Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

12-13 May: The Betfred League 1 Match Thread

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, weighman said:

I do not like d-reg either but that is the way Doncaster have gone with a 21 man squad.

 

I bet we do not get many next week.

Do you think this policy and skeletal squad could bite you later in a long season ? It’s quite risky you’d think relying on outside forces 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could come back to  bite us next week !

We will not have Miloudi that is for sure .

Quote

 

Quote

 

Quote

 

 

 

 

Edited by weighman
error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

West Wales Raiders will not have any dual reg players

but when it comes to 'celebrity' fans showing support,and attempting to engender even more

the good name of our players,and the Bradford supporters

has travelled far and wide to very important commentators

 

 

  • Like 2

     Born - didn't ask. Dying - didn't argue                                 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

West Wales Raiders will not have any dual reg players

but when it comes to 'celebrity' fans showing support,and attempting to engender even more

the good name of our players,and the Bradford supporters

has travelled far and wide to very important commentators

 

 

The guy is just the best. Outstanding commentator , great humour and always showing interest and promoting our game here ( even the team warning circle in the air ! ) . He was on the Town twitter page sending Scott Rooke best wishes when he was in the RVI .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was Coventry 0 York 18, but Coventry fought back to 18-18, 18-24 with a couple of minutes left in the half.

Bradford 28 - Skolars 4 at HT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Full time 

Coventry 18 - York 58

Bradford 54 - London Skolars 16

decent result for both teams imo. Think skolars have actually scored more than anyone at Odsal this season as well. Plus they had 10 players injured at the moment

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bears had Knights on the ropes for a while fought back to 18 apiece and were unlucky to get a couple of efforts wiped  off by the officials that would have pushed the visitors even further 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bears had a poor start then played really well against York for the rest of the 1st half. Really good to see them have York on the ropes, and actually could have been better off because also had 2 tries disallowed.

Unfortunately chances of an upset was relatively shortlived because York came out firing 2nd half. Bears just didn't get the ball and couldnt keep up with them. Still, despite the scoreline, a bit of pride restored after last week. 

Also great to see ex Bears player Joe Batchelor and good luck to him for the future ?

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite the good score line the Bulls never really seemed to get going and the game seemed slow and very stop start. Dane Chisholm went from record breaker to just 5 from 11 goals and then conceding 3 very 'soft' tries were the main negatives from our POV.

Ethan Ryan seems to have his mojo back and the forwards,  Bustin, Crossley and Peltier in particular, had excellent games and to be fair no-one had a bad day, just the whole game, which seemed so half-paced at times. I thought Skolars looked a well coached outfit and they defended quite well (or as well as you can say after conceding 54 points) and the halves were quite lively and put in plenty of effort, though in general, they were a little short of ideas near the line.


No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Bulliac said:

Despite the good score line the Bulls never really seemed to get going and the game seemed slow and very stop start. Dane Chisholm went from record breaker to just 5 from 11 goals and then conceding 3 very 'soft' tries were the main negatives from our POV.

Ethan Ryan seems to have his mojo back and the forwards,  Bustin, Crossley and Peltier in particular, had excellent games and to be fair no-one had a bad day, just the whole game, which seemed so half-paced at times. I thought Skolars looked a well coached outfit and they defended quite well (or as well as you can say after conceding 54 points) and the halves were quite lively and put in plenty of effort, though in general, they were a little short of ideas near the line.

I see JK said after the match that - and I don't think he was in anyway showing disrespect to the Skolars - if Bulls play like that next week, they will be beaten.  Skolars certainly looked an encouraging order of magnitude more capable than WWR last week?

Edited by Adeybull

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched it on stream and the Skolars certainly never gave in.They were still trying to the last minute. A good crowd of over 3000,compared to Widnes v Leeds ,1800, and Huddersfield v Wakefield 2000, both in the cup.I would think both clubs would be bitterly disappointed with those crowds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JonNgog said:

Raiders scored three tries!

  Only lost the second half 18 -28 despite the work undertaken in the first half.

  Connor Farrer now back.

Reports of experienced League 1 players to join shortly.

Lots of confidence restored.

As the late Ian Dury once sang - Reasons to be cheerful. 

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

     Born - didn't ask. Dying - didn't argue                                 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

  Only lost the second half 18 -28 despite the work undertaken in the first half.

  Connor Farrer now back.

Reports of experienced League 1 players to join shortly.

Lots of confidence restored.

As the late Ian Dury once sang - Reasons to be cheerful. 

Must admit (and no disrespect to Donny) I was real pleased to see WWR scoring points. After the last two awful weeks for them, says something about digging deep and not giving up?  There was only one way to go from there. 

Reasons to be positive and optimistic?

  • Like 1

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

  Only lost the second half 18 -28 despite the work undertaken in the first half.

  Connor Farrer now back.

Reports of experienced League 1 players to join shortly.

Lots of confidence restored.

As the late Ian Dury once sang - Reasons to be cheerful. 

Connor Farrer is a very good player, Championship standard so will certainly make a difference in the middle of the park

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:49 AM, Adeybull said:

I see JK said after the match that - and I don't think he was in anyway showing disrespect to the Skolars - if Bulls play like that next week, they will be beaten.  Skolars certainly looked an encouraging order of magnitude more capable than WWR last week?

Oh absolutely Adey, Skolars were far, far better and competitive than WWR, imo.

To be honest, this slowness seems to be nearly every week and, imo is largely down to referees who don't encourage a speedy PTB and who have an 'any time you like' approach to clearing the ruck. I do think the Bulls should make more effort at struggling to get up sometimes too, though I accept it's probably difficult when 2 and 3 defenders are laying all over you - and indeed, why would they get off when the referees seem totally unconcerned?.


No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...