Alpha Wars! Wolfpack vs. Wolves

Krzzystuff

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think we revert to something like the 2017 schedule we had in L1 which worked great IE some breaks for other activities . I mean i love the upcoming 8-9 weeks solid but I will miss Dewsbury due to my nephews wedding and his bride to be got a bit shirty when i nicely asked if she could consider doing on the sunday june 17. apparently that is just not done.

4 hours ago, RobertAM said:

i think we revert to something like the 2017 schedule we had in L1 which worked great IE some breaks for other activities . I mean i love the upcoming 8-9 weeks solid but I will miss Dewsbury due to my nephews wedding and his bride to be got a bit shirty when i nicely asked if she could consider doing on the sunday june 17. apparently that is just not done.

Lol! Hopefully you didn't tell them why. And yeah half a season in one shot is a little too much.

On ‎09‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 6:54 PM, Krzzystuff said:

but don't worry it's just a temporary thing.

why temporary ?.... are you going to fold?.....or buy you way to promotion?....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

3 hours ago, RPH said:

... are you going to fold?.....or buy you way to promotion?....

Possibly both.  Didn't Leigh buy their way to promotion too. It is the only way to get out of the Championship (due to the financial disparity).

13 minutes ago, ojx said:

Possibly both.  Didn't Leigh buy their way to promotion too. It is the only way to get out of the Championship.

Everyone buys their way to everything. Ironically, we are not on a Rugby Union forum due to "broken time" inducenents to players.

Is it buying your way to promotion when you have exactly the same criteria and restrictions for assembling a squad as everyone else in the division? Just because we can do it isn't our fault. 

Awful discipline by TWP. They were looking good for thirty odd minutes but then the red mist descended. They always sail close to the wind and today they crossed the line. What was going through Dixon’s head I’ll never know. He was lucky not to get penalised at the tackle. To then throw a punch was dumb dumb dumb. A red card every day of the week and twice on Sunday. They then decide to argue with every thing the ref does even though he had little choice other than to wave the cards around. A siege mentality only goes so far. The problem is it loses you any neutral support. If you want TWP against the world this is the way to go about it.

rldfsignature.jpg

On 5/8/2018 at 10:28 PM, dixiedean said:

Course both those would take a bit of effort and thought.

Yes they would have had to take 1 minute to unblock it!

Someone spoke of the goodwill being lost on the CC thread and I had to laugh. There are a fair few lessons to be learned from this for TWP and their fans and most of them have nothing to do with discipline.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Well that was a lesson in what needs to happen to get to the SL. Warrington were clinical when TWP were down 2 or 3 men. TWP have not been punished when they have had poor discipline and the Wolves showed then what a top 3 side in the country can do. Was it all bad? No. For most of the first half they gave a good account of themselves.Play like they did before the first yellow card and they should be competitive in the 8s, play like they did after the card and it will likely be Championship rugby next season.

Now it is time to get back to work.

21 hours ago, RobertAM said:

they are going to rock the RL world tomorrow..I feel it.

you got that right fella,shame warrington wernt prepared to roll over and put up with the grub tactics like you seem to think everyone as to. you were lucky not to lose a couple more with effin and jeffin at ref live on telly,and  blantant shoulder charges off ball a few times. you could a put the full squad on got same result playing like that..bad viewing.

On 08/05/2018 at 4:38 PM, silverback said:

prepare for some pain..:aggressive: should be a cracking game for us neutrals and will show you just were your at,, dont think warrington will go with all this  must be swept aside bullfodder thou.. real wolves 46, mercenaries in tw shirts 18.:superman:  cant wait for this one.

it were like watching leigh of 4 years ago...:scout:good luck for magic..

As a neutral fan I have definitely lost a bit of respect for the team today. Been a follower of the Pack for a while and loved their work off the pitch, but this is making me reassess. Paul Rowley is not a nice human and everything he teaches has come undone today.

I hope David Argyle has a word with Rowley and they can change the way they do things. Otherwise I don’t want them in SL. 

one swallow doesn't make a summer, one battle lost doesn't mean the war is over..TWP will learn, regroup and come back stronger.....but we won't gloat like some seem disposed to do...

yuck it up for now...

2 hours ago, silverback said:

you got that right fella,shame warrington wernt prepared to roll over and put up with the grub tactics like you seem to think everyone as to. you were lucky not to lose a couple more with effin and jeffin at ref live on telly,and  blantant shoulder charges off ball a few times. you could a put the full squad on got same result playing like that..bad viewing.

I agree, it was ridiculous today, especially how McCrone was carrying on. He is meant to be our captain ffs. You can't talk to refs like that in the NRL, why does he think he can do that here? I thought it was all about "managing the ref" these days, not trying to ###### them off as much as possible.

1 hour ago, ojx said:

I agree, it was ridiculous today, especially how McCrone was carrying on. He is meant to be our captain ffs. You can't talk to refs like that in the NRL, why does he think he can do that here? I thought it was all about "managing the ref" these days, not trying to ###### them off as much as possible.

McCrone needs to be dropped as Captain. His job is to keep a cool head, make calm decisions under pressure, and control his players, by leading by example.

Not lose it with a ref who was losing patience by that point already.

Stanley could have gone later too. Sims, as acting captain, had the sense to tell him to button it and go away.

28 minutes ago, krakauer said:

So what happened between the ref and McCrone? 

Couldn't hear all of the dialogue, but McCrone just wouldn't shut up, then Thaler gave him the yellow card. What I did hear from Josh was "Respect is a 2 way thing mate, you show me some, and I will show you some". I think it was because he wouldn't 'stop talking' more than what he said.

They were outplaying the Wire and then Dixon's punch effectively doomed them with McCrone's rather foolish behavior cementing it..win as a team, lose as a team and they deserved to lose today. but lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater - if this embarrassment means they play smarter for the rest of the season that is what really matters.

On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 4:38 PM, silverback said:

prepare for some pain..:aggressive: should be a cracking game for us neutrals and will show you just were your at,, dont think warrington will go with all this  must be swept aside bullfodder thou.. real wolves 46, mercenaries in tw shirts 18.:superman:  cant wait for this one.

alpha wars?.....sounds like they were shafted.......

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Archived