New Grounds.

23 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

Looking at those pictures is the North Stand still going to be classed as the 'best' stand? For the lack of elevation and exposure to the elements due to the roofline I'd be unhappy if you were charged a premium price to sit there, ok the facilities ajoining it may be plusher but the South Stand seating looks a better option, apart from the bl**dy band in front of you, that could be why you have to pay more to sit away from them!

The front rows of the old   North stand always got wet but if I had the choice I’d rather sit in the South Stand

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Clogiron said:

Looking at those pictures is the North Stand still going to be classed as the 'best' stand? For the lack of elevation and exposure to the elements due to the roofline I'd be unhappy if you were charged a premium price to sit there, ok the facilities ajoining it may be plusher but the South Stand seating looks a better option, apart from the bl**dy band in front of you, that could be why you have to pay more to sit away from them!

We will just have to wait for the reactions of people about their impressions of  their experiences.I too Will I think prefer the Southstand and to see how interesting the Club make the interior 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

18 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Just watched the ITV news and I see dodgy Aussie builders have been at it again after a high rise block in Olympic Park was evacuated after cracking noises were heard coming from the building. Aussies are to building what Kim Jong Un is to democracy.

That's because most of the builders in Aus are from Yorkshire, so they add a daily travelling rate to their fees

May is the backstop date by when it has to be operational as that's the first major cricket event. Although the RL seating area plausibly could be unfinished the RL boxes are needed for that.

In terms of north vs south stand seating we discussed long and hard this point before sticking with the north stand.

North does look very exposed compared to its well protected predecessor (unless you were in the paddock). It is however home and there was a reason we moved from the south in the first place....! Also the seating needs to be accessed from the terrace itself for most sections which looks like it could be a bit of a bunfight if you arrive late based on the efficiency of Leeds stewarding in the past. OTOH the south looks much more sheltered and less likely to be freezing cold in the winter months. 

On 12/18/2018 at 10:36 AM, deluded pom? said:

One out of two isn't a good strike rate. Hull City don't own the KCom. They think they do but they don't. They are tenants just like Hull FC.

Hull City AFC own the Stadium Management Company which is why Hull FC even have to ask them for permission to put up a photo of Johnny Whiteley.

Hull City pull the strings at the KC make no mistake.

2 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

I havent read all 22 pages of this thread but a new 8000 capacity stadium is planned to open its turnstiles in Workington for the next World Cup. Ive been going to Derwent Park for nearly fifty years but it's out of date and costly so it has to happen.

I find it strange that the only team from Workington  that's won anything  in the last 30+ years, the Comets speedway team aren't included in the new plans, ok they rent Derwent Park but it seems the local authority is cutting off its nose to spite its face in excluding them.

Well I think there will be some interesting images and comments  about the new developments at Headingley and as its Wakefield who !eeds are playing we are safe in the k knowledge there will be no adverse comments from Wakey fans. They wouldn't dare . Would They ? 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

23 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

Well I think there will be some interesting images and comments  about the new developments at Headingley and as its Wakefield who !eeds are playing we are safe in the k knowledge there will be no adverse comments from Wakey fans. They wouldn't dare . Would They ? 

Why not? We are experts! We know a ground when we see one and will have no fear of telling you if yours is not up to scratch.

I'm sure it's lovely.

28 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

To be far we'll have the benefit of looking at the nice new shinny 21st century stands whilst also having the home comfort of standing on a victorian concrete terrace getting ###### wet through. What's not to like?

Seriously though it matter little what anyone else says or thinks, the new development looks great and is befitting the biggest club in the NH game.

29 minutes ago, cookey said:

Delighted to hear about Workington - are there any plans,drawings timescale? Sorry to say this but is it a 'promise' or will it actually happen?

Certainly hope it does.

Planning application to be submitted this winter according to this, also says that they are currently putting the funding package together so I suppose nothing is guaranteed until they have the money sorted. 

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

I read up a bit on the Workington plans, and it's clear that there is a very long way to go before it becomes reality. The aspiration is certainly there, and the plans look solid - but there are quite a few hurdles to overcome, not least of which is the money and ongoing sustainability

I hope it all happens, because it would be great to have a vibrant and progressive club that could be a force in the Cumbrai region.

3 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

I read up a bit on the Workington plans, and it's clear that there is a very long way to go before it becomes reality. The aspiration is certainly there, and the plans look solid - but there are quite a few hurdles to overcome, not least of which is the money and ongoing sustainability

I hope it all happens, because it would be great to have a vibrant and progressive club that could be a force in the Cumbrai region.

Money is the key and the Council who are hoping to build the Community Stadium  are pretty skint so it will all have to be done with huge loans and grants etc , a huge hurdle to climb , it is a much needed Stadium for the region but rented homes carry a big risk if the Stadium falters and has financial problems in repayments and upkeep etc , both tenants , the football team and the rugby team at present are hardly flush with spare cash or have much of an attendance , I'd say the town's speedway club should also be included  but the problem of having all 3 in one basket is if the basket becomes unsustainable then all 3 will become homeless .

38 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

Money is the key and the Council who are hoping to build the Community Stadium  are pretty skint so it will all have to be done with huge loans and grants etc , a huge hurdle to climb , it is a much needed Stadium for the region but rented homes carry a big risk if the Stadium falters and has financial problems in repayments and upkeep etc , both tenants , the football team and the rugby team at present are hardly flush with spare cash or have much of an attendance , I'd say the town's speedway club should also be included  but the problem of having all 3 in one basket is if the basket becomes unsustainable then all 3 will become homeless .

British speedway makes rugby league look like the greatest marketing triumph around, also the comets have no assets to offer the development, biggest hindrance to progress is the small minded minority in the area who hate to see any progress. Work to start October all being well,cant come quick enough for me

26 minutes ago, Route66 said:

British speedway makes rugby league look like the greatest marketing triumph around, also the comets have no assets to offer the development, biggest hindrance to progress is the small minded minority in the area who hate to see any progress. Work to start October all being well,cant come quick enough for me

I disagree , I'd say most people would like a modern community stadium and why shouldn't they ? and the minority who are only concerned would get on board as long as it is fully and thoroughly planned and financed and its long term feasibility has been properly scrutinised  .

Archived