Dear Diary

Today, to London. An autistic boy in tow means that everything is already planned. Train from Battle, visit to the Hayward Gallery, lunch with friends, Science Museum and then home ...

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Today I'm visiting Myrtle Farm, home of Thatchers Cider. Should be fun ?

I look forward to trying to understand your posts later.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

26 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Today, to London. An autistic boy in tow means that everything is already planned. Train from Battle, visit to the Hayward Gallery, lunch with friends, Science Museum and then home ...

Not marching?

55 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Not marching?

There are a fair few on the train who are. Mrs Ginger away and no way could I take Little Ginger to such  crowd.

43 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

I LOVE YOU JON! I REALLY REALLY LOVE YOU! COME HERE! I WANNA HUG A GINGE! 

?

All my dreams have come true!

Dear Diary. I have a CT scan booked for tomorrow night, and an urgent thoracic clinic appointment booked for next week as my GP thinks I may have lung cancer. I have never smoked, but most of my family did/do, & I have spent a lot of time in pubs before the ban.

I'm not worried, I'm shi**ing myself.

If it's confirmed, I will fight it. I'm 56, that's too young, I want to see my 9 year old graduate. Smile for me, I'm not on the Obituary link yet ?

1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

Dear Diary. I have a CT scan booked for tomorrow night, and an urgent thoracic clinic appointment booked for next week as my GP thinks I may have lung cancer. I have never smoked, but most of my family did/do, & I have spent a lot of time in pubs before the ban.

If it's confirmed, I will fight it. I'm 56, that's too young, I want to see my 9 year old graduate. Smile for me, I'm not on the Obituary link yet ?

Good luck!  Also, remember that early diagnoses of even nasty things is a good thing, far better than leaving it until you're dragged in by ambulance!  A positive mindset is just as important as good clinical treatment.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

2 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Hope it turns out to be a false alarm. Good luck.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

On 10/20/2018 at 8:07 AM, ckn said:

Sitting on the hotel terrace overlooking the Bay of Naples enjoying my last morning of peace reading my book and I’ve come to the conclusion that 14 days is a perfect holiday time. You get through everything you want at your pace and then in the last day or so start to recognise that, yep, time to go home and be content with it. 

10 days means your holiday ends with you still wanting more. 7 days rushes things. More than 14 days would be over-stretched. 

Na. My best holiday was 6 weeks in 2008 to watch the World Cup in Australia ??

Dear diary, what a day it's been. Had a spam phone call this morning from an ambulance-chasing lawyers  (phone number 0116 236 1386).   I said  I wasn't interested and asked them how they'd managed to contact me as I didnt have a phone. I didnt wait for her reply.????

11 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Dear diary, what a day it's been. Had a spam phone call this morning from an ambulance-chasing lawyers  (phone number 0116 236 1386).   I said  I wasn't interested and asked them how they'd managed to contact me as I didnt have a phone. I didnt wait for her reply.????

I had a call today about the accident I had where I was innocent.

I told them I'd had three or four pints, got in the car and hit someone. They didn't seem so keen on taking my case after that.

Next time I may have been uninsured or in a stolen car.

13 minutes ago, Shadow said:

I had a call today about the accident I had where I was innocent.

I told them I'd had three or four pints, got in the car and hit someone. They didn't seem so keen on taking my case after that.

Next time I may have been uninsured or in a stolen car.

I explained the accident I was involved in to them for 5 minutes before they called me a funny Mother F***er and hung up on me.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I picked up my wife from the station today and was driving home when my phone rang so she answered if for me. They asked if that was Sharon Mrs Padge she said yes but this wasn't her phone so why were they ringing for her on her husbands phone.  A bizarre conversation then ensued until the woman at the other end gave up. 

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Archived