Dear Diary

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/2/2018 at 10:07 AM, ckn said:

Just finished listening into a teleconference that I needed to oversee but not contribute to.  One doctor said "We need to get a gypsy to address that", another "do we really need yet another gypsy wasting our money?"  My "oh dear" (content self-moderated) radar went up immediately and asked "gypsy?"  An exasperated sigh then "GP with special interests, GPWSI".

I'm still learning all the stuff around this job...

One of my favourites is cabbage..........................CABG (coronary artery bypass graft)

In the blink of an eye it could all be taken away.  Be grateful always.

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Fella came today to paint our kitchen ceiling . He didn’t seem impressed by my quip asking if he could knock out the Last Judgement . He only had a big roller ...

He must be charging a fair whack if he drives  a roller?

I had a hearing aid fitted today. Left ear only. Within 30 seconds, my tinnitus was reducing and it was gone bar a faint outline in two minutes. When I turn the thing off, or the house gets too quiet, my tinnitus comes back fairly quickly. 

That’s an unexpected but very welcome outcome. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

The dangers of red wine.

So, I now have a ticket to see Dunkerque play Nimes in the French handball league later this month. And a day return via the tunnel is booked too.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

9 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

The dangers of red wine.

So, I now have a ticket to see Dunkerque play Nimes in the French handball league later this month. And a day return via the tunnel is booked too.

You continue to snub Denmark. I bet you just love Norwegians. 

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

8 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

You continue to snub Denmark. I bet you just love Norwegians. 

When I was in Denmark - in those long ago days of October - I made sure to watch Danish handball on the television provided. It made a change from seeking out repeats of Bergerac.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

5 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

When I was in Denmark - in those long ago days of October - I made sure to watch Danish handball on the television provided. It made a change from seeking out repeats of Bergerac.

Bergerac made a change from endless Taggart. 

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

2 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Bergerac made a change from endless Taggart. 

"Here's the same snooker final repeat we showed last night ..."

5 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Retirement day. Albeit semi-retirement....

Drop down/part time role. 

Either congratulations, commiserations or something in between?

Anyway, enjoy ...

37 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Either congratulations, commiserations or something in between?

Anyway, enjoy ...

I've had enough. I still passionately believe in the principles the nhs was built on. But the nhs and tories threads explain in great detail how my feelings towards its management have developed. I'm getting tired.

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

I've had enough. I still passionately believe in the principles the nhs was built on. But the nhs and tories threads explain in great detail how my feelings towards its management have developed. I'm getting tired.

Good man, get out while it's just tiring rather than turning into a hatred.  I've seen too many people hang on to jobs that they once loved now can't wait to get shot of.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

When I was due up before the HCPC on a disciplinary charge for misconduct, on spurious charges, I was to fed up with working in the NHS that I didn't even oppose them.

I got struck off, but only sometimes do I miss being part of the theatre team, about once a month. Pay day.

40 minutes ago, Saint 1 said:

Yesterday I did 2 hours in the gym, 2 hours of hot yoga, 2 hours of rugby coaching and walked 11 miles. It's days like this that I remember why it is so difficult for me to put weight on!

Yesterday I finally got my weird & wonderful overdue biological drug infusion. Today I feel like I have been trampled over by a herd of cattle, it's a effort to walk and stay awake, tomorrow if all goes as usual I will feel the best I have felt for the past 3 to 4 weeks, reading your post just makes me feel even more depressed.

I'm in a pondering whether yoga would be a good idea mode.

I'm also in a "but I'm quite a tubby bloke" situation too.

Anyone out there with sensible comments ...?

9 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

I'll take your word for it as I doubt I'll ever be able to make that decision myself

That's something that's not necessarily true.  We sometimes fly BA business class for cheaper than equivalent advanced booking standard easyJet flights.  It's all about timing and getting them at the cheapest rate.  If you're booking at fairly short notice then business class flights can be ridiculously expensive, but then so can economy seats at short notice.

Archived