Bookies corner

White Knight

Well after a weekend of fairly one sided encounters we have one where several games could go either way, with a few potential upsets on the cards.

On Friday Thunder kick off against the Bulls with 20 start. Will a big crowd of neutrals routing for the home side make the difference and send the Bulls to their second league defeat of the season? We’ll have to wait and see.

On to Saturday and the Skolars take on Haven with the home side getting 12 start, indicating a close one, but can’t see anything other than a comfortable away win. West Wales get 64 start at home to Oldham, and they’ll probably need every one of them.

Perhaps the closest of the ties see’s North Wales take on the Cougars with Keighley giving the home side 8. A win for the Welshmen would leave the Cougars in a mid-table position. Donny entertain the Hawks in what could be an intriguing tie. The Hawks receive 16 points but we know they can perform and could they just have enough in the tank to upset a Doncaster side without influential playmaker Liam Harris? Possibly so.

Coventry get 24 at home to Worky and if the home side can perform for longer than the 20 minutes they did at home to the Knights they may well get closer, but expect Worky to be too strong.

And finally the Knights at home to Hemel. Hemel get 66 start. Will we get a complete performance like West Wales or a Jekyll and Hyde performance similar to the games at Hunslet and Coventry? If we can again rise to the occasion I would expect to see us sitting pretty at the top of the table come 4:45.

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, White Knight said:

Well after a weekend of fairly one sided encounters we have one where several games could go either way, with a few potential upsets on the cards.

On Friday Thunder kick off against the Bulls with 20 start. Will a big crowd of neutrals routing for the home side make the difference and send the Bulls to their second league defeat of the season? We’ll have to wait and see.

On to Saturday and the Skolars take on Haven with the home side getting 12 start, indicating a close one, but can’t see anything other than a comfortable away win. West Wales get 64 start at home to Oldham, and they’ll probably need every one of them.

Perhaps the closest of the ties see’s North Wales take on the Cougars with Keighley giving the home side 8. A win for the Welshmen would leave the Cougars in a mid-table position. Donny entertain the Hawks in what could be an intriguing tie. The Hawks receive 16 points but we know they can perform and could they just have enough in the tank to upset a Doncaster side without influential playmaker Liam Harris? Possibly so.

Coventry get 24 at home to Worky and if the home side can perform for longer than the 20 minutes they did at home to the Knights they may well get closer, but expect Worky to be too strong.

And finally the Knights at home to Hemel. Will we get a complete performance like West Wales or a Jekyll and Hyde performance similar to the games at Hunslet and Coventry? If we can again rise to the occasion I would expect to see us sitting pretty at the top of the table come 4:45.

So what start  are we giving away 

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

4 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Bulls won 24 . 16.

John kear will not be happy , fancy us to win at odsal  , that will put the cat amongst the pigeon's.

Up the promotion chasing g kneets???

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Oldham have 20 start, think thats a big start.

Me too. I hope we don't suffer the same syndrome Workington appeared to have had yesterday after getting themselves up for the big game against us last week. I see they shipped 50 points at Newcastle! It's amazing how often that can happen after an important game the week before.

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped betting some years ago after losing a small fortune on Barrow Raiders vs Newcastle of all matches! So I don't pay much attention but what were the odds for Bradford at the start of the season?

Archived