Dear Diary

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/24/2018 at 7:42 PM, Bleep1673 said:

I met a London Broncos/etc fan of 35 years,

Was that how odl he was or how long he'd been one?

On 8/24/2018 at 7:42 PM, Bleep1673 said:

then I met a guy who started working at Hope Hospital, Salford

Born there, done that, got the tee shirt!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

6 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Fan for 35 years, through all their various names

That's impressive, and to think some people can't even walk down the road to their club!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Off to Greenwich for barrier training part 2. Managed to get an ultimate "fast" train. Well fast for here, only 3 stops between home & London Bridge. 08.07 from St Leonard's Warrior Square.

Usually can be up to 14 stops on the next one.

9 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Off to Greenwich for barrier training part 2. Managed to get an ultimate "fast" train. Well fast for here, only 3 stops between home & London Bridge. 08.07 from St Leonard's Warrior Square.

Off peak ticket too. 

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

29 minutes ago, ckn said:

My goddaughter turns 18 on Friday. She was born in 2000...

My nephew turns 18 next Sunday ... and he’s just passed his driving test , and started a plumbing course ( the third thing he’s started since school ! )

I've just put the bins out.  Our usual bin day is Thursday but it's always shifted by a day for bank holiday weeks.  One of our neighbours was out when I put the bin out and he said "how do you always remember that it's a day later?"  He was genuinely confused as to how I knew not to put my bin out on Thursday.  Ah well.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Advert that keeps getting repeated on LBC radio:

"You WANT a Maserati but NEED a SUV, why not have both?"

No...

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I've just done an hour of my Rosetta Stone Italian course, I seem to get better marks when I do the stereotypical Italian hand gestures when talking in Italian...  A bad habit to get into...

21 minutes ago, ckn said:

I've just done an hour of my Rosetta Stone Italian course, I seem to get better marks when I do the stereotypical Italian hand gestures when talking in Italian...  A bad habit to get into...

I was in Rome in 2001. Once I started speaking in a comedy Italian accent, they treated me as fluent. 

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Archived