Batley v Dewsbury

RogerT

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, phildog said:

Young Faz at full- back? He's flourishing in the halves now, crisp, direct passing which we haven't had for a while, hard to put down when he's dancing, leave him in the halves, at 19 he has to have the beating of 35 yr old Sykes and maybe Speakman. I'm really surprised that we haven't gone into the loan market for wings 5 weeks ago, several knocking around who aren't getting games, JC still not in the frame, should have gone for Caro when the rumour abounded. Add Bravo to the injured list, are we ever going to see him play? Agreed with giving him this season, but then to go down again looks like the back of him.

We are missing three wingers due to injury and "personal reasons."

I doubt we'll get anyone on loan. Dave Scott played for Doncaster on the wing (and occasionally for us), has pace and can defend. So I think he's the best option for us under the current situation.

This leaves a vacancy at full back, which I suggest could be filled by Little Farrell. He'd still be able to link into the attack and weave his magic when the opportunity arises.

If, however, Dogfather is correct and both Brambani and Walker are unavailable, then I agree with you - Little Farrell should remain in the halves. I'd still have Scott on the wing - not sure who would play fb.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

Our other choices at FB would have been Campbell or Rettie, nobody else around who is as sound as Scotty. If necessary put Lewis on the wing and Sam at centre. However if both Dom and Patch are missing who's going in the halves? My guess would be either Davey or Leak. Nobody best turn up with a pair of boots......we're going to have to be on top of everything to pull this off, despite certain Rams fans (BSJ!!) wanting 40 start!!

Thornton will play on the wing he's done OK before. I too would like to see Bravo play...

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Mauny always looks fit and eager but I'm not sure disco would slot in at 9. Then again look at kieron Cunningham in super league saints days

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

On 5/22/2018 at 7:06 AM, Piggy's mate said:

Not going to be too easy imo but I think we'll beat them by more than two scores

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

23 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

After hearing more about our injuries, I really can't see how we will win this one. If what I have heard is correct, we will be without Brambani, Walker, Brown, Manning, Ainscough, Rettie, Lillicrop and Holland. Apparently Davey also picked up a knock and is doubtful as well.

I'd have a fiver on Dewsbury off scratch, based on that we have no chance.

I presume Hemmingway will come in, but it will be a case of, if you can walk, you're in the 17.

We're used to fielding 17 players who can walk, but only just - so we're in with a chance. :rolleyes:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

So as I understand it obstruction (blocking) is now permissible 

We already mark out the pitches in 10 yard strips

So why not go the “whole hog”

Dress up the players in tin hats and shoulder pads and call the cup final the Super Bowl and we have a different game entirely 

Pathetic

15 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Thornton will play on the wing he's done OK before. I too would like to see Bravo play...

Think it would be a step backwards bringing Thornton back on the wing

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

On 5/22/2018 at 7:46 PM, phildog said:

Young Faz at full- back? He's flourishing in the halves now, crisp, direct passing which we haven't had for a while, hard to put down when he's dancing, leave him in the halves, at 19 he has to have the beating of 35 yr old Sykes and maybe Speakman. I'm really surprised that we haven't gone into the loan market for wings 5 weeks ago, several knocking around who aren't getting games, JC still not in the frame, should have gone for Caro when the rumour abounded. Add Bravo to the injured list, are we ever going to see him play? Agreed with giving him this season, but then to go down again looks like the back of him.

Agreed about loan signings. The injury crisis in the backs has now hit the forwards, and squad strengthening should probably have been addressed mid - April by searching availability in the loan market. Even more crucial now.

11 hours ago, Dogs Bawls said:

So as I understand it obstruction (blocking) is now permissible 

We already mark out the pitches in 10 yard strips

So why not go the “whole hog”

Dress up the players in tin hats and shoulder pads and call the cup final the Super Bowl and we have a different game entirely 

Pathetic

You clearly don't understand very well at all - the references above relate to the video referee, not the actual referee.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I understand perfectly johnny

Referees totally ignore blocking and have been constantly shown up to do so by the the video

Makes no difference as the video referee also usually also allows blocking

I agree with the decision as it saves time and removes the embarrassment of referees both on field and video of justifying ignoring and misinterpreting the the rules   

Bring on the tin hats 

13 hours ago, ernieone said:

Think it would be a step backwards bringing Thornton back on the wing

Disagree Ernie. More like a step sideways . ??

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

I have advocated going into the loan market for a winger since early season when first Ainy got injured, now we have neither of our opening halves, and we bring in a lad from a division below who isn't playing there! We always though that we were super loaded with forwards as well, now we're struggling to put 17 on the field. Heads in sand won't make this go away. Don't see this weekend being much of a bash for us.

9 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

According to the press 

Cowling unavailabile, Davey calf, Dom 6-12 weeks, Patch calf 50/50, Hemingway ill 50/50, Ainy season over with ankle ligaments, reittie season, 4-6 with Dane browny and Lillycrop 

so do we have 17 up for selection 

Heard Brad Day is injured too?

Tbh I still think you'll have too much for us.

Batley by 8

Archived