Summer Bash

doggystyle

2 nights b and b booked (Saturday and Sunday).....but only watching the Batley game......might have one or two beers..... I always like to bob in the Ardwick at some point......but Sunday night its always hard to find anyone still around....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

I admire; sorry accept the rfls idea of replicatating the magic weekend for our championship but the crowds and excitement seem to wallow every year.

Blackpool. Really?

Stadium too big by the looks of it and there only seems the ideology that it' a derby/rivalry on the road. 

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

2 hours ago, doggystyle said:

Rumoured to be the last one...

Having watched rugby league backchat with Mark Campbell fev chairman and Neil Hudgell HKR chairman I doubt it will as they both support Magic and Summer bash weekends.. both agreed it’s switching places and more marketing and a different fixtures list

20 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

Having watched rugby league backchat with Mark Campbell fev chairman and Neil Hudgell HKR chairman I doubt it will as they both support Magic and Summer bash weekends.. both agreed it’s switching places and more marketing and a different fixtures list

No comparison - magic weekend weekend in Newcastle is a great event in a big stadium in a thrilling city. Blackpool is dire and lifeless.

I’ll watch the Batley game on tv.

5 hours ago, doggystyle said:

Just wondered who was planning on attending this year's Bash. We are going Saturday to Monday, taking in all the games except the Fev v Bradford womens tie. 

I am planning on going and staying Saturday night

IMG_0583.JPG

Think our trips to Blackpool peaked in 2010.  Personally not been back since to watch rugby.  Don’t want to tarnish the memory.

Does anyone remember playing Oldham there about 15 years ago? 

9 hours ago, LINNERS said:

Think our trips to Blackpool peaked in 2010.  Personally not been back since to watch rugby.  Don’t want to tarnish the memory.

Does anyone remember playing Oldham there about 15 years ago? 

Yes Batley came back from 20 odd down to win 48-28 

shad royston came off the bench 

13 hours ago, Dogstew said:

No comparison - magic weekend weekend in Newcastle is a great event in a big stadium in a thrilling city. Blackpool is dire and lifeless.

I’ll watch the Batley game on tv.

Magic weekend is rumoured to be back to eithad in 2019 with RFL headquarters been there maybe we will see the summer bash move somewhere different Bristol or something 

9 hours ago, bromleybulldog said:

Probably Oldham having one of their periodic disputes with Oldham Athletic

I'm sure it was due to work been done on the pitch at Boundary Park ... but why they chose blackpool no idea, went to the game and what a 2nd half comeback when looked dead and buried at half time

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

On 5/18/2018 at 5:41 PM, RogerT said:

Nothing wrong with watching Batley it's the rest of the dross I don't want to watch.

Well it would be a bit one sided if the Rams weren't there to make you look good.  :ohmy:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Ok,ok GOR, I'll amend my quote, the rest of the dross are the other matches in the Summer Bash, Batley and Dewsbury ok.

7 minutes ago, RogerT said:

Ok,ok GOR, I'll amend my quote, the rest of the dross are the other matches in the Summer Bash, Batley and Dewsbury ok.

I think the Batley - Dewsbury match there last season came close to the dictionary definition of dross! 

Archived