New Grounds.

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 20/03/2019 at 14:42, goldcoaster said:

That is because Parra are not the only tenant. The football club Western Sydney Wanderers (which draw bigger crowds than Parra) are also tenants and their colours are red and black.

WSW have only drawn larger average crowds than parra in 2 of their 10 years in existence. 

PLEASE READ AND FORWARD This something that can’t be ignored for the future of our town and west Cumbria. There’s a chance that we could lose the new stadium and community facilities because of the council elections coming up. The Tories and independent councillors are banding together to stop it happening. They already think they’ve won the election and have been spouting off about it everywhere they can. But it’s they’re just playing politics  Sport is a massive part of west Cumbria and it helps put us on the map. If we lose the stadium, Reds will have nowhere to play cos they can’t get a safety certificate, and we’ll lose the Rugby League World Cup games the town put so much effort into to win. Imagine that, missing out on having some of the best in the world playing sport on your doorstep. It’ll be a venue for weddings, events, gigs, concerts and gives us the chance of improving the town and even more investment. It’ll be paid for by the lease of office space by big companies that we seen in the paper. If we lose it they’re taking part of our future, and our kids future away. Think how inspiring it’d be to have that as a place to play local cup finals in, for kids tournaments - we have some of the best rugby players in the country so let’s give them a platform to play ?? For me nowt else matters in the council elections in May, I’m voting Labour to get the stadium built. If we want to see something actually different in the town we can’t let some miserable folk who’d see the town in ruins stop us building a future. I hope you’ll help get the stadium sorted - VOTE LABOUR in May ?

This is doing the rounds on social media. The Tories will oppose anything the Labour council propose and it is mainly Mark Jenkinson an ex UKIP councillor who is an embarrassment to his party. Check his Facebook page out and you will get an idea of how ridiculous he is! Look for Mark Jenkinson Seaton he's an absolute clown

Spike- this is a RL forum marra. Keep the politics out of it. I dont think Jezza Corbyn or his side kick Diana Abbott give a dam about West Cumbria as it is reliant on the Nuclear Industry never mind the new stadium which is backed by Sellafield.

37 posts........, anyone would think you started posting just in time for the local elections.

On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 11:03, Gav Wilson said:

York Community Stadium April 19... ? 

Stadium 1 Apr 19.jpg

Stadium Apr 19.jpg

Stadium Apr19.jpeg

York Stadium 1 Apr19.jpeg

York Stadium 2 Apr19.jpeg

York Stadium Apr19.jpeg

Looks ready already for beach volleyball, the women's version of which I follow avidly...obviously on the grounds of an appreciation of all manifestations of sporting prowess!

Seriously, well done to all concerned, at the council and at the York City Knights.  The York RL story over recent seasons is a really heart-warming tale, particularly for grumpy old sods like me!

What capacity is York’s new ground and what is it costing?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

10 minutes ago, Keith T said:

What capacity is York’s new ground and what is it costing?

8,000 (all seater).

Hard to say how much the stadium is costing because - according to the gov.uk blurb - it's part of a complex to feature a sports hall, a swimming pool, a dance studio, a gym, a 14-screen IMAX cinema, a community hub (with offices for community sports clubs), offices and a shop for York Against Cancer, NHS outpatient services, shops and restaurants, and catering and hospitality areas. Whole lot = circa £44m.

On 12/04/2019 at 13:03, Gav Wilson said:

York Community Stadium April 19... ? 

Stadium 1 Apr 19.jpg

Stadium Apr 19.jpg

Stadium Apr19.jpeg

York Stadium 1 Apr19.jpeg

York Stadium 2 Apr19.jpeg

York Stadium Apr19.jpeg

The stand along the far touchline from where the photos are taken - has that been designed to facilitate expansion? The roof is very high in relation to the seating, so it looks like they could add additional rows of seating without raising the height of the stand.

Minä rakastan rugbyliigaa!

1 hour ago, Moomintroll said:

The stand along the far touchline from where the photos are taken - has that been designed to facilitate expansion? The roof is very high in relation to the seating, so it looks like they could add additional rows of seating without raising the height of the stand.

Unless that stand accommodates the corporate boxes?

rldfsignature.jpg

Is the new ground for YCK due to have natural grass or a synthetic surface.  I am sure this has been mentioned, but I forget - sorry!

9 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Is the new ground for YCK due to have natural grass or a synthetic surface.  I am sure this has been mentioned, but I forget - sorry!

I asked about this. Gav Wilson replied: It's gonna be one of those 50/50 'Desso' pitches I believe. Not sure about the undersoil heating!

4 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

My only criticism is the lack of a standing area , I'd have thought 1 stand without seats could have easily been incorporated 

Out of our hands I'm afraid. That was a Football League stipulation for York City FC's £2m loan to be turned into a grant.

23 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Out of our hands I'm afraid. That was a Football League stipulation for York City FC's £2m loan to be turned into a grant.

Thats a shame especially if safe standing comes in the near future

On 18/04/2019 at 17:52, Moomintroll said:

No.

It isn’t.

No, they can’t.

?

2 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Indeed. Although whilst not strictly true, the stadium has been designed in such a way that if needed years down the line, capacity can easily be increased to 12k. ? 

Thanks Gav. It just reminded me of some association football grounds that have been designed to incorporate increased capacity without much alteration to the original framework.

Minä rakastan rugbyliigaa!

The online version of the York Press reports York's new stadium will not be ready until October, which means 2018-19 isn't, after all, the football club's last season at Bootham Crescent:

The long-delayed new Community Stadium for York may not now be ready until October. Fifteen years after plans were first proposed to create the new stadium, it was hit by fresh delays in February. Outgoing council leader Cllr Ian Gillies told The Press that he would be “disappointed if it wasn’t ready in the autumn” but he said he “would hope that it would be ready by October”. City of York Council said it was unable to confirm an opening date and declined to comment on the progress of the scheme. Developers are currently on the site of the stadium’s leisure complex, where work is being carried out to install seats in the West Stand and the swimming pools are being tiled. York City Football Club will not be able to start the football season at the new venue and by the end of October they will be about a quarter of the way through their 2019-20 campaign. York City Knights will also not be able to move in during the current rugby league season as previously planned. The Press revealed in February that the 8,000-seat stadium and leisure centre had been hit by fresh delays. The site was due to open in July but the council were not able to say whether the project has been delayed by weeks or by months, or explain the reasons for the hold-up. The Knights were due to play their last two home games of the current Betfred Championship season – against Bradford Bulls on July 20 and Featherstone Rovers on August 18 - at the Community Stadium, but were told this will not happen. The delay means the clubs will continue to play at Bootham Crescent until the new stadium is ready. A planning application to build 80 new homes on the ground was submitted by developers Persimmon at the end of January. Senior councillors were told at a meeting in September 2018 that construction work was on schedule and due to be completed by May 2019, with the stadium set to open in July. A spokesman for City of York Council, speaking in February, said: “A significant amount of progress has been made to date, both on and off site, with all stands now visible. “Work will continue with all partners to minimise any delay and open the York Stadium Leisure Complex as soon as possible, without compromising on quality or safety.” Plans for the new stadium were given the green light by the council’s planning committee back in March 2015. The development will also include leisure facilities featuring new swimming pools, a gym, dance studios, outdoor pitches, an indoor climbing area and aerial high ropes course. There will also be an IMAX cinema, a ten pin bowling alley and a mini indoor golf centre. National restaurant chains TGI Fridays and Zizzi’s are also set to open branches at the complex. And there will be a community hub with health services, a library area, York Against Cancer shop. Both York City and York City Knights have been unavailable for comment.

Had a quick gallop through Headingley's north stand on Sunday - not seen in the Emerald Suite and the Corporate Heaven they've created yet but got a first look at our new seats and the main concourse. It's finally going to be open for the Cas game on 16th May and N Stand season ticket holders are being migrated back over from the rest of the ground (except those who choose to stay wherever they were displaced to).

IMAG5262919_TN.jpg.76cc221decde4a4f8a050c8912875208.jpg

IMAG5263920_TN.jpg.b3f8b6a198fc8a476cde574ac1d249f8.jpg

IMAG5265921_TN.jpg.291542079c13f30c8fb4836ddeb96534.jpg

IMAG5268922_TN.jpg.63dd0e28de1ae1a5d0d78eadca1fa1dc.jpg

IMAG5271923_TN.jpg.22b3db2095c3646aaa5673e6cfe71dbc.jpg

IMAG5276924_TN.jpg.24858a840e5ce3b610e2883801078789.jpg

IMAG5278925_TN.jpg.f4c6ffc0c550ea48076eeb587b48ef4e.jpg

IMAG5280926_TN.jpg.95cbbd820d7384dbe5e468ea4b80d2fc.jpg

IMAG5283927_TN.jpg.a11186b31e4c9673c5f23a6c688a9420.jpg

IMAG5285928_TN.jpg.0a2442d23747760ff30971fd514ea2cf.jpg

IMAG5288929_TN.jpg.3af289523d07f8599b18637d3d8e6882.jpg

IMAG5290930_TN.jpg.8c3e2fd33e0b21128937b17c1ed457bb.jpg