New stadium

Fenton Knight

Can see the new stadium from our house, it’s really starting to take shape. This last three weeks it seems to have sprung up at a rapid rate. 

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"

Millican Dalton...1867-1947

• 2 months later...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some good pics of Clarence Street in the ' Yesterday once more ' feature on the Knights twitter feed , brought back some good memories. You could smell the embrocation filtering up from the dressing rooms in the main stand and on more than one occasion I witnessed a touch judge tripping over outstretched legs in the dug outs the pitch being so tight to the stand .?

1 hour ago, Stirlin said:

Some good pics of Clarence Street in the ' Yesterday once more ' feature on the Knights twitter feed , brought back some good memories. You could smell the embrocation filtering up from the dressing rooms in the main stand and on more than one occasion I witnessed a touch judge tripping over outstretched legs in the dug outs the ground being so tight to the stand .?

Happy days.

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 1:08 PM, Stirlin said:

Some good pics of Clarence Street in the ' Yesterday once more ' feature on the Knights twitter feed , brought back some good memories. You could smell the embrocation filtering up from the dressing rooms in the main stand and on more than one occasion I witnessed a touch judge tripping over outstretched legs in the dug outs the pitch being so tight to the stand .?

Question. Was it Clarence Street or Wigginton Road or either?

rldfsignature.jpg

20 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Question. Was it Clarence Street or Wigginton Road or either?

The ground was at the junction of Clarence Street, Wigginton Road and Haxby Road. The Postal address of the secretary's office was Wiggington Road, the Oval Ball club was Haxby Road, the ground was always known locally as Clarence Street. although technically it should have been Bootham Stray. Hope that clarifies.

1 hour ago, GaryHall said:

The ground was at the junction of Clarence Street, Wigginton Road and Haxby Road. The Postal address of the secretary's office was Wiggington Road, the Oval Ball club was Haxby Road, the ground was always known locally as Clarence Street. although technically it should have been Bootham Stray. Hope that clarifies.

Thanks for the clarity :no: I'm from Hull and we always knew it as Wigginton Road. I can't recall anyone calling it Clarence Street.

rldfsignature.jpg

3 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Thanks for the clarity :no: I'm from Hull and we always knew it as Wigginton Road. I can't recall anyone calling it Clarence Street.

Radio reporters in those days always dubbed  the ground as Wigginton Rd , maybe why outsiders thought the same.

• 1 month later...

Archived