Dear Diary

12 hours ago, Shadow said:

A pedant asks:

Do you mean the mussels are a particularly bright shade of green or they are exceptionally good?

Both

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

It's an absolutely beautiful place - and incredibly green. Laid back is overdoing it when describing this place.

Sometimes, you don't realise how much you needed a holiday until you're there.  :)

Always worth a visit is Melissani Cave at Sami.

0W1C4513-L.jpg

Also Keffalonia is prone to the odd thunderstorm.

0W1C4068-L.jpg

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

19 hours ago, Johnoco said:

Watched some incredible beautiful (wild) turtles this morning in Agostolli, swimming round the port. I put a short clip of this on Twitter,  check it out @Johnoco66

Felt so bad knowing we cause them so much grief with all the plastic pollution we create. Mindblowing creatures.

Seemed very inquisitive about you too

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

So after a hot summer that many have loved, it now appears that many farmers are struggling. How much more will they struggle without EU support?

Wrong thread, possibly.  Try "our new position in the EU" 

Fed up to the back teeth of mopping up behind useless morons.

2 hours ago, Johnoco said:

Incontinence?

Incompetence 

42 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Climbed Yr Wyddfa (Snowdon) yesterday with my boy. A "father and son day" before he heads off to Uni. 

A good day! ? 

Screenshot_20180806-093920.png

Screenshot_20180806-093956.png

Looks like you are headed towards Y Lliwedd there. Or did you go back down the Miners track?

The full horseshoe of Crib Goch, Crib y Ddysgl, Snowdon and Y Lliwedd is without doubt one of the best ridge walks south of the Coulins.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

1 hour ago, Bearman said:

Looks like you are headed towards Y Lliwedd there. Or did you go back down the Miners track?

The full horseshoe of Crib Goch, Crib y Ddysgl, Snowdon and Y Lliwedd is without doubt one of the best ridge walks south of the Coulins.

Up and down Watkins Path

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

13 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Climbed Yr Wyddfa (Snowdon) yesterday with my boy. A "father and son day" before he heads off to Uni. 

A good day! ? 

Screenshot_20180806-093920.png

Screenshot_20180806-093956.png

Jolly good.

I have many memories of living in Eryri.

I've been up and down Ben Nevis, Snowdon & Scafell Pike in the past couple of years with my teenage sons and we had a few days walking in the Andes last year.

Pretty nice feeling when they're off to university, thinking back to the times when it felt like you had to drag them outside away from the computer or console.

1 minute ago, MattSantos said:

I've just been made redundant.

A mixture of sigh and whoopity!

Sorry to hear that.  When Nortel Networks went under in 2001 and we were all made redundant, we went to the pub and celebrated because the whole corporate survival thrashing thing was making us so unhappy.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

4 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Just had my first half pint of cider this century. 

Cheers! Hope you get the job sorted and you can savour many more halves of cider.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Another sign of getting old. I was just reading a story about the army replacing it’s “ageing fleet of Warrior vehicles”. I can remember being impressed with the brand new first generation ones I saw in 1989 :( 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

9 hours ago, MattSantos said:

I've just been made redundant.

A mixture of sigh and whoopity!

Been there, done that, got thoroughly shedded.

It's a ride. Not always a good one.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Will we have just has two electricians, one kitchen fitter and one gas fitter in our kitchen. We now have no kitchen but some nice new sockets and switches.

Hope they all come back to finish off.

Archived