Doncaster game is one to get the turnstiles clicking

Dave Naylor

Agree with those sentiments. Sunday has all the makings of a 'cracker' and one not to be missed, so really looking forward to it and hoping the lads get the support they deserve. So, get down there on Sunday and enjoy the excitement.

COME ON OLDHAM!!  

The defence was outstanding today, the attack clicked in patches, large periods of position. 

The downside is the attendance, its time the club did some investment in a marketing guru and get a presence in the town centre 

Outstanding performance from the boys today. Dominated almost the entire game and never really gave them a chance.

Hooley and Bridge were the clear stand outs for me with both having their best games in Oldham shirts. Bench was really good with Nelmes continuing his excellent form and Jones and Briscoe played very well to. Joy and Langtree played very well again.

Crowd is shocking really. The effort and quality the boys produce deserves a lot better.

Thought it was an excellent performance today by the boys. They worked tirelessly for each other and thought Nelmes deserved his try. Kershaws try put a big smile on my face ?

Not sure how we solve this problem with the crowds TBH!

I was three down today from my usual 5 as three of the grandkids were out elsewhere.

But, we have an ageing fan base. Many of the fans from say 20 years ago, and even 10 years ago are getting too old to come. Many are no longer with us sadly, I know of a good number like that. My Dad is now in his 90's and has become too infirm to attend. He did until 2 years ago, but gave up the battle.

The downside of summer rugby, particularly at our level, is there are many other things to do on a Sunday afternoon.

But I think the biggest killer is the nomadic history we have had for the last 20 years. With every move out of town, more fans will have been lost each time and this I suspect is the biggest reason we have lost support. People simply got out of the habit of going t watch the games.

Another issue is the the lack of regular home and away games. People are creatures of habit. 

On the playing front, I believe this is one of the best squads we have had for some years. Gas Owen is back to the form from when he arrived from Salford and this is showing on the pitch. Danny Langtree has stepped up a notch again and is definitely  a better player for having Danny Bridge as his partner. 

Today was an excellent performance and you really couldn't pick out anyone player above another in what was an all round team effort. 

Well done to all!

The heartbreaking thing is the performance was worthy of a crowd of much more than 4 hundred and odd.The team seems very together which is heartening,let's just hope that if word spreads that we're doing ok people may come and have a look.Langtree and Bridge,the perfect combo.Loved Lee Kershaw's full lengther.

Well the crowd was dire but those of us there certainly enjoyed a belting performance in the sun with some very good rugby on display. Cant ask for more than beating Donny by 20 points, they had a right go in the first half but we did well to hold them. This Oldham side seems to be growing in confidence week after week. Fantastic today from 1-17. Huge credit to the lads. Onwards to Coventry next week, cant wait. Up the Yeds!

What a cracking game and performance it was and you certainly couldn't ask for better entertainment. Both sides were hugely committed and shirked absolutely nothing, also playing at a fast pace on a hot, sunny afternoon. The difference was, we played better, played some quality stuff and had an air of confidence with great teamwork. Well done to all the lads, including the players who didn't make the 'cut' yesterday, but were there in support. Hugely enjoyable - can't wait for the next game!  

17 hours ago, clifford said:

The defence was outstanding today, the attack clicked in patches, large periods of position. 

The downside is the attendance, its time the club did some investment in a marketing guru and get a presence in the town centre 

Not while a certain lone wolf is running it!

Still a Roughyed despite what some people might say!!!

1 hour ago, Logic said:

What a cracking game and performance it was and you certainly couldn't ask for better entertainment. Both sides were hugely committed and shirked absolutely nothing, also playing at a fast pace on a hot, sunny afternoon. The difference was, we played better, played some quality stuff and had an air of confidence with great teamwork. Well done to all the lads, including the players who didn't make the 'cut' yesterday, but were there in support. Hugely enjoyable - can't wait for the next game!  

Thought the discipline was very good especially on a hot day like that, well done to them all 

19 minutes ago, sheddingswasus said:

......and to echo the other thread, build bridges with the amateur league & players!

Yes couldn't agree with more, the amateur game in Oldham needs recognition. 

Hmm get the A team back 

Archived