Batley, Summer Bash

andyram

Batley 10 Dewsbury 20

Think our depleted side will be too weak in the halfbacks.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Good first half once we got into it...

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

A must win against a batley side with lots of first teamers out.

Igi. and wakeman past two weeks have made a difference.

I think igi might be up before  the beak this week for a slap on a fax.player last week.

nobody has mentioned moore has he gone for good?

Good to see sam the mole get one of his specials.    

5 minutes ago, silcoates said:

A must win against a batley side with lots of first teamers out.

Igi. and wakeman past two weeks have made a difference.

I think igi might be up before  the beak this week for a slap on a fax.player last week.

nobody has mentioned moore has he gone for good?

I do hope that his sponsor got a mention. (I don't have to keep mentioning on MY sig line two years after the event though PM.)

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, silcoates said:

It's amazing that teams still don't cotton on to this. It's been his party trick since he came into the league, he even scored against the likes of Castleford and Catalans when he was at Fev. You'd think every opposing coach would hammer it into their teams to watch him like a hawk at the PTB near thier own goal line but fair play to him for still getting it done.

Congratulations on the win. I had a feeling you might do It, I remembered last year and the challenge cup game. 

It is always very disappointing for me when Batley lose. Especially on tv and by a close margin. However we got 2 good wins against Rochdale so it's been a good few weeks and for you too.

Best wishes.

End to end stuff. The "missed tackle syndrome" requires attention. Could easily have had the game ripped from them if Crowther had not hung onto the shirt tails of, I believe, Farrel as he was about to cross. Gutsy performance. You have  real star in Igbinedion. Will not be with you long when word gets around. Well done.

On 5/25/2018 at 1:31 PM, Crown Flatter said:

Let's hope the lads can take last week's fine result and the confidence to get a great result on Sunday against our arch rivals.

Dewsbury 20-18 Batley

FTS: Brown
MoM: Guzdek
Att: 6306 (total for all three matches obviously)

I would wish for a greater margin of victory, but I don't think we are quite there yet.

OK mystic Meg, would you please pm me with next week's results.  Thanks

6 hours ago, saddleworth said:

End to end stuff. The "missed tackle syndrome" requires attention. Could easily have had the game ripped from them if Crowther had not hung onto the shirt tails of, I believe, Farrel as he was about to cross. Gutsy performance. You have  real star in Igbinedion. Will not be with you long when word gets around. Well done.

Lost him to Fev first time round, and they obviously didn't rate him. Sheffield must have felt the same. Personally I do think he could do a fair job in SL, but I'm hoping he gives us a few years first.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

I think the game was enjoyable - but really it was just too tense to truely enjoy. Neither we nor the Dog's are that good, but I was so pleased with a decent game and a Rams win, especially building on the point at 'fax, and very pleased with Daniel I's performance - not just for his great try which came just at the right time, but also how he kept at his own game and dealt with Farrell's constant niggle (- Is there some history there that I'm not aware of - or was it just Farrell being Farrell?).

Finally, for all the criticism of the Summer Bash on the main site, and our own coach's reservations about the event, I really enjoyed the trip again - and it was great to see plenty from Dewsbury and Batley there - I hope the Bash continues.

29 minutes ago, XIII Ram said:

I think the game was enjoyable - but really it was just too tense to truely enjoy. Neither we nor the Dog's are that good, but I was so pleased with a decent game and a Rams win, especially building on the point at 'fax, and very pleased with Daniel I's performance - not just for his great try which came just at the right time, but also how he kept at his own game and dealt with Farrell's constant niggle (- Is there some history there that I'm not aware of - or was it just Farrell being Farrell?).

Finally, for all the criticism of the Summer Bash on the main site, and our own coach's reservations about the event, I really enjoyed the trip again - and it was great to see plenty from Dewsbury and Batley there - I hope the Bash continues.

The problem with the BB is that it can give a biased outcome to league tables that affect the incomes of vulnerable clubs. If the fixtures were generated randomly or even according to a set formula then maybe that might be better but just choosing fixtures because they might be the more "spicey" ones is lacking in true consideration, in my opinion. Far too much might be hanging upon the results of these artificially generated fixtures.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

19 hours ago, Bi11 said:

OK mystic Meg, would you please pm me with next week's results.  Thanks

Didn't I do well!

I am usually the worst at predicting, so if I were you, I would not accept any lottery numbers from me.

On numerous occasions Bi11 I have suggested that we have made a wrong move, only to see us score. Even on Sunday I said Sammut wouldn't score a try, but he did; well I further said he would not get his usual hat trick - so I was correct there.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

13 minutes ago, Bi11 said:

You cannot be as bad as me.  The classic is "TAKE THE TWO POINTS!", "Why didn't they take the two points?", "TRY".

Not forgetting "Come on the Dreadnaughts!".

Archived