Harry jepson 2018

Understand it's reverted to a club competition.  Winners of West playing winners of South West, then winner of that joining winners from East, London, and Midlands in semi finals.

If this does turn out to be the case, I think it will be a massive shame.

The Rep format worked well, and a lot of effort went in to make sure as many clubs as possible were involved. There had even been talk of the Rep sides touring to more far flung places. We'd learnt a lot on the staff and had already talked about some changes for this years competition to try and get more buy in from across the game. I'm also aware of other regions that wanted in.

It's so classically Rugby League that we develop a new format and don't give it the time to properly develop and bed in!

56 minutes ago, RoverBear said:

The Rep format worked well, and a lot of effort went in to make sure as many clubs as possible were involved. There had even been talk of the Rep sides touring to more far flung places. We'd learnt a lot on the staff and had already talked about some changes for this years competition to try and get more buy in from across the game. I'm also aware of other regions that wanted in.

It's so classically Rugby League that we develop a new format and don't give it the time to properly develop and bed in!

My understanding was the club comp was to return & the rep comp would continue ... but not sure 100%

Probably the best option. 

There’s room for both. Club comp should be a knock out comp, rep comp a mini league, to get players getting better standard games. As far as I see there are  6 “regional” leagues, London, east, west, south west, midlands & north east. 5 games would be too many, but 2 groups of 3 would work, with a final, 3/4 & 5/6 place games at one venue, making 3 games each. 

On 5/14/2018 at 12:19 PM, RoverBear said:

But the HJ trophy was ways a club trophy with 20+ years history and should remain so.

• 3 months later...

Seems daft playing the semi if you’re not able to play the final. Unless they hoped for final to be moved.

On 9/8/2018 at 2:14 PM, Mr Plow said:

Do you think standing areas like we have in the UK would be accepted in Australia or would you all rather sit? There’s a big debate over here about standing at soccer stadiums

9 hours ago, Saint 1 said:

No, Hammersmith said they couldn't play the final on the Sunday due to a wedding, and RFL were unwilling to move it, so North Herts took their place.

Does that mean Lionel Hurst gets his hands on the Trophy at last!?

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

2 hours ago, MidlandsRugbyLeague said:

Very much so....! But I'm quite ok not to live in the past ??

I like the idea of if it's not broke don't break it, have you noticed how more and more TV pundits are coming round to the idea that summer rugby is just not working in the amateur game - I wonder if sky pulled the plug on rugby league would we see the professional ranks go back to winter rugby, only saying this because I've noticed the grounds aren't as full these days and I've also been looking at photo's of games before the switch, didn't we get a lot of full houses back then.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

7 hours ago, Marauder said:

I like the idea of if it's not broke don't break it, have you noticed how more and more TV pundits are coming round to the idea that summer rugby is just not working in the amateur game - I wonder if sky pulled the plug on rugby league would we see the professional ranks go back to winter rugby, only saying this because I've noticed the grounds aren't as full these days and I've also been looking at photo's of games before the switch, didn't we get a lot of full houses back then.

I dont watch RL on TV so not sure what the trending conversation is!

8 hours ago, Marauder said:

You have some serious issues buddy!

I’ve followed these pages for a few years and all I ever see is you bringing every conversation back to “it was better in winter” “we should move it back to winter”

NO ONE CARES - there is a thread at the top of this page that you can put this rubbish on  GIVE IT A REST!

You don't need to look at pictures to judge crowd sizes for RL.  Plenty of stats out there if you dig for them.  The Super League has done much better, the rest rather less well.  There are exceptions in both camps.  In general the figures steadily rose after the change to Summer until the last couple of years when they have held steady or slightly declined.  To me it seems clear that the season is too long and that interest in the Super 8s is low when most of the issues have already been settled.

Archived