Dear Diary

9 hours ago, Bearman said:

An hour ago I would have laughed at you lot. Then I caught a beastie like the one above.

fir the first time In my life have I have had a   Bite. Just below my little finger, two puncture marks !

C0294A86-DD63-4664-9DA9-104158FAB32C.jpeg

P.S.

I survived the night. Which is more than the Cardinal Spider did!

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Shadow said:

If the Spider was radioactive you can look forward to a life of crime fighting in a colourful Lycra suit

Just think of the advantages though for an ageing rugby player, knock-ons become almost unheard of and tackles mean you don't have to move far from half-way.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

12 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/travel/news/brit-dad-flies-easyjet-plane-to-spain-himself-after-pilot-doesnt-show-up/ar-AAGNGoI?ocid=spartandhp

This is a great story, true dedication to his holiday, made my day. I can imagine the look on passengers faces.

HOw did the passengers at the other end waiting to come home get back.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Strawberry gazpatch for lunch. Food of angels and very easy to make. (old photo, couldn't be bothered with taking a new one)

IMG_4956.jpg

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

On 03/09/2019 at 12:01, ckn said:

Welcome to my life... as much of my life is NHS and healthcare stuff I get advert after advert for medical and clinical products. I read one article about healthcare recruitment last week and I had an entire day of adverts trying to get me to sign up to healthcare jobsites and get me to hire recruiters to solve all my recruitment problems.

This week, I’ve been getting these adverts:

2614D8EE-48A0-4093-BC91-F7EA9CD153F4.jpeg

And my phone’s browser is giving me these search suggestions before I even start typing:

4706DA4C-DC83-4AA5-A43F-B96C8A22BD1E.jpeg

Now, to those fine chaps out there in the SIS, GCHQ and other places, if you’re monitoring my phone, would you kindly mind deleting your presence from my phone so I can go back to crappy medical adverts?

This could only happen in France.

A man on a business trip goes back to a hotel room with a stranger, has sex, and dies of a heart attack. The French courts have decreed that because he was on a business trip his company are liable for an industrial accident, and will have to pay compensation to his family!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49662134

It is well known that as one ages one shrinks.

I used to be exactly 6ft tall. Today I was measured at the hospital and was found to be 5' 11".

The worst thing is that with my weight I am even more under height than I should be. I still maintain that I am under tall for my weight.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

On 13/09/2019 at 18:34, Bearman said:

It is well known that as one ages one shrinks.

I used to be exactly 6ft tall. Today I was measured at the hospital and was found to be 5' 11".

The worst thing is that with my weight I am even more under height than I should be. I still maintain that I am under tall for my weight.

You'll be ok when go back to proper imperial and not this EU sneakily adjusted imperial one.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday, after the storms, my wife and I left our house (which has a Town centre postcode) to walk along the canal. Due to a housing development, the canal has been reopened/extended. We walked the 1 mile to the new pub and had a couple of pints, sat overlooking the canal. On the way back, 3 deer ran out of the long grass and then hid in some more long grass. 

A nice walk in the sunshine. 

A nice pub, with great company. 

As well as the deer, we saw swans, ducks, two herons (one flying low to the water), kingfishers and plenty of rabbits. 

All this is just a 10min walk from the Town centre of a town with over 200000 people. 

I love my home town! ? 

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

• 2 weeks later...

I put a single lottery ticket on for tonight.  If no-one else wants that £169m, I suppose I can have it.

On 09/09/2019 at 14:02, ckn said:

Strawberry gazpatch for lunch. Food of angels and very easy to make. (old photo, couldn't be bothered with taking a new one)

IMG_4956.jpg

You're a remainer aren't you ? Eating foreign stuff is a dead give away ?

2 hours ago, ckn said:

I put a single lottery ticket on for tonight.  If no-one else wants that £169m, I suppose I can have it.

I’m not buying a ticket. 

Do you want to go halves on what we have on Monday as a result of our lottery based investments?

47 minutes ago, Shadow said:

I’m not buying a ticket. 

Do you want to go halves on what we have on Monday as a result of our lottery based investments?

Last time I played I won £139 ?  I’m still in the net positive cash flow from my lottery “investments” over the last two decades.

On 04/10/2019 at 15:39, ckn said:

Last time I played I won £139 ?  I’m still in the net positive cash flow from my lottery “investments” over the last two decades.

Last time I played (April) I missed out on 4 numbers by one number each.

On 04/10/2019 at 15:39, ckn said:

Do I owe you £1 or do you owe me £69.5 Million?

Spent yesterday making 30+ gallons of apple juice that in 3 months or so will be 30+ gallons of cider, consequently I'm in all sorts of pain today, probably less pain than when we come to drink the cider but that's a different story.

4 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Do I owe you £1 or do you owe me £69.5 Million?

image.png

I'll send the cheque for £3.25 if you send me the postage in advance. £5 postage and £25 admin charge.

Archived