halifax away

EQUALIZER

That was a lot better.

I've lost my voice after that. All credit to the lads today.

Superb first half . a bit worrying start of second half and pleased for rob W.

He was getting a bit of stick from his old friends.Good interception which he had to take.

Good old Sykesy with  a scuffed kick to get a draw.

Good turn out from the usual loyal fans.Pleased for them.

I don't like the Halifax programme-the courier.

13 minutes ago, silcoates said:

That was a lot better.

I've lost my voice after that. All credit to the lads today.

Superb first half . a bit worrying start of second half and pleased for rob W.

He was getting a bit of stick from his old friends.Good interception which he had to take.

Good old Sykesy with  a scuffed kick to get a draw.

Cheers Silcoates. I’m assuming Sykes coming back was the difference?

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Didn't expect that !!!

With a single bound, Jack was free !  What the hell's going on ?

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Belief - and most pleasing of all was the spirit to come back after losing 16 points on the spin - I said elsewhere we could pick up points at unexpected places and it is heartening to be able to talk about a good performance - defence still a bit slapdash but huge improvement on recent weeks and the Sykes/Knolwes axis did well. Makes the SB more inviting, keep the faith!

Of course I missed this one: I only go to away games that we lose.

It sounds like a gritty performance, which is very encouraging. The lower parts of the table are going to provide the sort of interest that should be avoided by those of a nervous disposition.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

48 minutes ago, NickD said:

Cheers Silcoates. I’m assuming Sykes coming back was the difference?

I'm sure Paul made a difference but they all along with the new lads had to do  a lot of work.

Halifax are very dangerous team when you let them run as they showed at times.

Sykesy likes a good old chin wag with refs though doesn't he. 

Sykes is one of the best tacklers in the game ..... he is like a limpet ... when he gets hold of the opposition they stay tackled!!  his defensive skills  make a real positive difference!  ... I also thought Wakeman had a good game ... driving hard ... giving us that power presence that we have been missing ..... he did the minutes as well for a guy supposed not to be fit!!... It felt like a win today!! 

Much better. Given recent performances that was a great result and an enjoyable game - as much as the 2nd half's 40mins of nail-biting tension can be described as enjoyable. Rams played well (and 'fax poorly) for us to go into HT 14-0 up, but I don't think anyone thought the lead was big enough. The interception try came at a good time and a big relief in breaking Fax's momentum - otherwise the result might have turned out different. I agree with earlier posts that Sykes & Wakeman made a difference - but there was plenty of good things from others particularly in the 1st half. May and June's fixtures looked difficult but that was a useful, encouraging start. If the team can pick up anything from the next 4 games, it will set us up for a run of "winable" games in July.

On 19 May 2018 at 8:16 AM, Crown Flatter said:

The players may have had a "heart to heart talk", a "clear the air" discussion, but we will still get a thumping I believe.

Halifax 60-10 Dewsbury.

FTS: Sykes.

MoM: Speakman.

Att: 1438

Well I got that completely wrong didn't I, but I am delighted that I did!

Before the game, a Halifax supporter suggested it might be a draw, which, in his opinion, would do them no good as they try to sit with the big boys; my own opinion was that it could be our saviour were it to happen.

Any neutral present must have found this an exciting, enjoyable game. It had a bit of everything, some excellent rugby, daft plays (mostly Halifax), a couple of biffs with the sin binning of Johnston from Halifax and Everett, plus some firm decisions from the referee, Mr Pearson, with one incident put on report. Sykes was his usual talkative self and nearly got a short rest after disagreeing with a TJ's decision and his equalising penalty goal was, well, lucky. I think he slipped as he kicked, but Did the ball go over and between the posts?

In the first half, Dewsbury , playing away from supporyers standing behind the posts played well in the opening minutes with Crowther and Knowles scoring and Brown dropping the ball over the line. Somebody said we bombed another, but I cannot recall that. Halifax certainly bombed some, going over our line three times without scoring and throwing the ball into touch the same number, Grady throwing one of the passes. Dewsbury well worth the half time lead if 14-0.

You knew full well Halifax would be determined to get the upper hand in the second half and it's fair to say they were the best team for most of that period. QLT scored of course and it looked like the parting of the waves as he ran to left, looped around, straightened up and went over. They were building pressure nicely, taking the lead and looking good for another score when Worrincy intercepted around fifty yards out and easily touched down. When they scored close to the end and putting them in front again, at 22-20, it looked like they could score again, but we weathered the storm, worked downfield and a kick on the last tackle was taken by a Fax player who was promptly penalised for being offside and then Sykes' goal.

I was not alone in feeling euphoric after the match as I think we all were, but we lost the penalty count something like 15-9 (eighteen penalties in the first half I made it).

According to the P.A., we had two new players; Dominique Speakman and Lucas Welsh!

Legs, Dews, Legs.

3 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

looking good for another score when Worrincy intercepted around fifty yards out and easily touched down.

I bet he enjoyed that, they were giving him plenty of stick at our place and assume it was the same yesterday!!

Worth a small donation to squadgoals me thinks...Will get onto it...

19 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Does anyone know where the Halifax fan is,oxy? He's not been on for ages.

he does have a peep in here now and again but dont say nowt. shame as i looked forward to some of pre match stuff and he seemed to know who were going to fev before they did..lol.

On 5/21/2018 at 7:11 PM, graham fisher said:

Does anyone know where the Halifax fan is,oxy? He's not been on for ages.

I think he was given some uncalled for stick on one of the forums, and decided to join the other one - could be wrong though. Agree with SB, it's a pity.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

4 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

I think he was given some uncalled for stick on one of the forums, and decided to join the other one - could be wrong though. Agree with SB, it's a pity.

He does post still on the Fax forum under the usual name he uses on there. But its not my business to identify him but he does seem OK.

Archived