Dear Diary

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Happy Birthday to me.

I had a great day today celebrating my 57th birthday on Sunday. Swinton beat Toulouse the day before, and I met my 10 year old daughter today for my usual visit. I got loads of messages from FB Mates, including Barry from Warrington who played for Hillingdon Tigers, my ex-wife, and three guys who I used to work with that I haven't spoke to in 12 years. Plus I got a call from an ODP I have known for 30 years, and regard him as a brother.

I walked into the town centre with my daughter, and bumped into a friend from a regular meeting I attend 3x a week, and we had Ice Cream, courtesy of my Daughters pocket money, I was also given a box of Tofefee, and a M&S box of Beer flavoured Chocolates - nice, by her, for Birthday/FD.

Then due to my financial situation, we had frozen Pizza & Home made chips for dinner. I normally take her out for dinner, but my Universal Credit is due Monday. We then watched MiB2, again, just because it's one of our favourite film franchises & it was on Film4.

At 22:17 my UC was credited to my account, and I instigated a clause that I would take my daughter out for a meal tomorrow. Italian Way, 17:30, sea view please.

Tomorrow, shopping at Lidl, bits at Asda, then 14:30 at JC+ for usual interrogation. But this is a short month, as my PIP is due 25th, but I have three weeks stretch after that, so I need to squirrel away with 10yo £70 to help.

Funnily enough, we saw a used bookshop selling Peter Benchley's JAWS, and we got talking about that, apparently my 10yo's mate is obsessed by the film, and it was on ITV4 tonight. I have it on DVD if anyone wants to view the extras/making of.

Belated birthday wishes young man.

57? The world is your lobster!*

* Thanks to Del Trotter ( or was it Arthur Daley?) Whomever, there is still time to for you be to be a millionaire this time next year!.

Here is a top tip on how to make that dream a reality.

Simply save £20,000 A week and this time next year, voila you are rich! ( no need to thank me)

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Happy birthday, Bleep. Great to know you get to spend quality time with your daughter.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

1 hour ago, Bearman said:

Belated birthday wishes young man.

57? The world is your lobster!*

* Thanks to Del Trotter ( or was it Arthur Daley?) Whomever, there is still time to for you be to be a millionaire this time next year!.

Here is a top tip on how to make that dream a reality.

Simply save £20,000 A week and this time next year, voila you are rich! ( no need to thank me)

* The only time I had Lobster was in a Chinese restaurant not far from Hyde Park, London. It was an amazing night. 

Two weeks in a Malaysian rainforest with 30-35C temperatures and excessive humidity and I’m fine with not sweating and overheating. One day in London and I’m sweating like Boris Johnson when he sees a blonde child with a woman he once knew. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

It’s a good idea to hurry up and get out of a train station when they have the “Inspector Sands to the control room” message playing repeatedly for a minute. 

Just google it if you don’t know. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

34 minutes ago, ckn said:

It’s a good idea to hurry up and get out of a train station when they have the “Inspector Sands to the control room” message playing repeatedly for a minute. 

Just google it if you don’t know. 

Inspector Montalbano would be worse, or Theme from "Death in Paradise". then you know as a white English person, you are on deaths row

On 12/06/2019 at 03:28, ckn said:

The wife convinced me to have a massage yesterday at the place we’re at on holiday. Normally can’t stand that sort of thing so it took her some doing to get me to go. 

The guy who did it was a small Malaysian guy with lipstick on who reminded me of Jimmy Krankie. 90 minute “stress relief” massage. 

This morning I feel like I’ve done 80 minutes as a Super League prop. I’m knackered and my back is stiff. I walked like an old man for the first 10 mins after getting out of bed. 

The lesson I’ve learned is that my wife is wrong. After all, she chose me as a husband therefore her decisions must all be treated as suspect. 

One of my old army mates had a deep massage for his birthday whilst living in New Zealand, he ended up having a stroke believed to be caused because the massage had dislodged plaque build up in his veins.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

I saw someone jogging along the road today. The runner was wearing a rucksack as though going to work.

Nothing unusual in that BUT,  the runner was wearing a full lion costume including a head and tail! 

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

2 hours ago, Bearman said:

I saw someone jogging along the road today. The runner was wearing a rucksack as though going to work.

Nothing unusual in that BUT,  the runner was wearing a full lion costume including a head and tail! 

That lion will sleep tonight.

My weekly LinkedIn email telling me who discovered me through searches came in just now. One was the British Army. 

No. 

No. 

I’m too old and fat and knackered. Even the Army can’t be that desperate. 

3 minutes ago, ckn said:

My weekly LinkedIn email telling me who discovered me through searches came in just now. One was the British Army. 

No. 

No. 

I’m too old and fat and knackered. Even the Army can’t be that desperate. 

You sound perfect for cannon fodder. ?

1 minute ago, tonyXIII said:

You sound perfect for cannon fodder. ?

Logan's Run for the 21st century?  Instead of a sparkly zap ending when you get on a bit, you get used as cannon fodder?

1 minute ago, ckn said:

Logan's Run for the 21st century?  Instead of a sparkly zap ending when you get on a bit, you get used as cannon fodder?

Careful! You're getting into Tory policy territory there.

2 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

Careful! You're getting into Tory policy territory there.

Official tweet, not a parody...

1 minute ago, ckn said:

Official tweet, not a parody...

I was joking! I was only joking!?

Long term readers will know that Little Ginger has not had the easiest life. Born far too early, he's had development issues all his life and was diagnosed autistic with multiple associated issues a few years ago. He now goes to a special school.

Five years ago, he was so worried about sports day that his anxiety caused his muscles to contract to such an extreme that he had to spend the day in A&E.

Today, after years of progress, he not only participated in sports day but voluntarily put himself forward for the biggest challenge they have: the 800m. This is open to anyone in the school. Little Ginger is 13 and has physical problems with running; some of the others are 18 and don't.

He ran it. He didn't stop. It didn't matter what position he finished in. He was cheered over the line and then, because of his commitment and determination, he was given the house award for resilience.

I'm not sure I've ever been prouder.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

32 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Long term readers will know that Little Ginger has not had the easiest life. Born far too early, he's had development issues all his life and was diagnosed autistic with multiple associated issues a few years ago. He now goes to a special school.

Five years ago, he was so worried about sports day that his anxiety caused his muscles to contract to such an extreme that he had to spend the day in A&E.

Today, after years of progress, he not only participated in sports day but voluntarily put himself forward for the biggest challenge they have: the 800m. This is open to anyone in the school. Little Ginger is 13 and has physical problems with running; some of the others are 18 and don't.

He ran it. He didn't stop. It didn't matter what position he finished in. He was cheered over the line and then, because of his commitment and determination, he was given the house award for resilience.

I'm not sure I've ever been prouder.

That's fantastic. I'm sure you were very proud and had a tear in your eye, or tears streaming down your cheek! I'm sure Little Ginger was proud as punch too.

Archived