Halifax @ Home on Saturday

Batley Bob

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need to be up for this one Bob, and shake off Sunday's narrow and frustrating loss. Also, some hard graft behind the scenes on the blower with SL teams to secure some on loan wingers for the remainder of the season, would give us additional momentum for the weekend.

Better find out who the ref's going to be then you can get your excuses in early.

?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

57 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Better find out who the ref's going to be then you can get your excuses in early.

?

Mr Dolan , he reffed London Toulouse game at Blackpool , I thought he did ok

Championship

BATLEY BULLDOGS V HALIFAX RLFC  

Saturday 2nd June  
The Fox's Biscuit Stadium | KO : 15:00 

Referee G. Dolan
Touch Judge 1 D. Bowmer
Touch Judge 2 M. Mannifield
Reserve Referee P. Stockman
M Com D. Asquith
Time Keeper L. Fairbank

IMG_0583.JPG

23 minutes ago, Batley Bob said:

Yes he was fine, though I recommend earplugs for the spectators as, if he's the guy who did the London match, we're in for an incessant barrage of MOOOOVE at top volume every play the ball. Why refs have to shout anything is beyond me. If the players aren't moving penalise them, if the markers are not square, players offside or any other infraction, penalise them. It's the coach's job to coach the players, not the refs.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

?

Laugh all you want, Sunday's game was one of the best HW clash for some time and yes both teams made errors, but so did the ref I think that is point most wish to make in the hope it improves. Anyway onwards and upwards

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, Batley Bob said:

Championship

BATLEY BULLDOGS V HALIFAX RLFC  

Saturday 2nd June  
The Fox's Biscuit Stadium | KO : 15:00 

Referee G. Dolan
Touch Judge 1 D. Bowmer
Touch Judge 2 M. Mannifield
Reserve Referee P. Stockman
M Com D. Asquith
Time Keeper L. Fairbank

Dare you complain about him? Isn't he from Batley?

Legs, Dews, Legs.

2 hours ago, bromleybulldog said:

Yes he was fine, though I recommend earplugs for the spectators as, if he's the guy who did the London match, we're in for an incessant barrage of MOOOOVE at top volume every play the ball. Why refs have to shout anything is beyond me. If the players aren't moving penalise them, if the markers are not square, players offside or any other infraction, penalise them. It's the coach's job to coach the players, not the refs.

I don't get it either when they are shouting to players by their christian names telling them that they are offside if they make the tackle. Let them make the tackle then tell them they were offside. Penalties are often random late on in a game when a team gets caught offside after the ref has let several offsides go unpunished. A ref should keep his gob shut in my opinion in those circumstances?

Can’t see us winning this... our forwards will help us stay close but our HB and backs will struggle unless we get into murrell & Tyrer early on and we may have a chance but with no wingers in the side our clearance from the red Zone is poor and we won’t be on the front foot much 

i will wait see whos in squad rather than who ref is. a good strong team can overcome the few hickups from ref during a game just like dews did sunday teatime.if its same team we will only pick up more knocks and go down another rung a ladder.:punish:i used to look forward to putting computer on and seeing just who we had brought in to bolster things up  out wide and getting a suprise now and again,its been a while..:whistle:

Does it matter where he his from, if the fans want to complain him they will do just like they do on all the forums.

Can't think of a name being mentioned as to who is nearest being fit, although Walker being included in the 19 on Sunday must have meant that he was somewhere near, unless of course we had nobody else to complete the 19 on paper. If Holland had to play whilst not yet fit, why then was Chandler, who hasn't been on the sick list, left out? Sort of confusing isn't it? And yes, we do need to pick up at least 1 winger with a bit of pace, Crookes is doing sort of ok, Tomlinson was great under the high ball on Sunday but wouldn't have backed him to outrun Sykes in a foot race!! Surely Giants must have a lad screaming for game time, or anybody anywhere who isn't getting a game at his club. Halifax aren't slow on the outside, that means 1 of 2 things; we have to be so tight on our tackling that the ball doesn't get out there, or we bring somebody in with the pace to stick with 'em. The board must also approach JK at Bulls to extend the Butterworth loan......I know I had a dig (no surprise there then!!) but he proved his worth and game time in the championship is better than game time in Div 1. In fact if he were to remain 2nd choice at Bradford, I'd offer him terms for next year.

1 hour ago, phildog said:

Can't think of a name being mentioned as to who is nearest being fit, although Walker being included in the 19 on Sunday must have meant that he was somewhere near, unless of course we had nobody else to complete the 19 on paper. If Holland had to play whilst not yet fit, why then was Chandler, who hasn't been on the sick list, left out? Sort of confusing isn't it? And yes, we do need to pick up at least 1 winger with a bit of pace, Crookes is doing sort of ok, Tomlinson was great under the high ball on Sunday but wouldn't have backed him to outrun Sykes in a foot race!! Surely Giants must have a lad screaming for game time, or anybody anywhere who isn't getting a game at his club. Halifax aren't slow on the outside, that means 1 of 2 things; we have to be so tight on our tackling that the ball doesn't get out there, or we bring somebody in with the pace to stick with 'em. The board must also approach JK at Bulls to extend the Butterworth loan......I know I had a dig (no surprise there then!!) but he proved his worth and game time in the championship is better than game time in Div 1. In fact if he were to remain 2nd choice at Bradford, I'd offer him terms for next year.

Just one thing Phil

This was sept 2017

IMG_2057.PNG

IMG_0583.JPG

2 hours ago, phildog said:

dont think he will be with us this weekend as flannagan has broke his hand slightly

12 minutes ago, stevieb said:

dont think he will be with us this weekend as flannagan has broke his hand slightly

On month loan , I don't think they can re call for 4 week , but not 100% sure

IMG_0583.JPG

2 hours ago, phildog said:

chandler was limping second half a rochdale game.looked to be in a lot a pain,we need brownie strapped up soon as poss.:vinsent:

4 hours ago, redditchbulldog said:

no QLT for Fax as just signed for Cas till end of the season

More money troubles at Fax, I hear.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived