Five changes in 19-man squad

Dave Naylor

What is everyone predicting & hoping?

I optimistic of 80 points.  I hoping for 100+. The squad has the capability, plus it would help the pts diff.

Scott rarely seems to have a problem with complacency, so hopefully that isn't a worry.

We went over three times against Hemel where the tries were disallowed.  I'd hoped for a bigger score than 74-6 but as was said back in the bar afterwards, the total was probably about par.

Last week WW Raiders were 0-58 down against Donny in the second-half before they scored themselves in the 54th minute.  The two teams then traded a pair of tries each until the 80 minutes were up.  To me that looks like the visitors taking their foot off the gas and WW Raiders taking advantage.

I'd like us to better the 80 points scored against Blackwood in 2010 and also better the points difference if they score.  Then I can keep myself amused updating Wikipedia etc :)

AFAIK the most tries scored in a game for us is seven.  Tries: 7 James Miller (v Barry, 31/10/1908). Let's beat that too.

Most goals in a match: Goals:14 Bernard Ganley (v Liverpool City, 04/04/59).  Let's have that while we're at it.

Most points in a match: 

Andy Ballard (v London Skolars, 02/05/2009)
Chris Baines (v Hunslet, 20/09/2009)
Lewis Palfrey (v Hemel 09/08/2015)

Let's go for the full house.

All a bit of fun of course and WW Raiders may well have other ideas on the back of their second-half recovery last week.

2 points will do :)

Oh eck, what if it all goes Pete Tong and I'm present at that defeat we'll always want to forget. 

No, that's not going to happen.

On 18/05/2018 at 4:33 PM, m brooksy said:

I'd go with Johnson, Eccleston, McComb, Reid, West, Owen, Hewitt, Joy, Wilkinson, Spencer, Bridge, Langtree, Bent. subs: Briscoe, Jones, Hughes, Nelmes.

No point resting anybody with a week off coming up.

You very nearly got it exactly right ?

There was talk of records being broken given recent results at York and Bradford but travelling away on a long journey, a warm day and with squad changes I am more than happy with 14 tries and nilling the opposition. Great result and can't wait for the Doncaster game.

Archived