Dear Diary

Just now, ckn said:

Please remember that any political stuff should go on the political forum. There's a discussion on the Tories thread there about this subject.

Not really political to say straight facts that ALevel grades well down on predictions with little rhyme or reason

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, SSoutherner said:

Not really political to say straight facts that ALevel grades well down on predictions with little rhyme or reason

That's why nothing has been moved, it was just a hint as things were getting to the stage of pointing fingers.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

On 09/07/2020 at 22:54, Copa said:

I had a second poem published a few weeks ago. The editors are quite renowned in their fields too so I’m quite happy with myself.

I’ve been writing a lot more poetry and I’m also feeling more confident and capable with regards to my poetry.

Up until last year I never thought I’d be the sort of person to write poetry. It was a friend who encouraged me to give it a try because she thought I’d be good at it.

A little bit of encouragement can change person’s life in a small way.

I have now had a poem accepted for publication in a major US poetry journal that accepts submissions from around the world.

I was very surprised to get the acceptance email.

I feel a bit like I have imposters syndrome.

2 hours ago, Copa said:

I have now had a poem accepted for publication in a major US poetry journal that accepts submissions from around the world.

If you get in and it's unexpected then either:

- your uncle runs the place; or
- your submission was genuinely good.

If it's the latter then well done! 😉

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

20 hours ago, Copa said:

You have no right to imposter syndrome .😕

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, JohnM said:

When?  Presumably in less than 2 years. 👍

I like your new avatar, John. It definitely gets my approval.👍

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

My laptop was running slow, so I took it to the computer doctors on Bohemia Road, and they fitted a new hard drive, it wasn't cheap, and I lost Windows Office, but it is now as fast as it was when it was new.

I had to do a complete factory reset on mine a few weeks back cos it was so slow it was basically stood still. Seems alright now and I'd transferred all my files over to an older laptop when it had first started to slow down so I didn't lose anything at least. 

1 hour ago, Red Willow said:

How orders pizza at 2am for home delivery?

Was woken up by some herbert knocking on the door. Was the fact the house was in darkness not a clue it wasn't us?

I think this when there's those ads for just eat on tv that say 24hr delivery on McDonald's. 

1. Who is so desperate for a burger in the early hours of the morning? 

2. Out of all the fantastic restaurants and takeaways available on just eat you voluntarily choose McDonald's when you can get a King Kong burger from your local takeaway just down the road which is 3 times bigger than a big mac and costs the same? 

3. When you can get a triple bacon burger for a fiver from the takeaway just down the road, what the hell are you ordering food on an app for instead of getting off your fat ###### and just wandering 200 metres to the place itself?

2 hours ago, Red Willow said:

Who orders pizza at 2am for home delivery?

Was woken up by some herbert knocking on the door. Was the fact the house was in darkness not a clue it wasn't us?

Might have been a surprise party and you were all gonna jump out 

I received some dreadful news today, my next door neighbour, who is 81 & born in Dublin, and has been suffering with 3 types of cancer, was suffering from a hypoglycemic problem today, he was admitted to the Conquest Hospital this afternoon, but has passed away. I know this means nothing to you guys, but the last 6 months I have been calling in every day, making sure he has his comfort stuff, a newspaper, putting his bet on, getting his pain a chocolate, or his smoothie, and now he's not here. He had no local family, his nearest is in Dublin, his sister-in-law is in Oxford. 

I just need to put it out here. I will miss the belligerent old book dealer, who gave my daughter a £350 copy of a 1904 first edition, signed book. She is upset too.

9 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

I received some dreadful news today, my next door neighbour, who is 81 & born in Dublin, and has been suffering with 3 types of cancer, was suffering from a hypoglycemic problem today, he was admitted to the Conquest Hospital this afternoon, but has passed away. I know this means nothing to you guys, but the last 6 months I have been calling in every day, making sure he has his comfort stuff, a newspaper, putting his bet on, getting his pain a chocolate, or his smoothie, and now he's not here. He had no local family, his nearest is in Dublin, his sister-in-law is in Oxford. 

I just need to put it out here. I will miss the belligerent old book dealer, who gave my daughter a £350 copy of a 1904 first edition, signed book. She is upset too.

It sounds like you made him very happy towards the end. With no family around he will have woken up every morning looking forward to his visit from bleep. That's a really selfless thing you've done there and you should be proud of yourself. *pat on back*. 

Archived