Dear Diary

1 hour ago, ckn said:

We went to a classical music thing on Wednesday and the wife got very flirty with one of the singers after he dragged her up to dance during one song. I told her bluntly that she could have him on the condition I get Vittoria on reception here at the hotel. 

I’m not sure what’d be a bigger challenge, my current Indian wife or an Italian mistress. 

Cracking performance though, we had front row seats.

I have a sudden urge to compare my insurance quotes

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 16/10/2019 at 17:19, ckn said:

Today I’m sat on the main pedestrianised road in Sorrento with my book and refills of coffee, mixed in with people watching. 

I do like Italian women... although I think they’re like fine art. Great to look at but far too expensive to “own”. 

Humble brag

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

22 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I think I might actually be turning into a goose. As I was leaving work today a load of them were flying over and without even thinking I punched the air and shouted, "solidarity brothers!"

My coworkers were rather confused........ 

I used to live in Manchester. Next door to John Hannah randomly. Luckily for him he was mever in and fancied a game of touch and pass at 4am

Anyway, i used to run from the Printworks to Old Trafford and back on the canal. Geese scared me shitless and made me abort many a run. The Pevril was a great recovery point

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

Buried Isis this morning.

image.thumb.png.51d6d292a00ed1f288f4fdf2fe8a8a54.png

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

On 17/10/2019 at 20:27, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I think I might actually be turning into a goose. As I was leaving work today a load of them were flying over and without even thinking I punched the air and shouted, "solidarity brothers!"

My coworkers were rather confused........ 

Colleagues. Not Coworkers. 

C. O. L. L. E. A. G. U. E. S.!!!!!!!!!!! ¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OGC.87e503bf60d67dedaefeaab7e86de38a&pid=Api&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia.giphy.com%2fmedia%2f12Pb87uq0Vwq2c%2fgiphy.gif&ehk=M6MYjECw1HIhHV99HuX%2fEQ

I have turned my central heating on for the first time since spring.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I have a Job Centre interview this afternoon, having been criticised in my last two visits for not doing enough, I think 3 interviews, and a potential job offer (after security clearance), plus possibly another interview next week, should get her off my back.

Although I doubt it.

And, some people said learning Dutch was a waste of time. How dare you.

Thanks to my extensive Babbel training, I was able to explain to the guy at the trampoline park that I didn't speak Dutch (in Dutch which confused him), locate all-day parking in the town of Mol (deserve a medal), help a Polish guy make sense of the self serve coffee machine at a service station, agree with the translation of a Welsh speaking choir on Dutch TV ... and explain that no, we hadn't booked, but could we have a table for four at seven.

Good holiday. Really like Belgium. Apart from the Antwerp Ring which was designed by Satan himself.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

5 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Good holiday. Really like Belgium. Apart from the Antwerp Ring which was designed by Satan himself.

If you read Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaimen, it suggests that the M25 was designed by Satan Himself, and the demon spent many hours moving cones in the middle of the night while it was being built to make the shape of some demonic symbol to be prepared for the Apocalypse.

4 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

If you read Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaimen, it suggests that the M25 was designed by Satan Himself, and the demon spent many hours moving cones in the middle of the night while it was being built to make the shape of some demonic symbol to be prepared for the Apocalypse.

Having read Good Omens and now driven both the M25 and the Antwerp Ring, I can only conclude that Gaiman and Pratchett had not done the latter or else they would have chosen that road.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Two minute silence at football to remember those killed in the wars. Have stood in remembrance many times. However this year the club played the Last Post over the tannoy. It's the first time I've ever shed a tear in remembrance. I wasn't alone. 

I've never served in any military capacity but the lone bugler gets me every single time. 

We will remember them! 

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

On 29/10/2019 at 08:24, gingerjon said:

And, some people said learning Dutch was a waste of time. How dare you.

Thanks to my extensive Babbel training, I was able to explain to the guy at the trampoline park that I didn't speak Dutch (in Dutch which confused him), locate all-day parking in the town of Mol (deserve a medal), help a Polish guy make sense of the self serve coffee machine at a service station, agree with the translation of a Welsh speaking choir on Dutch TV ... and explain that no, we hadn't booked, but could we have a table for four at seven.

Congratulations!

These things really are gratifying.

I not only told a German man, in German, but we proceeded to argue about it in German.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Spent the weekend on top of Mow Cop celebrating our sons 50th birthday, along with family and friends. Great view of the fireworks displays across the Cheshire plain and Staffordshire moorland. Proudly wore my Just Jane t shirt as part of the very modest financial contribution I have made to the drive to get the East Kirkby  Lancaster airborne again. 

T shirt bears an image of scantily clad Jane of Daily Mirror cartoon strip fame,  with the words "Just Jane" and a dedication to the Lancaster. My 7 year old grand daughter said it was "inappropriate" ???

Tonight, I:

- deposed Stalin and brought back Trotsky
- conquered Turkey and Romania so I could control the ever important strategic links into the Mediterranean 
- rapidly increased my army, as well as the quality of my troops in preparation for my new neighbours, the Germans, who may be popping over the border for an unannounced visit. 

I had some free time so put a few hours into Hearts of Iron 4, playing as the Soviets/Russians. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

1 hour ago, Copa said:

I started writing poetry this year and just received notification that a poem I submitted for a collection has been accepted and will be published.

Feeling quite pleased with myself right now.

That doesn't thyme.

Must do better?

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Archived