Dear Diary

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/3/2018 at 5:21 PM, ckn said:

I've just done an hour of my Rosetta Stone Italian course, I seem to get better marks when I do the stereotypical Italian hand gestures when talking in Italian...  A bad habit to get into...

I discovered duolingo and it’s pretty excellent being free . If I get it wrong or it doesn’t recognise what I’m saying I just shout louder 

British Airways have announced their website and all customer payment details were hacked from between 21st August and 5th September.

We paid for our holiday on August 20th! :o

(This would have been on the rant thread if it had been paid for on the 21st or later!)

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

E1BD4F7C-05A4-4D9C-9977-14EEEFEF3DAE.thumb.jpeg.067e39d446bcf5145aeb20b3d68b401a.jpeg

spotted this parked outside my hotel in Glasgow last night.

There were only 3900 ever built and being Alfa Romeos most will have melted by now.

Strangely (or not, you choose) I saw two more on the drive home in widely separated parts of the country. That’s probably a reasonable percentage of the working models in the U.K. 

yes I know the one in the picture has got German plates but it’s still in the uk 

Four new tyres fitted.  The difference to the drive home was impressive, replacing aged tyres with good new ones.  The difference in the road noise alone would make it worthwhile...

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

On 9/6/2018 at 8:23 PM, ckn said:

British Airways have announced their website and all customer payment details were hacked from between 21st August and 5th September.

We paid for our holiday on August 20th! :o

(This would have been on the rant thread if it had been paid for on the 21st or later!)

It has been alleged they have also kept the three digit security code on the back of cards, which is a no-no. 

4 hours ago, MattSantos said:

Im missing golf with a tender ankle snd sore throat. 

Getting softer

Whose 'tender ankle' are you with?

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Someone just sent me an email and the signature block said it was sent from his Blackberry.  I didn't think anyone had one of those any longer...

19 hours ago, ckn said:

Someone just sent me an email and the signature block said it was sent from his Blackberry.  I didn't think anyone had one of those any longer...

Could be an app? Our email app has just been replaced. It used to be Good Enterprise, i haven't signed up for the new one, but i think its run by blackberry. Apparently its ######

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

7 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

And if anyone thinks the priests from Father Ted were a parody, I can tell you they were based on actual priests. They're in and out of here in shifts.

Has anyone let Dougal say Mass yet?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I like paying attention to my car’s MPG reading when I finish long journeys. Just one of those things I do. 

When I go to east London, it’s about 65 miles and I usually average 36-37 mpg when the traffic is very quiet and I can sit with cruise control on. Just home and the reading is 38.6 mpg. The only difference is nice new high efficiency premium tyres replacing mongrel mixed tyres  

The best I’ve had for this car out of a tank of petrol is 540 miles on normal driving, it’d be interesting to see if that figure goes up. 

20 hours ago, Johnoco said:

So, yesterday and today I've been in St James in Leeds waiting for (not exactly a nice way to say this) my mum to pass away. Been suffering from dementia for the last few years but a bout of pneumonia has just about finished her. Stubborn old ###### won't quite admit defeat yet though, so it's a waiting game. Tough as old boots these old school Irish women!

Stick with her John, she will have seen you through a lot, even when you didn't realise it. My mother a few years ago was in intensive care and the consultant had written her off. Three years down the line and she's skipping in to town everyday.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Car rental 230 Euros for 7 days, here is my license, Mrs Padge is paying, she hands over credit card it is handed back with no details taken. "I'll take no money off you now, when you bring the car back if you have cash, I would prefer, if you don't you can pay on your card".

Guess the country?

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

16 minutes ago, Padge said:

Car rental 230 Euros for 7 days, here is my license, Mrs Padge is paying, she hands over credit card it is handed back with no details taken. "I'll take no money off you now, when you bring the car back if you have cash, I would prefer, if you don't you can pay on your card".

Guess the country?

Greece. 

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

4 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Greece. 

Whatever gave you that idea. ?

19 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

No mate, she's beyond that but thanks anyway. Cheers.

Sad to here. Thoughts are with you.

Just home from a mates funeral. Been going Widnes matches with him for as long as a remember, he’s about the same age as my dad. He like me lived in Warrington. It was great to see all his mates from his local pub wearing Widnes polo shirts with his name on, even though the majority are Wire fans. Forget all the guff about structures, money etc. That’s what RL is all about ??

Dear  diary, what a day it's been
Dear diary, it's been just like a dream
Woke up too late; wasn't where I should have been
For goodness sake what's happening to me
Write lightly, yours truly, dear diary

It was cold outside my door
So many people by the score
Rushing around so senselessly...

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:42 AM, ckn said:

Oh yes.  I was picking some only yesterday - delicious in a pie with apples!

I note with interest that musicians are on the lookout for the world’s smallest violin to play at the news that Katie Hopkins is now insolvent. 

Archived