Batley, Summer Bash

andyram

Looking forward to going to this game. Hopefully the weather will be as good as last week's Magic Weekend in Newcastle.

Expecting a defeat, but as long as we show the same fighting spirit in the Halifax game, who knows.

Did we pick up any injuries after the Halifax game?, has Mr Moore played his last game for us ?

3 hours ago, andyram said:

Looking forward to going to this game. Hopefully the weather will be as good as last week's Magic Weekend in Newcastle.

Expecting a defeat, but as long as we show the same fighting spirit in the Halifax game, who knows.

Did we pick up any injuries after the Halifax game?, has Mr Moore played his last game for us ?

According to Peter Smith the rugby league reporter for Yorkshire evening post, Glover is a doubt with concusssion, and Worrincy is a doubt with a bicep injury.

11 hours ago, JimbobRam said:

According to Peter Smith the rugby league reporter for Yorkshire evening post, Glover is a doubt with concusssion, and Worrincy is a doubt with a bicep injury.

Worrincy has nowt wrong with his legs, and can use the other arm to run & catch the ball. ;)

Can you afford one though?

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Batley fans jabbering about being riddled with injuries. How surprised would we be to learn of some miraculous recoveries?

They will still be clear favourites.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Batley fans jabbering about being riddled with injuries. How surprised would we be to learn of some miraculous recoveries?

They will still be clear favourites.

9 lads out, some for weeks but 3 out for season by sounds a things.:sorry:

26 minutes ago, EQUALIZER said:

know how you feel mate we had our 3 main ball players out at your gaff.

That's strange Tranquiliser I thought you were Dewsburys biggest ball fiddler!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Let's hope the lads can take last week's fine result and the confidence to get a great result on Sunday against our arch rivals.

Dewsbury 20-18 Batley

FTS: Brown
MoM: Guzdek
Att: 6306 (total for all three matches obviously)

I would wish for a greater margin of victory, but I don't think we are quite there yet.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

26 minutes ago, EQUALIZER said:

In truth with their supposed injury list we should put em away easy but it is their must win fixture.

not really a must win for me,,so long as its a good game with end to end stuff and plenty a biff am sorted.i wont be going home with a long face if we lose as it should be a cracking game and a few sherberts too along the way. both teams have to keep their eye on the big fish and build up ready for a few more upsets against top 4 tabletoppers. :beach:

1 minute ago, RogerT said:

A weird observation about Sunday, who would you pick as captain seeing as nearly all the senior players are injured.

scotty,he does plenty a shouting anyways,hope hes at FB to run things from the back.rowie can get his points over on the pitch too:punish:

1 hour ago, silverback said:

not really a must win for me,,so long as its a good game with end to end stuff and plenty a biff am sorted.i wont be going home with a long face if we lose as it should be a cracking game and a few sherberts too along the way. both teams have to keep their eye on the big fish and build up ready for a few more upsets against top 4 tabletoppers. :beach:

Same here we both let the H.W down last year performance wise.. Last on  means a good bit of friendly banter. Lets all have a good weekend.

19 hours ago, EQUALIZER said:

In truth with their supposed injury list we should put em away easy but it is their must win fixture.

Or is it the HW Cup Final?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Looks a strong enough side to me and no BSJ no miraculous recoveries! Rettie, Ainscough, Brambani, Lillycrop, Manning, Brown, Cowling, Davey, Hemingway, Bravo still out. Not expecting much out of this game, settle for a draw!!

14 minutes ago, phildog said:

Looks a strong enough side to me and no BSJ no miraculous recoveries! Rettie, Ainscough, Brambani, Lillycrop, Manning, Brown, Cowling, Davey, Hemingway, Bravo still out. Not expecting much out of this game, settle for a draw!!

I must admit, that's a long injury list. Looks like you need a conditioner. ?

13 hours ago, andyram said:

DeHRW71X0AAau4U.jpeg

Having watched the Halifax game against Fev yesterday it makes our draw against them look more credible.

I think today's game will be close,only one score in it.

My team.

Guzdek

Potts

Glover

Hallett

Morton

Sykes

Speakman

Wakeman

Ward

Teanby

Knowles