Bookies corner

White Knight

11 minutes ago, White Knight said:

Not seen the odds for today’s games but looks to be a fair few that are almost too close to call. You’d have to go for Toronto and perhaps Swinton and Dewsbury, but a little tricky after that. Who is your money on?

Halifax v Bradford

Barrow v Toronto

Swinton v Rochdale

Widnes v Leigh

Sheffield v Toulouse

Fev v York

Dewsbury v Batley.

All away wins.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, White Knight said:

Not seen the odds for today’s games but looks to be a fair few that are almost too close to call. You’d have to go for Toronto and perhaps Swinton and Dewsbury, but a little tricky after that. Who is your money on?

Halifax v Bradford

Barrow v Toronto

Swinton v Rochdale

Widnes v Leigh

Sheffield v Toulouse

Fev v York

Dewsbury v Batley.

Fax, Toronto,Swinton,Widnes, Toulouse, Knights and Dewsbury. They would all be good results for the Knights as well. With Coral, York are 11/5 to win outright. That seems overly generous to me.

Very nearly won my accumulator, stupidly went for Leeds to beat Wakefield, the only one of 12 teams to let me down! My partner is reminding me she told me to go with Wakefield....she's right I'm wrong as always.

Did however put money on Sheffield to win by more than 12 at Rochdale, don't know what the bookmakers were thinking there, 3rd place Sheffield were coming off the back of a fantastic win over Toulouse, playing bottom of the table Rochdale who will struggle to pick up another win this season. What a special, memorable day ?

With Rochdale bringing in 5 new players, 4 from S/L clubs who will be playing for contracts for next year wont be the easybeats we all think they will be, plus they have a new coach who will bring fresh ideas to the squad, lets hope it takes a while for them to gel, Knights by 10.

Well, as we approach the half way point of the season I thought i’d recap on what the bookies said before a ball was kicked/passed and see how things have worked out in reality. Think these odds were with Sky Bet:

Toronto 5/4 favourites. Currently top +/- 0 places.

Widnes 4/1 second favourites. Currently sat in 11th with a game in hand (with 12 point deduction) - 9 places, or without deduction, - 3 places.

Toulouse 8/1 third favourites. Currently in second. + 1 place.

Bradford 10/1 joint fourth favourites. Currently in sixth. - 2 places.

Halifax 10/1 joint fourth favourites. Currently in eight. - 4 places.

Leigh 10/1 joint fourth favourites. Currently in fifth. - 1 place.

Featherstone 16/1 seventh favourites. Currently in seventh. +/- 0 places.

York 20/1 eighth favourites. Currently sat in third. + 5 places.

Barrow 100/1 joint ninth favourites. Currently sat in 13th. - 4 places.

Batley 100/1 joint ninth favourites. Currently sat in 9th. +/- 0 places.

Dewsbury 100/1 joint ninth favourites. Currently sat in 10th with a game in hand. - 1 place.

Sheffield 100/1 joint ninth favourites. Currently sat in 4th with a game in hand. + 5 places.

Rochdale 250/1 joint thirteenth favourites. Currently sat in 14th with a game in hand. - 1 place.

Swinton. 250/1 joint thirteenth favourites. Currently sat in 12th. + 1 place.

So, what is pretty clear is the the bookies were not far off at all. The biggest achievers to date are York and Sheffield, but in the case if the Knights the second half of the season looks tougher as we will start it with a long injury list and face a greater proportion of away games. Biggest under achievers to date are Halifax and Barrow.

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

• 2 weeks later...

Skybet have the Knights as 10/1 fifth favourites for the 1895 Cup.  Attractive odds given the season to date.  Leigh 3/1 favourites - surely Fev are the form team!  Anyway, get on now and you could cover the cost of your trip to Wembley!

On 29/05/2019 at 09:02, BridKnight said:

Skybet have the Knights as 10/1 fifth favourites for the 1895 Cup.  Attractive odds given the season to date.  Leigh 3/1 favourites - surely Fev are the form team!  Anyway, get on now and you could cover the cost of your trip to Wembley!

Fev are taking a weakened squad to Widnes. But no excuses. York have had it tough also recently and come up with some good efforts.

Archived