London Broncos Game

CanadianRugger

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, OldManMarley said:

Your arrogance on other teams forums is a disgrace and you should show some respect to the teams and fans that have made this game what it is!

I've never been on another teams forum and disrespected anyone yet numerous people have come on here and have very disrespectful. Plenty of people have made it very clear that Toronto is not welcome.  I would point you to those posts but the mods have done a very good job of deleting them.

46 minutes ago, OldManMarley said:

The utter garbage that people are having to read on their own forums from people who have watched the game for 5mins is appalling so I’m getting mine in.

I think you will find very few have gone onto other teams' forums, it's much more of a problem of folks like you coming onto ours.

47 minutes ago, OldManMarley said:

I have played rugby league for 25 years and watched it for over 55 years so I’m entitled to my opinion.

Exactly the attitudes that holds the sport back. It is a game, not something you have to "do your time" to own an opinion. Everyone should be free to join and share a view. This is how you get new fans, something RL desperately needs.

Look at the new NHL Las Vagus expansion team. They went straight to the Stanley cup final in their first year with new fans (and no local players).  This what you have to do to grow the sport, accept new fans and their opinions and hope they are successful. Instead of being a miserable gït when new supporters dare to have an opinion.

RL is the greatest game on earth..given that statement more people should be playing/watching/supporting regardless of where they are in the world. And if people like our owner David Argyle want to put money into developing teams people can rally around in support of the aforementioned goal does it really matter where the players come from?.simple answer - no. Let's not screw it up by engaging in silly arguments that really don't get us anywhere. 

3 hours ago, OldManMarley said:

When are you lot going to field some Canadian players so this farce becomes a little less stupid or are you just going to continue with British players and Aussies!?

We have made all the Brits and Aussies new honorary Canadians and they have accepted...we also like the Islanders and everybody else.  we are Canadians so we like everybody and all are welcome to join us in our 'good thing'.

We're not the best country in the whole dang wide world for nothing you know.

48 minutes ago, bird said:

GB won Olympic ice hockey Gold in 1936 with an all Canadian team.

what has that got to do with the price of fish ??

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

8 hours ago, OldManMarley said:

Your arrogance on other teams forums is a disgrace and you should show some respect to the teams and fans that have made this game what it is!

The utter garbage that people are having to read on their own forums from people who have watched the game for 5mins is appalling so I’m getting mine in. I have played rugby league for 25 years and watched it for over 55 years so I’m entitled to my opinion.

If England were to produce a Baseball Team or an Ice Hockey team who had incredible amount of funding and had some initial short term success I don’t believe for once second that fans of that team would begin to lay the law down on a sport they know very little about? 

I’m sure you aren’t all bad, I’ve been to Toronto myself to watch Pittsburgh play the Leafs and it was a great experience but there are a few individuals from yourselves on this forum that are incredibly arrogant and show a complete lack of respect for the fans of other teams.

You come from an affluent city, some of these teams that people from this forum are having a go at are run down areas, they have suffered and feel hard done to by a governing body (RFL) that has never shown value in the work they do. It is not easy to see someone come in with a cheque book sign whoever they want and then have fans parade it infront of people with an arrogance that some of you have.

Im more than happy with all my previous comments and I had a very fortunate privileged up bringing considering the time. My parents were fantastic people and they made sure of that, so I can assure you, the words I write are of no fault of theres. 

That’s one gold medal quality whinge.

13 hours ago, OldManMarley said:

Las Vegas.

Have an opinion, I aren’t too fussed on that. Just don’t get peoples backs up.

I’ve come on here as a retaliation. Just defending what I think is right.

You must be a big star on the 'Soaps'

Player of the world's smallest violin.

5 hours ago, CanadianRugger said:

You must be a big star on the 'Soaps'

Player of the world's smallest violin.

I swear to God I would put money on it....sounds like a Leigh fan.

1 hour ago, Bearman said:

Well I like you. In fact I have never heard a bad word from anyone in Coventry about what you are doing.

Why thank you....awful nice of you to say so.

41 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Why thank you....awful nice of you to say so.

For what it’s worth, I dont understand the argument that you can’t be a Canadian team without Canadian players, either. Surely it’s a longer term development issue? If all goes well, TWP won’t be playing in the UK leagues in 10 or 20 years time anyway, they will be at the forefront of a North American League, no? Or have I got that all wrong? I certainly don’t begrudge the development of the game, either here or abroad. 

2 hours ago, BatleyBird said:

For what it’s worth, I dont understand the argument that you can’t be a Canadian team without Canadian players, either. Surely it’s a longer term development issue? If all goes well, TWP won’t be playing in the UK leagues in 10 or 20 years time anyway, they will be at the forefront of a North American League, no? Or have I got that all wrong? I certainly don’t begrudge the development of the game, either here or abroad. 

I think that you are reading it as the plan is layed out....of course there might be some twists and turns (already has been) but we intend to stay the course.   Thanks for your support, it is well appreciated and its nice to talk to someone that is reasonable.

Thanks again.

2 minutes ago, ojx said:

Bad news, the weather forecast has worsened. Hopefully it will change again before Saturday:

1144605513_ScreenShot2018-06-04at19_32_05.png.dc41c6c5a30815a8d9a4cc096012e457.png

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

10 hours ago, Medway Bear said:

Days away yet. This has changed 3 or 4 times in the last week or so, why not again? 

Still calling for showers...wife not happy over morning coffee.

Yeah i'm hoping it changes and the showers hold off. Bringing the kid so if its cold and raining i don't know if there will be a point in taking him as he will be miserable the whole time. i'm OK with overcast...just no rain plz!!!

it'll change..betting the showers will blow over and we have sunshine.. anyhow as long as Mojito man is there I'm not bothered about a few sprinkles.

went to the Wolfpack shop yesterday to pick up mine and my wife's personalized STH cards and Coach Rowley was there...said the boys are ready for a tough contest...

Archived