New Grounds.

On 15/08/2019 at 09:17, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Yes, but don't forget that a lot of stadia on the continent are owned by the local council and clubs just rent the facilities. 

Yes, this approach has worked well for Bradford and Coventry City, we should aspire to this model ??

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

Damn ... I’d not thought of that. Tetley's Outlaw? Might just do it ... ?

Tetleys is a bit too Leedsy for a Bradfordian although the brewery is no more  just like Odsal you might say 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

https://twitter.com/YorkKnightsRLFC/status/1298582360263458821?s=20

Loads more pictures of the finished article on the Knights' Facebook page too.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

I think of all the lost rugby league grounds Watersheddings is the saddest, partly because it was such a unique albeit decrepit place but largely because what had been a pretty consistently strong club was decimated after they lost their home. 

3 minutes ago, M j M said:

I think of all the lost rugby league grounds Watersheddings is the saddest, partly because it was such a unique albeit decrepit place but largely because what had been a pretty consistently strong club was decimated after they lost their home. 

I offer Parkside as an alternative for the saddest.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

7 minutes ago, M j M said:

2 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Station Road 

Just now, Blind side johnny said:

I don't acknowledge anything good having been in or come from 'Unslet other than some nice locomotives and James Lowes on a cheap transfer in 1992.

1 hour ago, M j M said:

Add to that Bramley, Hunslet and Swinton who all fell on hard times afterwards. Some Clubs such as Leigh, Hull, Huddersfield, Wigan, Saints and Wigan have good modern Stadiums, but have great memories of their old homes, and some of these grounds lack the atmosphere of the old ones.

Resurrect an old topic with proper good news about a brand new stadium and people comment about how much they miss the lethal old dumps like McClaren Field. Great. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Thanks for the York update, Simon.  It looks really good. 

Two of my wife's and my best friends have just moved from Northallerton to York, where their daughters and families already live and work, so I have another good reason to go to the city, where, coincidentally, my own daughter was born.

And I have another friend who is an RL fan down the A19, just north of Donny.

I shall peruse the 2021 home fixture list for YCK with great interest!

2 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Nowt more rugby league than that 😂

Good luck to York with their new ground, it looks really good. Regarding your comment, yes some of the grounds had had their day, but they still hold some fond memories for older posters. Likewise for Clarence Street, York's old ground. I had many visits to it as a Featherstone fan, it was always a ground where we had to fight hard to get anything. I  know a lot of ex York players who loved playing there.

On 26/08/2020 at 17:37, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Thanks for the York update, Simon.  It looks really good. 

Two of my wife's and my best friends have just moved from Northallerton to York, where their daughters and families already live and work, so I have another good reason to go to the city, where, coincidentally, my own daughter was born.

And I have another friend who is an RL fan down the A19, just north of Donny.

I shall peruse the 2021 home fixture list for YCK with great interest!

2 of your wife's ??? how many have you got 😂

Archived