Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

Eurovision!

A very British response, ignoring the furriners when they get uppity :P

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" - Mark Twain

I kept waiting for the Serbian group to go into a death metal session...

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" - Mark Twain

The Danish as well... I thought they looked like a warm-up band for Ozzy Osborne until they started their folk song...

The song from the really southern part of Europe, Australia, was a bit strange.

1 minute ago, RidingPie said:

I’m trying to explain what makes a good Eurovision song to my kids. So far I’ve failed. I rather liked Serbia’s there

If it has more cheese than a Wallace & Gromit movie then it gets bonus points.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RidingPie said:

Not understanding the love for Israel’s song. 

THAT is a Eurovision song.  That and the milkmaids song from a few years ago are the book-ends of perfect Eurovision songs

• Haha 1

Now for some traditional Dutch country n western...

• Haha 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

1 minute ago, ckn said:

THAT is a Eurovision song.  That and the milkmaids song from a few years ago are the book-ends of perfect Eurovision songs

I still dream of the milkmaids. 

2 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Now for some traditional Dutch country n western...

If you've ever been to Amsterdam, you'll have seen more than a few hoe downs :P

• Haha 2

Not much love from the juries for SuRie, currently nestling at the bottom of the right hand column avec nul points.

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

Ooh, four whole points now! SuRie scoring like Geoff Boycott.

Edited by Futtocks

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

The israel entry is basically the Bjork sketch from French & Saunders, right?

The Austrian song (currently leading the vote) was apparently rejected as a UK entry in the BBC's You decide programme. The actual UK entry is currently third last.

17 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

The Austrian song (currently leading the vote) was apparently rejected as a UK entry in the BBC's You decide programme. The actual UK entry is currently third last.

And third last is where we finish. The winner is the Israeli novelty act.

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

And third last is where we finish. The winner is the Israeli novelty act.

The Israeli professional vote gave us the highest marks of any country. Always liked the Israelis. :P 

• Like 1

I do like the voting system nowadays.  much more exciting.

Harsh scores for us.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Most bonkers, out there Eurovision act of the night wins Eurovision. I thought that the UK entry was the strongest we've had in many years and was surprised how low it scored.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Automatic translate SNAFU.

DdCAgm_WkAAxaiO.jpg

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

If we'd used it, it would have finished third last. This is how it works.

• Like 2

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"