Coventry bears V Town.

town4me

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, gillmeister said:

Big one is assuming Penky and Moi Moi are available what’s our strongest 1-17 ??

The sensible thing to do would be to very similar to Hemel, but switch MOI moi for Blagbrough as he needs game time and although I like Kurt Maudling you gotta bring Penkywicz in as he will be key going forward.....

As in all team games,give them.the respect they deserve and do the job. 

They had an horrendous day at Keighley but are not as bad as what some are making out and were 18-24 at HT v York this weekend so give them a sniff and they may well be able to sustain it. Also we snatched a 25-24 win last year so they will take confidence from that. 

I do see us winning with a 20+ margin but also don't feel it will be the stroll people are making out. 

As always Utt

I cant anything other than an easy win for Town . If Moi Moi and Penky and Tom Curwen  are in the Team  this will allow Wilkes Scholey and Newton  more rest time to refresh during the game instead of running themselves into the ground as whats been happening the last few week . This forward line is starting to look the strongest since the Bradford Match .Im sure Leon will love the luxury of having players of this quality in the squad . UTT

1 hour ago, inspectorgadget said:

I would look to have something along these lines

1. Forrester

2. Hambley

3. Miller

4. Olstrom

5. Patrick

6. Forber

7. Doran

8. Wilkes

9. Newton

10. Scholey

11. K Maudling

12. L Patrick

13. Barnes

14. Penkywicz

15. Moi Moi

16. Dawson

17. Curwen

I dont think J.P. will be playing .

46 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Can't understand why some want Olstrom in the centre's.

Was signed by Wakefield as a centre, think Karl's got a lot of qualities that have been railroaded out of him being used as battering ram extra prop. 

He may take a little time , it may not work but it's definitely an experiment worth looking at. 

Defensively it should improve us and if we aren't leaking points then we're in the arm wrestle as they say. 

1 hour ago, Ginock1 said:

Was signed by Wakefield as a centre, think Karl's got a lot of qualities that have been railroaded out of him being used as battering ram extra prop. 

He may take a little time , it may not work but it's definitely an experiment worth looking at. 

Defensively it should improve us and if we aren't leaking points then we're in the arm wrestle as they say. 

Gary Charlton tried the same 'experiment' several times without success.

Karl is a great player but don't think centre is his best position, using a succession of back rowers, really highlights where we need to strengthen I feel

2 hours ago, Ginock1 said:

I thought he was a half back at the Brow alongside Donaldson?

Archived