Robert Elstone new SL Head

Do you reckon Orville gets to go to the Everton board meetings, or does he have to wait outside?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

6 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Now CEO of the RFL or CEO of Super League?.

Why has no communique been released to confirm or deny this?

Our PR is bad its worse than embarrassing.

a) it is poor form of Everton to announce this

b ) what does it matter whether it was announced yesterday or next week?

Not bothered who announces this but it highlights an issue with this supposed RFL v SL turf war.

If there has been a SL ‘coup’, they are going to need new media outlets and comms.

Presently Red Hall-based (and MediaCity office sharing) Super League Europe is joined at the hip with the RFL. 

Does Super League even have a separate website?  

I do think we are being unduly harsh here, and I am not one to stick up for the SLE organisation, who I hope pull their finger out.

Just like Wigan last week when they pretty much announced that Tomkins would be signing for Catalans, Everton have behaved poorly in announcing the detail of Elstone's next move. 

But then maybe Elstone just isn't that bothered about this and is comfortable announcing it formally on his own terms.

Disappointing that the official announcement comes via Everton FC but lack of communication from the RFL is par for the course. However in their defence, this isn't a RFL appointment. Presumably someone representing the SL clubs should have said something. Not sure what what has happened to the comment by the Chairman of Hull FC about SL making a big statement and being competetive with RU. Seems to have all fizzled out.

4 minutes ago, SaintGeoff said:

Disappointing that the official announcement comes via Everton FC but lack of communication from the RFL is par for the course. However in their defence, this isn't a RFL appointment. Presumably someone representing the SL clubs should have said something. Not sure what what has happened to the comment by the Chairman of Hull FC about SL making a big statement and being competetive with RU. Seems to have all fizzled out.

Is that a surprise? SLE has a long record of talking massive and planning tiny. Here is the statement for anyone wondering.

Archived