Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OldManMarley

SKY Coverage/Commentators

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

Pretty much like common sense isn’t it . They’re now the odd one out in not doing it . Very strange why they don’t open it up to hear the process like everyone else , rather than second guessing from the clowns in the box .... it’s a try , no it’s not , it went back , or did it go forward , ooh I’ve changed my mind four times .....

The issue for me is that no one seems to have latched on to the 'less is sometimes more' attitude.  Sometimes they are talking over each other as if its a contest.  I disagree with the Cummings or Referee inclusion.  I just don't think it adds anything.  

A few minutes listening to a Ray Warren segment before they go on air should be signed into the contract.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

The issue for me is that no one seems to have latched on to the 'less is sometimes more' attitude.  Sometimes they are talking over each other as if its a contest.  I disagree with the Cummings or Referee inclusion.  I just don't think it adds anything.  

A few minutes listening to a Ray Warren segment before they go on air should be signed into the contract.

Richie Benaud always said less is more . The people can see what’s happening , just compliment that 

• Like 1

It's bad at the moment.  Hemmings was highly annoying with his constant obsession with analysing referees decisions. Last nights commentator was ok but not a natural and awkward with the banter.  Cummings is actually ok but who wants a ref in the commentary box? Not me.  And Phil Clarke is unbearable, he talks complete tripe and has the most irritating voice I've ever heard.  I would kill for a commentary free sound option. They add nothing!!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Tre Cool said:

I would kill for a commentary free sound option. They add nothing!!

?

Just turn the sound off.

Ron Banks

Bears and Barrow

Just now, Bearman said:

?

Just turn the sound off.

Then you turn off the crowd and any semblance of atmosphere they are generating too. 

• Like 1

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

5 hours ago, Dave T said:

I do sort of agree, but to try and think through the reasoning, I think it is based around the drama. Whether that roulette will stop on the red or green is also a bit of theatre for the TV viewer too.

I might agree with that but it ends up getting to the stage where we have the likes of Phil Clarke playing devils advocate over the top of all this, purely for the sake of discussion, and the result of these discussions seems to be that no-one in the commentary box quite understands the rules; with Stuart Cummings being presented as the "voice of reason".

It just seems like another wage that Sky have to pay and yet another voice among many. I take your point, though, and some of the criticism I have directed here isn't actually at Cummings and in part backs up your point about it feeling like an "audition process".

Edited by IMXIII

2 hours ago, Bearman said:

?

Just turn the sound off.

I want to hear the crowd and the whistle and the hooter and the tackles 

• Like 1

Which is the lesse of two evils,listening to the commentators or listening to the crowd and the hooter. Personally I turn off the sound and watch the game and make my own mind up on the contraversial decisions. I bet I get more right than Cummings does.

25 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

I just can't get over Jon Wells' and Tony Rea's suggested Great Britain teams from last night. They were just baffling!

I thought I heard Tony Rea say “Dan Sarginson is a world-class full back” but wasn’t sure if I’d had too much Stilton. 

47 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

I thought I heard Tony Rea say “Dan Sarginson is a world-class full back” but wasn’t sure if I’d had too much Stilton. 

Is he his manager!