Dear Diary

I purchased an alleged "easy to assemble " cat bed/climbing frame and had a nightmare putting the effing thing up and if my cat doesn't use it in the next 2 hours it's going in the bin! (The cat bed not the cat,although........)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

I purchased an alleged "easy to assemble " cat bed/climbing frame and had a nightmare putting the effing thing up and if my cat doesn't use it in the next 2 hours it's going in the bin! (The cat bed not the cat,although........)

Leave the box out, the cat will love it.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Audible has just sent me an email saying Charles Dickens has just released a new book!  Pleased for him, it's been a lean few years.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

13 minutes ago, ckn said:

Audible has just sent me an email saying Charles Dickens has just released a new book!  Pleased for him, it's been a lean few years.

Well there’s lots of material for him with all the myriad of problems in society . He’s been waiting for the right inspiration . It could be on the shenanigans in the Commons ... Bleak House 2

31 minutes ago, ckn said:

It has been the worst of times.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

5 hours ago, Bearman said:

There you go, I have learnt something too as I did not know that was an option. Perhaps its new.

I have a Network Railcard on my phone. It is so ludicrously useful compared to a paper ticket faff. And the app works. Like, simply, just does what it needs to.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

20 hours ago, Bearman said:

Just remember to take the card with you on every journey as they expect to see it.

The "carer" option is a nice add on too with two people getting the discount. My owner had to show my card too in order to board at Euston t'other week.

I have had a Disabled Rail card for 15 years, and have never been asked to show it by on train rail staff. If I (Stupidly) buy a rail ticket at the station, on the day of travel, then I had to produce it, but as I mostly bought my tickets online, then the OBS were to embarrassed to ask for the rail card because I do not have an obvious disability. 

I was settling in to listen to James O'Brien, having timed it perfectly in going to LBC after Nick Ferrari ended, just to hear Maajid Nawaz.  O'Brien is off doing personal stuff today.  Now where am I going to get my frothy Remainer commentary today?!

10 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

The man who invites me out on his van occasionally to load and unload the ###### from a charity shop has invited me out tomorrow. I am doing it. am I doing it for the right reason. Am I doing it for the right principle?

Perhaps you are just doing it for some company? Or a change of routine? Or just because you are a nice person?

(That last one can't be right, says the Salford fan in me.?)

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

4 hours ago, tonyXIII said:

Perhaps you are just doing it for some company? Or a change of routine? Or just because you are a nice person?

(That last one can't be right, says the Salford fan in me.?)

I am doing it because I believe in the cause, and £50 just before Christmas helps. British Heart Foundation, because they've believed in me, and my Dad & his Brother dies of Heart related problems.

I also did my Community service there, and I worked as a volunteer after in the BHF F&E shop White Rock, Hastings.

And I am a nice Swinton fan.

I know you are, bleep. I was just pulling your leg. It is nice when people give something back.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

I just printed a document, signed it (with a pen), scaned it, saved it and then emailed it, all on my telephone. 

I'm impressed with what I've "achieved" as I'm very much a luddite when it comes to technology. I'm still amazed that I can watch live sport from the other side of the world ?

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

32 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

I just printed a document, signed it (with a pen), scaned it, saved it and then emailed it, all on my telephone. 

I'm impressed with what I've "achieved" as I'm very much a luddite when it comes to technology. I'm still amazed that I can watch live sport from the other side of the world ?

I can empathise . I’ve no idea what my gadgets can do despite people telling me of all the amazing things my phone n iPad are capable of . And if switching it on and off doesn’t solve any electronic problem I’m in deep trouble 

6 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I can empathise . I’ve no idea what my gadgets can do despite people telling me of all the amazing things my phone n iPad are capable of . And if switching it on and off doesn’t solve any electronic problem I’m in deep trouble 

C451199A-D29A-4D9F-859C-1DE3D89D7FDF.jpeg

On 12/17/2018 at 6:47 PM, DavidM said:

Well there’s lots of material for him with all the myriad of problems in society . He’s been waiting for the right inspiration . It could be on the shenanigans in the Commons ... Bleak House 2

I'm currently in the middle of Bleak House 1 on Audible. And yes, Jarndice and Jarndice does remind you of the current situation with the government and brexit.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

On a slightly more serious note, today is the 20th anniversary of the death of my dad. For some reason, perhaps because I'm away from home or because it's something of landmark, I'm feeling it more than usual this time. I'm also very aware that I'm now less than 3 years younger than he was when he died.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

I'm playing Battlefield 1 tonight. I put it off for ages not wanting to be disappointed but, damn, it's good.  I've just completed the first tank campaign. They don't hide the horror of World War 1 in the slightest but also make it a cracking game to play.

3 hours ago, Derwent said:

Today is the 30th anniversary of the Lockerbie plane bomb.

I've been seeing things about Lockerbie pop up all morning on Twitter but this one really made me stop and think.

I had to go pick up our Christmas shopping this morning as we'd missed the home delivery slots. Our pre-booked turkey, other meats and enough veggies to feed half of the town.

Some people really need to calm down and accept things are their fault. I saw one woman shouting at a staff member for them daring to not have any turkeys left in stock. It really isn't their fault you've not learned that you need to pre-order your Christmas food if you want anything special.

26 minutes ago, ckn said:

I had to go pick up our Christmas shopping this morning as we'd missed the home delivery slots. Our pre-booked turkey, other meats and enough veggies to feed half of the town.

Some people really need to calm down and accept things are their fault. I saw one woman shouting at a staff member for them daring to not have any turkeys left in stock. It really isn't their fault you've not learned that you need to pre-order your Christmas food if you want anything special.

I still can't wrap my head around why people think a business owes them something. 

1 hour ago, ckn said:

I assume you shared your food out to those less fortunate, end-of-Christmas-Carol style.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Archived