Barrow Game

andyram

Our rearranged game on Sunday, have we got any chance of a shock victory in Cumbria ? 

Any chance of Sykes playing this weekend ? We look better with him and Moore playing, when both fully fit.

43 minutes ago, andyram said:

Our rearranged game on Sunday, have we got any chance of a shock victory in Cumbria ? 

Any chance of Sykes playing this weekend ? We look better with him and Moore playing, when both fully fit.

Better commitment and attitude and we've half a chance. I reckon we'll see a few changes this week where possible, Sykes could be back this week. He's got his critics but by did we miss him last week.

My team.

Guzdek

Morton

Glover

Hallett

Potts

Sykes

Speakman/Moore

Sheriffe

Ward

Teanby

Knowles

Walshaw

Brown

SUBS

Day

Spicer

Everett

Reilly

Barrow 26

Rams 16

FTS Morton

Mom Ward

Att 1210

23 minutes ago, IRugbyS said:

Got to be speakman and sykes if fit, Moore been disappointing this year... Hallett back from injury as well? 

Don't write Moore off ... he plays better when the Sun shines and the ground is firm .... there were a few flashes against Rochdale that he might be running into some form.

4 hours ago, andyram said:

Close to no chance of a win imho.  If Sykes isn’t fit not even sure it’s worth ya travelling.  He has his critics, not least with regard to discipline, but what we miss when he’s not playing was plain to see last Sunday.  I’d stick with Gaz for now but he’s on probation for me, not least since speakman at 7 would allow Sam Day back in. A week for saving your brass I reckon. 

14 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

Don't write Moore off ... he plays better when the Sun shines and the ground is firm .... there were a few flashes against Rochdale that he might be running into some form.

Hope your right,but I'm getting a bit fed up now with,or this player and that player will get better once we've got dryer firmer grounds,look at last Sunday perfect condition's for rugby league, same result another loss.

1 hour ago, IRugbyS said:

I thought I heard Moore was giving it up, and had walked away a few games ago? Maybe I heard wrong but if that's the case why play him anyway. 

You heard correctly,he's decided to carry on till end of season then probably retire.

No Worrincy or Speakman this week.

2 hours ago, graham fisher said:

You heard correctly,he's decided to carry on till end of season then probably retire.

No Worrincy or Speakman this week.

Speakman will be a major loss. He has added some much needed energy when he has come on.

The bookies are only giving us 4 start which seems well out to me.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

6 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Speakman will be a major loss. He has added some much needed energy when he has come on.

Skybet were giving us 20 last night, which I thought was stingy. As it turned out.......

8 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

agree...No Speakman, no Sykes...14 probably nearer the mark...

Moore was begging batley board again for a gig. Bet neds no nonsense doesnt sit well with gareth

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

I'm going to buck the trend

Sods law mixed with the theory of probability... And a babel fish;) 

Predict that our losing streak will end

It's a bit like betting on green at roulette 

Eventually your number will come in :)

PS

I've copied this message so I can apply it for when we do win

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day

:)

1 hour ago, coolie said:

I'm going to buck the trend

Sods law mixed with the theory of probability... And a babel fish;) 

Predict that our losing streak will end

It's a bit like betting on green at roulette 

Eventually your number will come in :)

PS

I've copied this message so I can apply it for when we do win

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day

:)

Not if it's got a hand missing, and we seem to be a few hands light at the moment. :negative:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Looking at the team on paper (and not on toilet paper before piggy jumps in) 

We have enough in our arsenal (and not the wenger one) to compete with any team in our division. 

We're trying against teams above us, and then getting dragged into slug fests with the teams below us.. Which is not healthy to our precarious position at the bottom of the table. 

Think we need to start playing what we have rather than simply getting players on dual reg and putting them in the team

This will without doubt cause problems within a squad... 

Need to pick our own, whether good or bad and try galvanise this bunch of individuals into something that resembles a team and fight for everyone. 

I'll cut short this speech before it ends up like

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in Barrow,
we shall fight on the grass and 3G,
we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the pack, we shall defend our try line, whatever the cost may be,
we shall fight on the Blackpool beach ,
we shall fight on the barrow ground,
we shall fight in the centre's and in the pack,
we shall fight in the scrum;
we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this team or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the Tetleys stadium, armed and guarded by the barmy army, would carry on the struggle, until, in God’s good time, the championship, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old results in us not been relegated. 

Winston coolie 2018

;)

4 hours ago, coolie said:

We have enough in our arsenal (and not the wenger one) to compete with any team in our division. 

We're trying against teams above us, and then getting dragged into slug fests with the teams below us.. Which is not healthy to our precarious position at the bottom of the table. 

Think we need to start playing what we have rather than simply getting players on dual reg and putting them in the team

This will without doubt cause problems within a squad... 

Need to pick our own, whether good or bad and try galvanise this bunch of individuals into something that resembles a team and fight for everyone. 

I'll cut short this speech before it ends up like

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in Barrow,
we shall fight on the grass and 3G,
we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the pack, we shall defend our try line, whatever the cost may be,
we shall fight on the Blackpool beach ,
we shall fight on the barrow ground,
we shall fight in the centre's and in the pack,
we shall fight in the scrum;
we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this team or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the Tetleys stadium, armed and guarded by the barmy army, would carry on the struggle, until, in God’s good time, the championship, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old results in us not been relegated. 

Winston coolie 2018

;)

But not to beat them, as Rochdale proved. Don't know what you're growing in the shed Coolie, but I'll take a couple of ounces.;)

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Cumbria has not been one of our happiest hunting grounds and I can't see tomorrow being any different. The fans will travel more in hope than expectation but let's trust that the players can have a more positive outlook:

Barrow 28 - 16 Rams

Att: 880

FTS: Glover

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Think your busted and tbh can't see your next win. Starting to worry for you lot..

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

13 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Cumbria has not been one of our happiest hunting grounds and I can't see tomorrow being any different. The fans will travel more in hope than expectation but let's trust that the players can have a more positive outlook:

Barrow 28 - 16 Rams

Att: 880

FTS: Glover

I never thought for a moment, at the beginng of the season, that we'd be writing off our chances at Barrow. Then again, I never thought we'd lose at home to the second bottom club.

George Bernard Shaw.

On 11/05/2018 at 8:09 PM, andyram said:

Dc74dsEWsAEsBcO.jpeg

Well. Some good news.  Our best ball playing forward is starting at 13.  Let’s hope they back him up?

id have kept Brown at 13 and started with Ansell but lm not the coach for a good reason?

52-22 after 65 mins.  

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

Archived