19 May: SL MW: Widnes Vikings v St Helens KO 3pm (TV)

Who will win?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Widnes Vikings
    • St Helens
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/05/18 at 14:00

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A battling 1st half from the Vikings buoyed by their showing against Leeds but Saints to pull away in the 2nd half having too much pace in the backs for Widnes to contain on a big pitch. 

12-6 at HT

42-10 at FT

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

This game highlights why we need to change how we choose the fixtures. I would go with 1 V 2 3 V 4  5 V 6 etc

We would have well matched games and it would be fairer for the final table. For example Wigan could hardly complain if they lost the league leaders to Saints if they lost to them at Newcastle but may have a point with Saints having the relatively easy fixture v Widnes

The placings could be worked from say 4 rounds earlier or even the previous seasons placings

Surprised anyone is anticipating anything other than a cricket score here....white hot saints vs a sputtering widnes team incapable of putting in an 80min performance....tempted to go and watch newcastle v exeter in the bar instead!

1 minute ago, chuffer said:

Surprised anyone is anticipating anything other than a cricket score here....white hot saints vs a sputtering widnes team incapable of putting in an 80min performance....tempted to go and watch newcastle v exeter in the bar instead!

By 28 ... England cricket score 

11 hours ago, chuffer said:

tempted to go and watch newcastle v exeter in the bar instead!

What will they be playing..darts or dominoes?

Sadly I think this won't be very close.

Skints 48 Chemics 8.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

As a Saints fan, we went into last year’s game with Hull FC at Newcastle expecting a battling display but ultimately, a defeat. We were then treated with the best 80 minutes rugby we’d seen from a Saints side in a long, long time. Freed from the shackles placed on us by Kieron Cunningham, a man obsessed with weight-lifting and “the grind”. 

I’m digressing but my point is, we expected little last year and got a superb win and I’m sure Widnes fans are expecting a defeat too, but this isn’t a forgone conclusion. 

We’ve not played well the last couple of weeks. Catalans was an utterly dire game on the whole and there’s very little to talk about from that game and Cas at the weekend wasn’t much better.

Cas had a weakened side out because of injuries but did have a fair amount of ball in the first half. Although Cas didn’t look dangerous or like scoring, they still put us under some pressure and I imagine Widnes will look to do the same. Attacking wise, we didn’t look too much better. The first two tries were opportunistic, one was settled by the bounce of a ball and the other a clever pass by Ben Barba. We saw some more individual brilliance from Barba but on the whole our attack didn’t look great and seemed disjointed and clunky. We made a number of daft errors and made some poor decisions both in attack and defence at Cas so there’s stuff to improve on. 

Most will see this as a bit of a walkover and though I think we’ll beat Widnes, I have a feeling it will be closer than envisaged. 

Saints by 22. 

9 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

As a Saints fan, we went into last year’s game with Hull FC at Newcastle expecting a battling display but ultimately, a defeat.

Nah, sorry, don't remember that.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Archived