Sign in to follow this  
cookey

New Grounds.

9 hours ago, Teessidewire said:

Looks like a cracking stadium, a huge improvement on what was there before. Are there plans to bus people in from the city?

The plan seems to be to get people to use the park and ride. 

https://www.yorkmix.com/news/fans-may-have-to-pay-10-to-park-at-york-stadium-on-match-days/

So important to offer good,modern facilities for players,spectators,sponsors and the media.

Dare I ask about Castleford?

14 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

We have grass!! 😄 

York Stadium May 20th.jpeg

The more I see that mixed coloured seating the more I like it.   Definitely gives the impression of a full crowd.   Strange that the middle of the main stand is solid blue though...   there’s obviously a reason for it.

Do we know if every stand will be open for Knights games and if there will be a dedicated "away" stand? Presumably for the football the smaller of the stands behind the goal will be the away end and the larger will be the home kop.

20 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

We have grass!! 😄 

York Stadium May 20th.jpeg

Seems rather odd to have those random coloured seats everywhere else and then suddenly a patch of navy blue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jean Capdouzey said:

Seems rather odd to have those random coloured seats everywhere else and then suddenly a patch of navy blue.

Posh and posher seats.

Edited by Stirlin

12 hours ago, wasginger said:

Cookey it doesn't look as though there's anything going off at the site, just tattered old Axiom flags and that's about it.

Thanks,shame,generally it's been a good season for news and positive developments at Castleford would help further.Unfortunately,I suspect it's out of their hands - never a good position to get in to.

I can’t disclose my sources but there’s going to be big news regarding the Wakefield stadium in the next month or so.  

Personally i’ll still be sceptical until a brick is laid but apparently this is going to be the closest Wakefield have got to development yet.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, fevtom said:

I can’t disclose my sources but there’s going to be big news regarding the Wakefield stadium in the next month or so.  

Personally i’ll still be sceptical until a brick is laid but apparently this is going to be the closest Wakefield have got to development yet.

A new 3D design?

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, fevtom said:

I know exploratory boreholes have been undertaken behind the East stand over the past month but heard very little else. We've been hearing big news just around the corner for months (if not years) so can't expect anything else but cynicism over this. Coming from a Fev fan though, it might just mean there is something afresh.

Edited by PREPOSTEROUS

1 hour ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

I know exploratory boreholes have been undertaken behind the East stand over the past month but heard very little else. We've been hearing big news just around the corner for months (if not years) so can't expect anything else but cynicism over this. Coming from a Fev fan though, it might just mean there is something afresh.

Maybe they are trying to strike oil.

4 hours ago, fevtom said:

I really hope you’re right Fevtom,  not heard anything since we got the ground back.  As someone said on here they were doing test drilling behind the East Stand last week.

Up the Trin 

Hopefully some positive news but please,no more false,broken promises. We all want to hear some positive news but I would rather have no news than false promises. To be fair,the present chap at Wakefield seems a good,sound businessman who hopefully has learnt from others past mistakes.

I was actually down in Wakefield a couple of weeks ago and it reminded me of Warrington. I do think good,modern facilities,with a competitive team could generate regular crowds of around 8/9,000 and gain the support of the business community with decent corporate facilities. If so,it would put Castleford under considerable pressure.

12 hours ago, cookey said:

Hopefully some positive news but please,no more false,broken promises. We all want to hear some positive news but I would rather have no news than false promises. To be fair,the present chap at Wakefield seems a good,sound businessman who hopefully has learnt from others past mistakes.

I was actually down in Wakefield a couple of weeks ago and it reminded me of Warrington. I do think good,modern facilities,with a competitive team could generate regular crowds of around 8/9,000 and gain the support of the business community with decent corporate facilities. If so,it would put Castleford under considerable pressure.

Not sure I'd describe someone who has bought something for almost twice its actual value (and a few years after he could have got it for a 1/3rd or so of the price) as a sound businessman.

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 12:41, fevtom said:

This it 😉 ? https://wakefieldtrinity.com/wakefield-trinity-launches-two-weeks-of-community-consultation-about-proposed-plans-for-a-new-community-stand-at-belle-vue/

Inside the new corporate complex (north stand and refurbished pavilion) at Headingley -

Extentia-Group-Headingley-13.jpg

Extentia-Group-Headingley-89-1494x913.jp

0179-1024x822.jpg

rsz_5d_38947_1299x1044-1200x964.jpg

Extentia-Group-Headingley-71-1024x644.jp

0073-1024x822.jpg

Extentia-Group-Headingley-96-1024x669.jp

boardroom-boardroom-1200x964.jpg

boardroom-private-terrace-1200x963.jpg

private-dining-header.jpg

private-dining-boardroom-1200x964.jpg

Extentia-Group-Headingley-25-1024x696.jp

Headingley-1x-cropped.jpg

theatre-1200x964.jpg

Headingley-2x-cropped.jpg

image.thumb.png.734aaa74fef7496118c1592d78202e0e.png

Tav-2-1024x683.jpg

Tav-3-1024x673.jpg

Tav-1-1024x683.jpg

taverners-theatre-1200x964.jpg

image.thumb.png.632f747b6fcfe3de2e96f1e32f2bfee2.png

Executive_Suite_THEATRE-1200x964.jpg

Exec-3-1-1024x670.jpg

Exec-2-1024x670.jpg

Exec-1-1024x670.jpg

Presidents_Suite_THEATRE-1200x964.jpg

Presidents-2-1024x683.jpg

Edited by M j M
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Forgot one, the much commented-upon "break out area" -

Extentia-Group-Headingley-56-768x516.jpg

Extentia-Group-Headingley-54-747x550.jpg

Edited by M j M

3 hours ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

That's a swanky new looking strip joint

It's true, the Hetheringtons will do anything for you if the price is right..