Dear Diary

22 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

Good luck for both the health and job issues.

Health seems to be fine. I think I’ve gone very paranoid over it which is probably contributing to high BP. I think once I get a job and get back I my routine everything will be normal again. Never not had a job, since I was 19 so it’s a bit of a new experience for me. I’m coming up to my 13th week off work. Never thought I’d be so eager to get back ???

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dear diary, why am I not in the least bit phased when I am sat by swimming pool in Greece and a Greek waiter opens a two litre bottle of Belgian Christmas ale and starts handing out free drinks from it. If it happened anywhere at home I would be very wary.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

2 hours ago, Padge said:

dear diary, why am I not in the least bit phased when I am sat by swimming pool in Greece and a Greek waiter opens a two litre bottle of Belgian Christmas ale and starts handing out free drinks from it. If it happened anywhere at home I would be very wary.

Isn't jealousy a nasty emotion?

Right now I feel very nasty.

I won't feel nasty in a couple of hours when I'll be enjoying a meal and a beer in the village square.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

38 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

Isn't jealousy a nasty emotion?

Right now I feel very nasty.

I won't feel nasty in a couple of hours when I'll be enjoying a meal and a beer in the village square.

Are you Pigi-n out?

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I am currently in a conversation with a former work colleague who retired last year who is island hopping around Greece.

He has never been to Greece before and just messaged me with "NOW I get it", meaning my enthusiasm for Greece. 

4 hours ago, Padge said:

Are you Pigi-n out?

Where else? Piggin' out in Pigi.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

10 hours ago, JohnM said:

And its a yes from me, too. Trust its all OK.

Yep. Getting there. Going out with my dad for Father’s Day today. Missed his birthday in April as was in the hospital. Going to watch our U16s team in National Cup Semi final ??

20 hours ago, Spidey said:

Yep. Getting there. Going out with my dad for Father’s Day today. Missed his birthday in April as was in the hospital. Going to watch our U16s team in National Cup Semi final ??

Who was in the semis? Results?

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

Back home now after another two weeks in Greece, thank you Parga.

PAJ_4929.thumb.jpg.a4b1400dc31c611e2b1174b4ceb56411.jpg

3 hours ago, Spidey said:

Currently sat in a coffee house in Manchester watching the world go by, waiting for a job interview. That’s now my second after about 25 applications. Hopefully my last ??

Back home. Think I did as well as I could. On way home took two phone calls for two more interviews. They must be like buses.

Chill out for an hour or so then it’s England in the World Cup. Nice warm up for next Saturday ?

Feet up.

Further contemplations regards retiring.

Provence 2019 now sorted.

Grandson good at midwife.

A beer..... a few lustful thoughts over toyah.... (just seen her on a vid) then settle down for the footy....

Must remember to heap more plaudits on barrow no2 for his effort yesterday

I finished a creditable 2-2 at badminton last night. My first time without a losing record. In unrelated news, I was paired with four different people each of whom knows how to play and can cover most of the court.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

9 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I finished a creditable 2-2 at badminton last night. My first time without a losing record. In unrelated news, I was paired with four different people each of whom knows how to play and can cover most of the court.

Congraulations on an excellent result.

I hate to be critical of your posts, but I found the second sentence unnecessary and waffley.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

I have three interviews to do this afternoon.  I'm interviewing candidates for the identical role to mine in the neighbouring area.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Might cancel my Fitness First membership and join Virgin. it's an extra 5-7 min walk from the office, but the facilities are much better / posher. Decisions.

I think a gym should either be extremely hardcore or extremely posh.

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

Our much abused garden still puts out beautiful roses despite the neglect we heap on them. 

6B568992-51E2-4CB3-9671-68583243EE88.jpeg

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

8 hours ago, MattSantos said:

Might cancel my Fitness First membership and join Virgin. it's an extra 5-7 min walk from the office, but the facilities are much better / posher. Decisions.

I think a gym should either be extremely hardcore or extremely posh.

Just walk to the new gym and turn round when you get there. Cheap. As. Chips.

Or does it not work like that?

6 hours ago, Saint 1 said:

Or extremely convenient. My gym is only a mile walk each way, so it's the only gym I can get to for 5:15am, that is open by that time anyway! It is too full of idiots to go in the evening unfortunately (even if rugby didn't take up virtually every evening). 

Or convenient, yes. My current gym is in the building next door, connected via shops. Handy as i cycle in, park underneath and shower before work, doddle to walk over then in aircon bliss.

The potential new gym is a 3/4 min walk, but not covered, so whilst i'll cycle to that building and do the same, the uncovered 30degree walk doesn't appeal. 

As i said, decisions!

Archived