Gaz Hock

I agree with Auntie Ruth we would need that one investement of one and a half to two million pounds to have a chance of achieving S.L.status.However once in i think we could compete with the middle to lower end as our business such as owning our own ground, training facilities and club house should put us in a better position than some teams.If we did get into S.L. i think the average attendance would be at least 4 to 5 thousand and that may be increased with better players, results and table position.However the most realistic position for us in the future as things stand is to be the best Champioship team we can with money at our disposal,probably aim for top 6,and getting into top 4 would be a good season.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If a multi millionaire isn’t going to come knocking we need to As Colin mentioned earlier rent off or sell to bring in the needed income to support our goal.Tbh do we really need this land as we have got a Ground and facilities to be proud of and space to extend.

21 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Leigh may be in the now, but they’ve had some journey and success from Des’s money. Better that, than just constant mediocrity.

So you would swap being a solid club, with that of Leigh who had a few seasons of relative success in the Championship and 1 season in super league and who are now facing liquidation and possibly demotion to league 1?

44 minutes ago, Auntie Ruth said:

....with no strings attached! Someone who could throw money at the club and money is no object, who has an interest in the club, not just for financial gain and without the present structure or even with the present structure, unfortunately we can’t compete with the Toronto’s of the world because we can’t complete financially. I remember the Faisal era very well, unfortunately he had strings attached, Mark Campbell has an interest in the club, but without sounding disrespected, not enough money in his bank account, even Beaumont, who apparently is Leigh through and through struggled to keep up financially, obviously the same would happen to Fev if we were in that position, we need a consistent fan base which we’ll never get, like to see how many Leigh bring, probably more flags than supporters unfortunately.....

O.K, someone comes along with no strings attached (improbable as it may be) and funds the wage bill of say 1.7 million pounds and manages to get us promoted after say a few seasons of trying. What happens when this person stops funding the team and walks away? Answer = Leigh. A team/club/business needs to built from the bottom up on solid foundations, not piles of sand.

2 hours ago, Auntie Ruth said:

Find it quite bizarre that we (or should I say, a Dewsbury fan) are scrutinising our season, we finished 5th in a league that was always going to be tough and if Leigh  would have got off to a better start, would probably have finished 6th! DR is what it is, I’d love Fev to have their own players season in season out, but it ain’t going to happen. We’ve used Leeds players most of the season but unfortunately Leeds were struggling with injuries at the back end so why would they give us players they clearly needed! Halifax away and London at home costs us a top 4 spot imo and I hate to say it, individual errors! No one truly knows what business goes on at the club unless they’re there in the boardroom, we can only hope that we have some decent people running the club and leave them to it, I’ve said it before but for me only one thing is going to get Fev to the next level and it ain’t Ridyard, Holmes or Hock, it’s a multi millionaire prepared to throw money at the club with no strings......

I can scrutonise as a Dewsbury fan

As I'm not emotionally attached or wear rose tinted glasses. 

The hard facts are

You didn't make the top 4

Youve lost a valuable source of extra income (playoff gate receipts) like when you had Leeds, Warrington, Hull kr. 

Now have to lose a lot of players as you and most clubs in the championship will be offering players reduced terms. 

And expect you now to be in the "also ran" group in the championship with the likes of Dewsbury, Batley, Sheffield, Barrow all with one eye on relegation. 

Hell ain't a bad place to be bon Scott once said.. 

If you get that kind of money coming in ask them to sort out the terracing as it is dreadful to stand on those misshapen broken steps with no barriers! I am surprised every time I go that you get away with it and it spoils what is otherwise a great ground

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

4 minutes ago, coolie said:

Now have to lose a lot of players as you and most clubs in the championship will be offering players reduced terms. 

And you don't think Fev could take advantage of that fact? There are some good players in the Championship who would jump at the chance to join Fev on far lower wages than what they were paying this year. The £450K minimum pay out to the Top 4 sides has over inflated the wages of the top part-time players compared to what they were on 4 years ago. Fev's decision to reduce their wage bill could bring some sanity back to the wage structure but that doesn't mean they won't be able to afford the best part-timers. 

52 minutes ago, coolie said:

The hard facts are

Youve lost a valuable source of extra income (playoff gate receipts) like when you had Leeds, Warrington, Hull kr. 

And expect you now to be in the "also ran" group in the championship with the likes of Dewsbury, Batley, Sheffield, Barrow all with one eye on relegation. 

Highway to hell mate....

2 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Leigh may be in the now, but they’ve had some journey and success from Des’s money. Better that, than just constant mediocrity.

Exactly. 

The burning question though is: How many Fev fanatic multi millionaires are there in the WF7 and WF8 areas?

Or, do we know anything about Colm Corran, a recently appointed director? 

2 hours ago, Private Baldrick said:

So you would swap being a solid club, with that of Leigh who had a few seasons of relative success in the Championship and 1 season in super league and who are now facing liquidation and possibly demotion to league 1?

Yes I would. Even if Leigh get relegated to League 1, they will be back eventually. 

1 hour ago, Private Baldrick said:

O.K, someone comes along with no strings attached (improbable as it may be) and funds the wage bill of say 1.7 million pounds and manages to get us promoted after say a few seasons of trying. What happens when this person stops funding the team and walks away? Answer = Leigh. A team/club/business needs to built from the bottom up on solid foundations, not piles of sand.

Exactly, Fev have been trying it for years...fans = revenue end of!! 

1 hour ago, coolie said:

The hard facts are

Neither do I (wear rose tinted specs) it’s simple really, like I said, money = fans, fans = revenue, 2 things Fev don’t have in abundance, more than the teams you quoted though, fans that is!!

2 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

Exactly. 

The burning question though is: How many Fev fanatic multi millionaires are there in the WF7 and WF8 areas?

Or, do we know anything about Colm Corran, a recently appointed director? 

As I have stated elsewhere our land with planning would be valued around £15 million. I understand that Corran has a charge on some of it and has made a loan in the past. Why we are not doing something ourselves is a mystery. For the want of immediate income I would get planning and sell 8 acres, the remaining acres could be leased to supplement gate income. We would then have a strong financial system without all this buying and selling of players and major disruptions. Perhaps this guy has a hold so we can't move forward?

6 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

As I have stated elsewhere our land with planning would be valued around £15 million. I understand that Corran has a charge on some of it and has made a loan in the past. Why we are not doing something ourselves is a mystery. For the want of immediate income I would get planning and sell 8 acres, the remaining acres could be leased to supplement gate income. We would then have a strong financial system without all this buying and selling of players and major disruptions. Perhaps this guy has a hold so we can't move forward?

Looking at companies house, it seems the charges were registered a couple of years ago. What loans have or haven't been made is not clear.

He was appointed as a director a month ago. 

Whatever his involvement with the club, it appears to be increasing. 

If I make it to the forum, his involvement and/or intentions is something I'd like to ask about.

Colin, I can understand you going on about the land, but as we are not going into liquidation any time soon, cut our cloth and rebuild.

using current resources.

5 hours ago, coolie said:

The hard facts are

Anyone would think we've never been in this position before and speaking of Dewsbury and Batley if we are fighting relegation your gates will be down because we won't travel in the numbers we do now. 

36 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Anyone would think we've never been in this position before and speaking of Dewsbury and Batley if we are fighting relegation your gates will be down because we won't travel in the numbers we do now. 

We ought to have a blue print attached to the main gates upon this subject. It happens, time and time again, we fail at the final hurdle. Just relax and get used to the situation

22 hours ago, coolie said:

I think you are dreaming if you think that Fev will drop out of the top 6 teams in the division. There may be cut backs but they will still have the pick of the part time players in this division.

44 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

I think you are dreaming if you think that Fev will drop out of the top 6 teams in the division. There may be cut backs but they will still have the pick of the part time players in this division.

Exactly, even without the extra top 4 funding Fev will be up there, especially if Ridyard is fit and stays.

4 hours ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Two PNG players coming to Fev in January for 2019 season, most of our best players have signed or are staying, just waiting on 3 to make their minds up. 

That's the positive way of looking at it.  Or you could say our best 3 have already gone.

Archived