and as such must give and take.

18 minutes ago, Jao 711 said:

Well you are a cheerful soul talk about “Glass half empty”I think you’ve drunk up.You certainly don’t seem willing to travel five miles to watch a game .If everything happens as you predict then it really will be the beginning of the end for the two clubs and the lower leagues are beckoning.However I think the support is stronger than that but they must remember that the supporters are part of the club and as such must give and take.

That's not glass half empty at all. I'm a Leeds fan who lives in Wakefield and grew up playing rugby in Cas. FWIW I travel 11 miles to watch my team play - but that is my choice. 

I don't know where you're from but I cannot emphasise to you enough how a shared stadium for Wakefield and Cas currently isn't viable. Both clubs aren't happy with their current set ups, Michael Carter has on a number of occasions called Belle Vue "depressing", and both clubs have and are still seeking their OWN new facilities.

You say "travel 5 miles". Locations 5 miles between the two club ranges from farmers fields to small towns like Normanton. Why on earth would either (or the council) invest in a multi million pound facility there.

On 15/08/2019 at 14:01, Tommygilf said:

That's not glass half empty at all. I'm a Leeds fan who lives in Wakefield and grew up playing rugby in Cas. FWIW I travel 11 miles to watch my team play - but that is my choice. 

I don't know where you're from but I cannot emphasise to you enough how a shared stadium for Wakefield and Cas currently isn't viable. Both clubs aren't happy with their current set ups, Michael Carter has on a number of occasions called Belle Vue "depressing", and both clubs have and are still seeking their OWN new facilities.

You say "travel 5 miles". Locations 5 miles between the two club ranges from farmers fields to small towns like Normanton. Why on earth would either (or the council) invest in a multi million pound facility there.

On 15/08/2019 at 14:01, Tommygilf said:

Travelling 5miles is exactly what Cas are planning to do,if it ever comes to fruition.

Wakefield and Cas could always move to the Tetleys Stadium, Dewsbury - the new home of West Yorkshire RL!

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

9 hours ago, RugbyLeagueMan said:

So, will you have to change your username soon?

Damn ... I’d not thought of that. Tetley's Outlaw? Might just do it ... ?

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Archived