Toronto

Robin Evans

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The same Paul Rowley who was hailed a hero in 1998 when jumping into a river to rescue a girl who was clinging to a rock in fear of being swept over a waterfall.He changed his clothes and set off for Fax's home game,when he explained why he was late his teamates didn't believe  the excuse.HOW TIMES CHANGE.

Refuse to watch them on TV. Making a mockery of the game. At least, they appear to be an attraction for the Aussie journeymen. 

On 5/14/2018 at 7:42 PM, krakauer said:

Yes, my point exactly MADREDNIGE, if this 'mistimed tackle' was done by TWP it would surely be red carded and 4 week disciplinary. Double standards in place? 

2 hours ago, OldManMarley said:

Rumours going round that Toronto have signed Vatuvai and Sandow?

Are they excused from the salary cap!?!

Yeah I think they are for a set amount of years . That was part of deal when they joined league 1 . 

6 minutes ago, OldManMarley said:

It really is a complete joke all this. I'm all for spreading the game but why enforce unfair rules in place so that a team has such an incredible advantage!?

Haha! Its absolutely shocking. 

And they wonder why people are walking away from RL.

2 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

And they wonder why people are walking away from RL.

Watch the game against London on Saturday from Lamport....people are walking to the game not away from it....watch the crowd in Toronto and tell me I'm wrong...just watch.... 

10 minutes ago, OldManMarley said:

It really is a complete joke all this. I'm all for spreading the game but why enforce unfair rules in place so that a team has such an incredible advantage!?

Haha! Its absolutely shocking. 

We have no advantage...we are following the rules just like everyone else....we  are successful and on the way up with a dynamic fan base, great middle management and a wealthy and proud owner....that is why you are jealous and negative....its called ENVY. 

Get over it.

11 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Watch the game against London on Saturday from Lamport....people are walking to the game not away from it....watch the crowd in Toronto and tell me I'm wrong...just watch.... 

They may be gaining 7k in Canada but they are losing ten fold that in the UK. Once you are in superleague believe me thr rules will change for you. 

27 minutes ago, OldManMarley said:

How are you not at an advantage? Every other club has strict financial rules that they can’t spend over a certain amount? You don’t have those rules!? So therefore, you are at an advantage?

Where have you read that Toronto don't have the same financial rules as everyone else?

1 hour ago, OldManMarley said:

How are you not at an advantage? Every other club has strict financial rules that they can’t spend over a certain amount? You don’t have those rules!? So therefore, you are at an advantage?

Come on, think about what you are saying and stop trying to wind people up with antagonising statements of things that don’t make sense?

Proof....where is your proof?   We have the same spending cap as any other team registered.

Come on, think about what you are saying and stop trying to wind people up with antagonising statements of things that don’t make sense?

Toronto presumably come under the British-based category, because, well, they are British based for much of the year, and will presumably be paid in sterling. But in any case, the RFL Operations Manual states that if they are to be paid in a foreign currency, the value is to be converted into sterling at the rate with Natwest as of 1 december of the salary cap year.

I haven't seen any suggestion that Toronto are exempt from the cap from any remotely official source, nor from any RL journalists. It's just people trying to start rumours on forums. Toronto, like Leigh (only much more so), just have a lot more money than us. 

3 minutes ago, OldManMarley said:

No smoke without fire for me! Sorry mate, I don’t do ‘presumably’ and I’ve read those guidelines and it only states pound and euros.

But there's no smoke, never mind any fire! You have absolutely NO evidence that Toronto have a salary cap exemption other than people putting it on an internet forum. You claim you don't do "presumably", yet you're swallowing their claims hook, line and sinker with no supporting evidence simply because it suits you to do so.

Remeber, we see this kind of tosh all the time about our club, too. I've lost count of the number of times that I've read of Fev's imminent demise on financial grounds on other teams' forums. These things just tend to get picked up and repeated without regards for evidence.

1 minute ago, OldManMarley said:

It is what it is, there has been numerous people say that this is case, I can’t find anything to prove otherwise? So what’s a chap to think?

Who are these numerous people? What were their sources? Or do you just believe any made-up nonsense you read on forums, without seeking any supporting evidence?

21 minutes ago, OldManMarley said:

There’s no evidence for it, but where is the evidence against it!?

It is what it is, there has been numerous people say that this is case, I can’t find anything to prove otherwise? So what’s a chap to think?

Numerous people think the earth is flat.

Its not up to toronto to prove their innocence. Its up to those making allegations to prove them. So far there is absolutely no proof of any exemptions or wrong doing. Just a lot of froth from other clubs fans cos toronto are a new club thats loaded.

There is a significant cap now. Our club can't get anywhere near it. Toronto have the luxury of an owner who can outspend Delbert.... that's how it rolls....

I'm not anti expansion. Its a great sport... the more that enjoy the better for me. I just dislike the club but for a whole set of different reasons

For me, the clear 'bending' of the rules is the number of overseas players that Toronto are able to field at any one time. Isn't there a limit on this? I believe our division is lower than duper league, is theirs not 5 and ours 1, or has that changed? Clearly with a whole squad made up of non Canadians, then this is a clear disadvantage to clubs not able to field any more potentially 'better quality' overseas players over and above the agreed quota.   

1 hour ago, OldManMarley said:

No smoke without fire for me! Sorry mate, I don’t do ‘presumably’ and I’ve read those guidelines and it only states pound and euros.

I certainly do not trust the RFL either, they want Toronto in Superleague and will bend the rules in order for them to get there. I hope they do go up though, I’ve got my fingers crossed for em.

I don’t dislike the idea of it, I just dislike certain fans’ attitude and arrogance. It’s a shame, it can’t be said for all their fans,  they may have a lot more money but they are certainly lacking in class.

Oh yes, if anyone knows about 'class' and 'class systems' it certainly would be the British.  How about the false innuendos about Toronto and the salary cap you have stated they overspent without any tangible proof  on this thread over and over, would that fit your definition of 'class'  Your Lordship?

Archived