Batley v Dewsbury

RogerT

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Rumour as it both Patch Walker and Brad Day are out,I don't like to wish injuries on anyone but I hope it's true.

4 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Rumour as it both Patch Walker and Brad Day are out,I don't like to wish injuries on anyone but I hope it's true.

19 hours ago, phildog said:

Glad Holland fit, need big game from him  he was just kicking into gear when he got injured. Captain will be Walker, he'll play, otherwise pointless naming him, but will he play at 6 or 13, that would leave either of the 2 new guys needing a big day at 6. As Cookie said, in all seriousness it's a derby, no rules here, hope we win but don't see a big score, us by around 24-16, certainly no more than 10 in it. Rams draw with Halifax has put a whole new slant on it, broken their bad streak, and we often seem to be the sacrifice to teams in that position. 100% effort all round and we'll win, regardless of thd 17 selected, drop off like last week and we're gone.

Walker might be in the 19 for the reason that we needed 19 to make up the squad. Or it could be he has recovered from what looked quite a serious injury.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

Solid first half too strong for them up the middle. Looking good keep it up boys 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Refs are destroying this game... 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

7 minutes ago, Chairman LMAO said:

TBF, I've seen a lot worse than him this season. We were always gonna struggle today with so many first teamers out.

Smith is poor as always.

Only funny part is plenty of Dewsbury pond life on tv - all crooked teef and getting excited.

Dewsbury’s cup final.

18 minutes ago, Eric Bristow said:

An absolutely shocking refereeing display there. One try resultant of the most blatant obstruction I've seen in my life, and I'm still none the wiser as to what the winning penalty was given for. 

Penalty was for a player not being onside at play the ball, stood in front of the ball player, and then eventually taking the ball when he did eventually get onside. Offside, penalty! I initially thought there was an obstruction for the try but when it was played back Day went nowhere near the possible obstruction.He came the other way. 

24 minutes ago, Chairman LMAO said:

Congratulations to Dewsbury. You scraped home by 2 points against Batley reserves.

Dewsbury 20 - Batley 18. We all have injuries. Just unfortunate you had a few today. It's part time RL for Rams and Dogs. It's the nature of the beast.

14 minutes ago, YOUNG UN said:

Dewsbury 20 - Batley 18. We all have injuries. Just unfortunate you had a few today. It's part time RL for Rams and Dogs. It's the nature of the beast.

A few?!!! LOL. Aye, alright. Let's see how you get on when those "few" are available next time we meet.

Injuries, no injuries, not the point. Other than new lad Butterworth everyone on the field were season- long Batley players, part of a squad which is supposed to be there to fill gaps in such eventualities. Everyone was capable of doing the job they needed to and simply they didn't. Tackling was appalling, 2 tries gifted through not doing the basics of tackling men and legs rather than shoulders and shirts, passing was slow, predictable and lacked vision, game-management was absent, lots of chances to take drop-goals and retain possession, we would have won by a point had we taken the 3 clear opportunities which everyone sat within 2 yards of the coach were begging for. Far too easy for Dewsbury to spot and keep us quiet, I hear the rubbing of hands in Halifax from Blackpool, sorry everyone but that was just appalling, got what we deserved, no excuses.

9 minutes ago, Chairman LMAO said:

A few?!!! LOL. Aye, alright. Let's see how you get on when those "few" are available next time we meet.

Totally different game next time we meet. Who knows who will be available and what kind of form each team will be in. I'll enjoy the 2 points  from today but I still think tough times ahead for both teams, full strength or not.

1 hour ago, Chairman LMAO said:

Congratulations to Dewsbury. You scraped home by 2 points against Batley reserves.

Very gracious of you Chairman but not quite in character is it?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, RogerT said:

Radio Leeds commentators where waxing lyrical about Sowerby and Butterworth.

Nothing against the lad but can't really remember seeing Sowerby doing much during the game.  Probably completely wrong though.

Thought Butterworth showed the impetuosity(?) of youth - had no fear just went for it and got us on the front foot.

I've got to agree with the comments about not taking the drop goal opportunities. Should've done it with 15 to go to put pressure on them. They never put pressure on any of our kicks today, but the quality wasn't up to scratch anyway. We looked a leaderless outfit out there today, Sykes the difference between the sides.

Archived