Chris Hamilton going into hospital for heart surgery

Dave Naylor

OLDHAM RLFC chairman Chris Hamilton goes into hospital next week for major heart surgery and, as far as the club is concerned, he will be out of action for some time.

“It’s impossible to put a time scale on it, but recovery can take quite a long time,” he said.

“It’s a worrying time for me, obviously, but it’s something that needs doing as soon as possible.

“It will be business as usual at the club. I hope the lads can continue their good form while I’m away and I’m sure they will.”

Initially, Chris was due to go into hospital last week, but his admission was put back for a few days.

Bad news this. 

Hope Mr Hamilton's surgery goes well and he makes a full and speedy recovery. Health is more important than anything, we all have an opinion on the chairman (club wise), but I hope everyone will pull together wishing him well in this personal issue. Good luck and all the best Chris.

I wish Mr H all the best for the operation on what is a vital organ. 

As I have had a heart scare recently and only just been given the all clear apart from needing more iron in my blood. 

It came as a warning that there is more to life than rugby but only just. 

Hopefully in a weeks or months Mr H will be back at the helm and taking abuse as a goodun.

All the best Chris

My wife had triple heart bypass surgery 8 years ago. It was a tough haul for all of us, most especially her, but with grit,  determination and support from family and friends she got through it and is as active and lovely as ever now. We wish Mr Hamilton every success and a quick and full recovery so he can be back in the thick of it all once again in the not too distant future.  Hope the boys put on great performances for him throughout the rest of the season. 

All the best to Chris for a successful operation and a full recovery.

Following the disappointing crowd last Sunday, I suggest a significant boost to Chris's morale ahead of his surgery, would come from a good turnout of fans this Sunday, showing support for him on a personal level and how much Oldham RLFC means to us all. So, if you possibly can, get down to the Vestacare Stadium and give your support for him, Scott and all the team. 

I'm sure Mr H will have sorted out the running of the good ship Roughyeds while he takes time off. Don't know who is stepping into the hotseat and frankly I ain't that bothered,  Mr H's health is more important than worrying about who is taking charge, it will all be sorted and I'm sure who ever is dealing with the day to day stuff will do a fine job.

On 5/12/2018 at 11:48 AM, roughyed34 said:

I'm sure Mr H will have sorted out the running of the good ship Roughyeds while he takes time off. Don't know who is stepping into the hotseat and frankly I ain't that bothered,  Mr H's health is more important than worrying about who is taking charge, it will all be sorted and I'm sure who ever is dealing with the day to day stuff will do a fine job.

While i wish CH the very best in his recovery i'd hardly call the state of Oldham RLFC as a good ship, more like sinking ship.

To see this once great club languishing where it is with gates of 400 is soul destroying, with latics now in a similar mess its a sorry state of affairs for the town.

If it's thick skin, grit and determination Chris needs to overcome his operation, then he will be back at work in a fortnight, but seriously, could I take this opportunity to wish Mr. H a quick and speedy recovery from his health issues, and a rapid return to the helm of Oldham Roughyeds.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

34 minutes ago, roughyed34 said:

Op was postponed Baron, apparently having his surgery on Monday all being well. He was at West Wales last Saturday in good spirits and just wanting to get it done. Thanks for asking pal.

Had a lot of surgery myself over the past couple of years, it's no joke when they cancel your op, you get yourself all keyed up only to be let down usually at the last minute. He will just have to stay strong and hope it gets done on Monday.

I agree with you R34, health is more important than anything, even Rugby, ha ha. If you read the forums Chris, Good Luck, and hope you are feeling better soon.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

Its quite a long time since I had my triple Heart by pass and it takes months to get over it with rest and plenty of physio. Nobody knows if they are going to have to go through heart surgery it can happen to anyone at any age and I would not wish it on anyone.

Rugby is well down the list of priorities compared to a persons health.

Let the rugby take care of itself and you look after whats important yourself.

All the best Chris for a speedy recovery.

Archived